Rogue underpowered?

I play with all characters i have all sets and wen i play with rogue i feal is ussles,is underpowered or is just about luck with this character?
i think depend to mutch of rng
posible i`m noob!!
some advice or a deck?
i have all cards
Reply Quote
Use lots of low cost cards and have several low cast draw cards. I find cards that are low cast but very hard to remove work very well. Minions that buff other minions are also very strong. Also have cards that draw more cards.

Cards that are low cost but hard to remove are cards like Argent Squire, Defias Ringleader, Scarlet Crusader, or Harvest Golem.

Cards that draw more cards are things like Loot Hoarder, Novice, Engineer, Blood Mage Thalnos, Shiv, or Fan of Knives.

Cards that buff other minions are cards like Shattered Sun Cleric, Dark Iron Dwarf, Defender of Argus, Abusive Sargent, or maybe a Dire Wolf Alpha.

Then you need removal abilities like Shiv, Eviscerate, Argent Commander, Perdition Blade, Fan of Knives, Deadly Poison, Sap, Assassinate, or Assassin's Blade.

Maybe some potential super minions like Questing Adventurer, VanCleef, or Sylvanis.
Reply Quote
I see posts like this every week. Rogue is not UP, but it does take some getting used to. It's fun because it's different from other classes and that's why I've played more Rogue than anything else. There's only a few viable ways to play in the current meta which is a little frustrating but I don't think that will change with any class no matter how much they try to balance the game.
Reply Quote
Uh no... Just no. Rogues are currently the highest winrate class in constructed play, even over their close second, Mage. If you're losing, it's because your deck sucks, your play sucks, or you had insanely bad luck on your draws.

They're not underpowered at all. They just drop out in the late game unless you're using a retardo miracle rogue deck or you've juked out enemy removals enough to allow for a Rag or any other strong late game power play. Rogues have even better early game board control than Warlocks do at the moment with class specific cards.

The fact of the matter remains that the current meta revolves around having an amazing early start and prepping yourself during moments where the enemy will try to clear the board, ie: Flamestrike, Shadowflame, etc.

Being in 3 Star Master isn't really a big deal right now as it's really easy to achieve so I can't really use that to support my claim but stat sites such as HearthStats will confirm what I'm saying.

Not to sound like a jerk but based on your spelling and overall grammar, I'd say the problem is more likely to lie with your intellectual potential rather than your cards or class choice. I recommend you spend more time studying and researching the game rather than complaining about how weak a class seems to you.
Reply Quote
@ShockZero

11/29/2013 06:32 PMPosted by ShockZero
Not to sound like a jerk but based on your spelling and overall grammar, I'd say the problem is more likely to lie with your intellectual potential

Well make sure you warn people before you are going to act like a jerk. I hate people like you.
Reply Quote
I spent my time explaining a few items that might help him before I gave an honest opinion. It's okay if you want to cry for him but I think you should probably do more than give him a hug and defend him. Atleast give him some times or helpful information like I did.
Reply Quote
I would say Rouge is currently top tier along with Mages and Warlocks. Hunters and Priests seem to be the weakest.

For me my Rouge deck is the strongest deck I have and easily have about a 70% win rate with it.

I almost never have a bad hand so it is very consistent. I only have 2 cards that cost 6 mana. Everything else is 5 or below.

http://i.imgur.com/sOsljzu.jpg
Reply Quote
http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/1r90gb/1_ranked_constructed_player_na_main_deck_list_and/

That guys deck is darn good. Every top rogue deck right now is some variant of it.

Here is mine: http://i.imgur.com/KAggkga.jpg?1

I don't have bloodmage so I'm having to make do. I also like Blade Fury + Weapons. Mine sometimes runs into trouble against Mage/Shaman decks because you end up trading life due your weapon usage.
Reply Quote
Yeah my deck is more rushy. Has 1 drops which makes it much more stable when going first. Since I have so many buff minions the 1 drops can get stronger later and 1 drops are amazing with guys like Dark Iron Dwar, Defender of Argus, Shattered Sun Cleric, and it allows you to reliably use combos. Sometimes I sideboard a Questing Adventurer due to the 1 drops but it is risky to use him and I do not have VanCleef.

Also some form of AoE is mandatory in most if not all good Rouge decks that is why Fan of Knives is there.

Since I have 2 spell power minions Shiv is not so bad. Also I do not have Loot Hoarder.
Reply Quote
Yeah my deck is more rushy. Has 1 drops which makes it much more stable when going first. Since I have so many buff minions the 1 drops can get stronger later and 1 drops are amazing with guys like Dark Iron Dwar, Defender of Argus, Shattered Sun Cleric, and it allows you to reliably use combos. Sometimes I sideboard a Questing Adventurer due to the 1 drops but it is risky to use him and I do not have VanCleef.

Also some form of AoE is mandatory in most if not all good Rouge decks that is why Fan of Knives is there.

Since I have 2 spell power minions Shiv is not so bad. Also I do not have Loot Hoarder.

How do you deal with Mages with all those 1drops? I'm having a hard enough time as is against their stalling and board clear :|

I got rid of FoK since I use Bladefury. I don't like FoK, feels like the card just stays in your hand for too long, and it isn't even that strong when you do use it. Lack of Bloodmage probably plays into that as well. With bladefury you can double up as a burst spell, example: Deadly Poison -> Attack -> Blade fury for 6+dmg to single target and 3+dmg to everyone else.
Reply Quote
The only 1 drops I have that get shut down easily by Mage are Abusive Sergeants and they have a battle cry effect so even if they die they did their job. Also if Mage spends too much time plinking away at my creatures she risks dying from loss of tempo.

In addition due to the buffing minions you can often keep some minions out of AoE clear range. So against a Mage you do not care if you have a bunch of 1 hp guys as long as at least 1 guy is out of AoE kill range.
Edited by AzureD on 12/2/2013 8:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've found a really strong weapon-based Rogue deck that works well for me, I played it all the way up to level 60. You might want to try it:

Spells:

1 x Preparation (if you don't have this, replace with Shiv)
2 x Deadly Poison
2 x Backstab
2 x Eviscerate
2 x Blade Flurry
2 x Fan of Knives
2 x Assassinate
1 x Sprint (ideally only use this in combination with Preparation)

Minions:

2 x Defias Ringleader
2 x Bloodsail Raider
2 x Bloodsail Corsair
2 x Twilight Drake (can also substitute Argent Commanders)
2 x Azure Drake

1 x Sylvanas Windrunner
1 x Alextrasza
(if you don't have 2 decent legendaries like these, use Argent Commanders

Weapons:

2 x Perdition's Blade
2 x Assassin's Blade

Your win conditions are to control the board with your spells, and combo Assassin's Blade with Deadly Poison and Blade Flurry for huge burst damage.
Edited by Rubdown on 12/2/2013 10:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Rogue has the highest win rate right now. The above mentioned post on reddit is the deck I'm using, I'm running at an 87% winrate on it. It's kind of crazy.
Reply Quote
I've found a really strong weapon-based Rogue deck that works well for me, I played it all the way up to level 60. You might want to try it:

Spells:

1 x Preparation (if you don't have this, replace with Shiv)
2 x Deadly Poison
2 x Backstab
2 x Eviscerate
2 x Blade Flurry
2 x Fan of Knives
2 x Assassinate
1 x Sprint (ideally only use this in combination with Preparation)

Minions:

2 x Defias Ringleader
2 x Bloodsail Raider
2 x Bloodsail Corsair
2 x Twilight Drake (can also substitute Argent Commanders)
2 x Azure Drake

1 x Sylvanas Windrunner
1 x Alextrasza
(if you don't have 2 decent legendaries like these, use Argent Commanders

Weapons:

2 x Perdition's Blade
2 x Assassin's Blade

Your win conditions are to control the board with your spells, and combo Assassin's Blade with Deadly Poison and Blade Flurry for huge burst damage.

If you are playing control then why no Spiteful Smith? Spiteful Smith is amazing with Bladefury.
Edited by AzureD on 12/11/2013 1:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]