Al'Akir, fine or buff?

almost every single card is better than him. I'd literally rather have crap like a frostwolf grunt than that bag of useless crap
Reply Quote
His usefulness is situational but to be 100% honest he's a little bit crappy for his cost, especially for a class legendary.
Reply Quote
I don't even think taunt is meant to be a benefit on him. It's more of a disadvantage, allowing him to be focused even with other taunt creatures on the board. I would be happy to remove the taunt with nothing to compensate.
Reply Quote
Either reduce his cost or buff his stats with overload.
The card on itself is great but the stats are terrible
Reply Quote
Jack of all trades, master of none. Terrible legendary is terrible.
Reply Quote
In windfury / rockbitter / flametongue totem deck, Alakir is better legendary than Ragnaros, Ysera or Cairne Bloodhoof. Average metaplayer just cant use his potential.
Edited by Dantina on 1/22/2014 2:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/TA6NHQX.jpg

you cast ancestral spirit with him turn 10, next turn you buff him and faceless him for free win.
Reply Quote
he usually doesn't make it past the turn i summon him on =[

01/22/2014 02:22 PMPosted by Dantina
In windfury / rockbitter / flametongue totem deck, Alakir is better legendary than Ragnaros, Ysera or Cairne Bloodhoof. Average metaplayer just cant use his potential.

thats a lot of set up to make him the same/better than others.

imo worse legendary after milhouse
Edited by Pwnageirl on 1/22/2014 7:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
he usually doesn't make it past the turn i summon him on =[

thats a lot of set up to make him the same/better than others.

imo worse legendary after milhouse

Windrfury / Flametongue totem / Rockbiter weapon / Leeroy / Alakir shaman is very strong now - it beats Druids and Paladins and is fun deal 20 - 30 damage in single turn. Sometimes you finish with Alakir + rockbitter weapons, sometimes with Leeroy + windfury, sometimes with Fire Elemental + windfury burst. Alakir is the only one creature in game with Windfury / Charge combo and he scales extremely well in right deck.
Edited by Dantina on 1/23/2014 3:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
I think he needs a rework here is my proposal.

1. 6 mana

2. Overload 2

3. Remove taunt and add: give adjacent minions windfury

4. -1 attack and +2 life

After this he becomes more like the shaman's play style of having minions work together
Reply Quote
reduce the cost of the mana by 1 maybe
so it costs to summon him 7 mana instead of 8
Reply Quote
If he was 6 they would probably give him Overcharge 3
Reply Quote
If he was 6 they would probably give him Overcharge 3
Reply Quote
12/10/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Nero
Its getting harder and harder to resist the urge to disenchant Al'Akir

He just isnt worth the 8 mana to cast.

this here

that is the problem, he should not be (8) to cast

at (6) then i think he would be great...

all is see is (8)... 3/5 =(
Reply Quote
getting rid of taunt and giving him a 1/1 to make him a 4/6 would be enough to make him a great card making him a 4/7 or 5/6 without taunt would be the icing on the cake
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 02:39 PMPosted by BMtheDM
as it stands taunt is just out of place on him. trade it for higher numbers, or a lower cost.

It doesn't need to be a trade it needs to be the only change. If you could hide him behind taunt creatures than he quickly becomes one of the best class specific legendaries in the game. His one true con is that he makes himself a target which means he can always be targeted.
Reply Quote
I agree that Al'Akir is not a great Legendary on its own, unlike Tirion or Ragnaros for instance, but he still can perform very well in the right Shaman deck. I run him in my Shaman deck who also has two Mana Tide Totems as well as other sources of card draw and I can tell you that I've won several game against control decks (especially vs Giantlock) with Al'Akir+2xRockbiter combo.
Also, I like the taunt on him. After all, if you use him to kill your opponent the turn he is played it does not matter whether he has taunt or not. However, if you use him instead to recover from a rush againt zoolock or rushadin he trades instantly but is also a body they have to remove before going for your face.
Reply Quote
they should buff hogger
Reply Quote
Crafted Al'Akir today. He seems fine. He actually won me a couple of games, though some he just made me win quicker.

I don't think buffing attack is the answer, at least. One more attack and he is in the sweet spot that makes him imune to shaddow words and able to take out the wide range of common 4 hp minions (Azure Drake, Auctioneer, etc.). Two more attacks and he would just be too good, I think. Even if you remove the taunt (which some may view as a buff and others as a nerf).

May I just add that I think some of the legendaries are a little too good value. I like the fact that some legendaries (like Al'Akir) demand a bit of planning and effort to work properly (if at all; I am looking at you, tinkmaster). They are not awesome by default, but with a bit of effort they can be. I think too many play legendaries like Ragnaros (I see him so often that he is basicly a common), due to the fact that it is hard to argue against 8 "free" damage, even though it is RNG. But I digress...

They could try reducing the initial cost and add some overload, but too much and it would open up for some rage inducing combos.

Or I guess they could add another effect, like a deathrattle or a battlecry, just for the lulz. Would have been epic with a full set of effects, but it is hard to imagine what could be given that would not make him OP. :p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]