Is hunter really good at low leagues or what?

I literally started 5 hours ago and have been almost non-stop playing. I found out almost right away that hunter was my play style with the mass swarming and winning by turn 6-8. So many fast creatures and ways to get them huge even faster.

I've never even heard of the class prior to playing hearthstone; All I'd heard of was paladin, warrior, mage, and priest.

So after making my deck and slowly adding things in as I go I've gone 25-4 on the ladder. Is the ranking system worth anything to skill or if you play enough with you eventually become master? Just got into diamond 1 and I'm not sure if it's the deck or how I'm playing it that's giving me so much success.

Can someone give me an explanation of why this is happening?
Reply Quote
Hi!

Hunters seem to be doing really well on the lower tiers. This can be seen how Hunters are getting nerfs in the next balance patch. Why it works is that Hunters can have decent decks without any added "Expert" cards. Real problem for Hunters is that this is all they can do. Hunters don't have real way of competing against the best decks in the game.

The ranking system is built up so that you can't go down in ranks. Behind the scenes there is a MMR rating apparently that tries to make you play the same skill players, but it seems that the rating changes slowly or it doesn't refresh after every game but more like once a day.

You most likely have experience in card games prior to Hearthstone and that is the reason you can play better than most of the new players. This will cause you to stomp lower skill players but i'm sure you'll meet some resistance eventually. :)

I hope i answered your question.
Reply Quote
Yea it hasn't so much been some resistance as now hitting actual tier decks that !@#$ing destroy beasts. Paladin straight up wrecks it and warrior and mage have some good aoe too. I am seeing the flaws coming into play and i hope that in the future there will be a way to be aggressive without being allin like it is now. If I dont win pre 9-10 mana i think ive only won one game
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 09:10 AMPosted by BigBrother
Yea it hasn't so much been some resistance as now hitting actual tier decks that !@#$ing destroy beasts. Paladin straight up wrecks it and warrior and mage have some good aoe too. I am seeing the flaws coming into play and i hope that in the future there will be a way to be aggressive without being allin like it is now. If I dont win pre 9-10 mana i think ive only won one game

I was going to point it out in response to your first post but it looks like you've noticed. Hunters are atrocious when play against decent opponents because hunters only have one viable build which can be counted by either rushing first or playing a taunt between turns 5 and 8.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]