Changes to make Hunters *BALANCED*

At the moment here is the problem with Hunters

-Without UtH, they are an aggro-style deck that gets trumped by any other aggro deck.
-With UtH, their entire strategy revolves around 1 card, hence why it's considered "op".
-In Arena, Hunters suck simply because their strategy revolves around specific cards that if not given in the randomness of arena, makes them suck.
-Because they revolve around one strategy, they are easily countered by advanced players.

I've been playing Hunters forever, and I decided to actually try in an attempt to balance Hunters, just because Blizzard doesn't really know what to do. They even admitted this by saying they don't know what to do with UtH, but decide to nerf Buzzard which is just strange.

After playing Hunter for months since I've gotten beta, here are the changes I would make. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Unleash the Hounds
-Changed to +1 attack and Charge this turn only. (The charge won't matter after that turn, but this will make it a bit more balanced).

Tundra Rhino
-Change Power from 2 to 3.

Gladiator's Longbow
-Change cost to 6.

Misdirection.
-Change so that it only attacks an enemy character.

Deadly Shot
-Change cost to 2.

Kill Command
-Buff this. We have a 1 cost spell that deals 2 damage in any situation, but this costs 3 to deal 3, and 5 if we have a beast? Seems grossly under powered.

Tracking
-Change so that instead of discarding them, you shuffle it back into your library.

Just remember this is to make Hunters balanced. Not overpowered or underpowered.
Reply Quote
I think the changes you proposed would make Hunters extremely OP. Here's why:

UTH: The attack and charge for one turn only is irrelevant. The majority of Hunters use the card as an "I win" button. If the onslaught doesn't kill the opponent that turn, it was a failure. The card should be reworked but I have no idea how. A cost increase is a good start and 1 turn only seems appropriate too. As a 1 cost card, it's simply too powerful as it currently stands. I trust Blizzard to adjust it appropriately.

I can see how everything else is a "buff" to Hunters. I'm not sure your suggestions are the way to go, but I do agree Hunters would need some love if UTH is balanced. It's silly that Hunters only have one viable deck / way to play but that one viable deck / way to play is the most frustrating thing ever for opponents.
Reply Quote
I agree with Gladiator Longbow and Misdirection. Nothing else.

Concerning Tracking: I see people suggest that modification all the time but it actually makes the card worse. Do hunters ever lose because fatigued out? No. Hunters don't have that much staying power in a long game. So what's the difference if the cards get shuffled back into your deck? Discarding them gives more information because there are less things left in your deck to draw. It thins the deck, and if those 2 cards were so important then why did you pick the 3rd? It's better the way it is.
Reply Quote
charge for this turn only you realize charge is only revelvent for ONE TURN ONLY

that's like saying I will change freeze so it only freezes for one turn

or how about lets have a max of 2 of each card?
Reply Quote
11/26/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Silke
If the onslaught doesn't kill the opponent that turn, it was a failure.

Show me any video where the first time UtH was used in a match, it killed the opp.
If this happened, he probably led it into something, and finished him off with UtH, which is just poor luck or planning on the opp's part.

A cost increase is a good start and 1 turn only seems appropriate too. As a 1 cost card, it's simply too powerful as it currently stands. I trust Blizzard to adjust it appropriately.

Thanks for saying this so I won't have to read your second paragraph. You just told me that you have no idea what you're talking about.
Increasing the cost of UtH would make it totally useless and would make Hunters suck.

Concerning Tracking: I see people suggest that modification all the time but it actually makes the card worse. Do hunters ever lose because fatigued out? No. Hunters don't have that much staying power in a long game. So what's the difference if the cards get shuffled back into your deck? Discarding them gives more information because there are less things left in your deck to draw. It thins the deck, and if those 2 cards were so important then why did you pick the 3rd? It's better the way it is.

Go ahead and use Tracking and you'll understand why. The card is instead of "Choose from 3 cards and draw a card" into "Look at 3 cards and choose which one you don't want to get rid of". It becomes a drawback, and why would you want to get rid of a card to draw a card? Might as well just get rid of the middle man and keep a mana crystal.
Reply Quote
As I understand it, this popular UtH combo plays half control until it explodes with charging beasts. I mean the idea is to have enough control until you unlock the combo around turn 7 right?

Doesn't that mean there already exists a decent element for a hunter control deck? I mean the hero power would work really well in a control deck. So even if this UtH combo dies, the class isnt dead right?

The biggest problems I see with the class is the reliance on beast minions. Warlock are strong and popular, and it has nothing to do with the class minion type of demon. Beast synergy should be a flavor to the class, not a defining role.
Edited by TotalPutts on 11/26/2013 7:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ok so basically the most OP cards in the game right now are starving buzzard UTH and mind control. The hunter having 2 of 3 OP cards this needs to get fixed idc if UTH stays, but the fact that i have a hunter at 3 HP and i have 20 HP (him with having only 1 beast on the field) still manages to kill me with out even breaking a sweat this with only 7-8 mana c'mon this is complete horse****.

Now i agree that anything drastic done to hunters will make them pretty much unviable to play at all but I'll suggest 1 of 2 options that needs to be done. Option A: make UTH at a minimum a 4 mana card this being so you cant get a crazy amount of beasts out in one turn but still enough to do some serious dmg being that beasts dont really cost a whole lot anyway. Option B: make UTH only give all beasts charge not dmg and charge for only 1 mana this IMO is absolutely ****ing insane who ever made this card must have said "hmm how can i make the most OP thing ever so that way no one will contest me?"

This being said even priest with mind control I dont mind playing anymore(although my fixfor this is simple make mind control silence-able) I can get around it ill expect the priest to mind control a big monster by turn 8 hence why I wont play them or make them weak enough that if they do mind control them I will be able to destroy him but anyway I'm getting away from the point which is i can play around a priest i cant play around a hunter who can do 20 dmg with no warning and no creatures on the field. Please fix this its getting to the point when I come across a hunter I almost just quit in the beginning because its becoming so intolerable. Thanks and have a nice day.
Reply Quote
Why would you want to nerf Misdirection? The only time I would consider to use this card is in combination of Buzzard and Snake Trap. A good player will just suck up the 2 damage and probably 1 card from your Buzzard and attack your hero if you place secret+Buzzard together.

All your changes only buff the control cards, but that is not the problem of the hunter. You want to make good cards OP.
The real problem of the hunter is the weakness of most beasts. We need a card to increase the HP of our beasts or at least heal them.

We got those beasts:
1 HP: 5 (7 if you include Snakes and Razorfen)
2 HP: 7
3 HP: 3
4 HP: 3
5 HP: 6
6 HP: 0
7 HP: 2
8 HP: 1

At 4 we got 3, but 2 of these come from Animal Companion.
The 5 HP include the Core Hound, Rhino, Kodo and King Mukla. Those are bad or situational, leaving the Tiger and the Highmane as the only "real" 5 HP beasts.
At 7 we got the Snapjaw and The Beast. Nothing more to say here...
At 8 we got King Krush.

So the vast majority of beasts got 1 or 2 HP. Needless to say that this is not enough. With a card like Murloc Warleader, Coldlight Seer or Blood Imp we would be able to compensate that. Without it we just die to every AoE in the game.
Reply Quote

Thanks for saying this so I won't have to read your second paragraph. You just told me that you have no idea what you're talking about.
Increasing the cost of UtH would make it totally useless and would make Hunters suck.

If you can't see why 1 mana for +1 Attack and Charge for EVERY beast on your board is too powerful, there's no hope in debating anything further with you.
Reply Quote
I agree with these changes:
Tundra Rhino
-Change Power from 2 to 3.

Gladiator's Longbow
-Change cost to 6.

Misdirection.
-Change so that it only attacks an enemy character.

but the real problem is the health isseus mentioned. beasts never live long enough synergize to properly and will struggle against the rush decks that can trade so well because we run weaker creatures for the sake of this synergy
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]