A question to all hunters

why is this class too overpowered? hunters have highest w/l ratio in ranked play and most of their spells have low cost / high efficent.

sincerely, a mage player.
Reply Quote
why is this class too overpowered? hunters have highest w/l ratio in ranked play and most of their spells have low cost / high efficent.

sincerely, a mage player.

If you want a sincere answer, try starting with a few specifics.
Reply Quote
Or some proof?
Reply Quote
Because every card in their kit is stupidly inexpensive, stupidly overpowered or both.

Keep the following in mind: Hunter decks are about 65% low cost beasts.

Hunter's Mark: 0 mana. Sets a target to 1 health, essentially a free removal of any minion on the table.

Kill Command: 3 mana, 3 damage. +2 if you control a beast.

Multi-Shot: 4 mana 3 damage to 2 random minions. Random is an element, but when combined with all the other crazy removal the hunter has it's not hard to wittle it down to the point where the random is removed.

Deadly Shot: 3 mana. Destroy a random minion. Same deal as Multi-Shot.

Explosive Shot: 5 mana. Deal 5 damage to a minion and 2 damage to each minion adjacent to it. Again, feeds into Hunter's crazy removal.

Starving Buzzard: 2 mana. Draw a card whenever you play a beast.

Timber Wolf: 1 mana 1/1. Your other beasts have +1 attack, stacks with Dire Wolf Alpha, which is also a beast. /facepalm

Scavenging Hyena: 2 mana 2/2. Gains +2/+1 when one of your beasts die, essentially Flesheating Ghoul on crack.

Animal Companion: 3 mana summons one of the following beasts...
4/2 Charge
4/4 Taunt
2/2 All other minions get +1 attack.
For that price,they're sick enough, but they're all beasts so they get all the fun bonuses too...

Tracking: 1 mana, Draw 3 cards, pick 1 discard the rest... I wouldn't complain about this, except for the kit being too filled with OP cards.

Explosive Trap: 2 mana, secret. Does 2 damage to all enemies including the hero if the hunter is attacked which is practically inevitable. Sickening OP.

Snipe: 2 mana secret: When your opponent summons a minion it takes 4 damage immediately. >_>

Freezing Trap: 2 mana secret: When a minion attacks you, return it to it's owners hand, it costs 2 more. More situational, but still bloody annoying. Can render some cards unplayable.

Eaglehorn Bow: 3 mana, 3/2 weapon. Gains 1 durability if a secret is revealed. You know just in case Hunter secrets weren't annoying enough.

Flare: 1 mana. All minions lose stealth and all enemy secrets are destroyed. Draw a card. OH, F*** OFF!

Unleash the Hounds: 1 mana. Your beasts gain +1 attack and charge. Easily the most broken card in the game. I have been on the receiving end of at 30-2 swing by a hunter player who had nothing on the table at the start of the turn and simply unloaded a bunch of beasts and then played this f***ing card. This card pretty much assures victory as it exploits the hunter's kit to it's maximum and allows him to pull countless victories out of his !@# that he really doesn't deserve.

So to sum up...

Low cost cards.
Way too much removal.
Beasts feed off each other like the f***ing Borg.
Overpowered cheap secrets.
The most broken card in the game.
And it all fits in one deck.

That is why this class is broken and everyone hates them.
Reply Quote
*lol*
Nice job! You listed every reason why hunter is UP!
Reply Quote
Because every card in their kit is stupidly inexpensive, stupidly overpowered or both.

Explosive Trap: 2 mana, secret. Does 2 damage to all enemies including the hero if the hunter is attacked which is practically inevitable. Sickening OP.

You are so bad at this game.
Reply Quote
Most beasts are also stupidly easy to get off the board immediately.
Reply Quote
11/27/2013 04:04 PMPosted by Pumpkin
Most beasts are also stupidly easy to get off the board immediately.

How do you get them off the board when they dump 7 beasts then UtH you?
Reply Quote
11/27/2013 11:24 PMPosted by KindaBigDeal

When they have 8 cards in their hand and enough mana cost to play them all? I think you could've wrecked this guy before he could play this kind of "combo".
Reply Quote
11/27/2013 11:46 PMPosted by fmaw

When they have 8 cards in their hand and enough mana cost to play them all? I think you could've wrecked this guy before he could play this kind of "combo".

Man. You're right. Only if hunters had some sort of traps or something to slow down your minions from attacking them....only if!
Reply Quote
kill him before he has his draws
its not that hard
palis and priest can do this very easily..
stop being a !@#$%. hunters arent that op.
priests is the issue here
Reply Quote
kill him before he has his draws
its not that hard
palis and priest can do this very easily..
stop being a !@#$%. hunters arent that op.
priests is the issue here

Kill him before he draws.
It's not hard.
Pallys and Locks can do this very easily.
Stop being a !@#$% priests aren't that OP.
Hunter is the issue here.

Does this ,make my argument valid now?
Reply Quote
Only on the internet do people respond to logical arguments with "HERP DERP, NO!" and are somehow considered to have made a superior case.
Reply Quote
Does this make my argument valid now?

Save your breath, man. He might use his debate club trump card.

You know, the infamous "U Mad?".

>_>
Reply Quote
So is this a complaint about hunters or unleash the hounds?
Reply Quote
Low spell cost, Low Minion summoning (mostly beast), but nothing instantly powerful. If you have strong board clears, or small damage effects, you can beat us pretty quickly. (He he, goodbye lord of taunts, you now have one health.) Another way to play against a hunter is to have lots of spells yourself. I've had games where for 8 turns, no minions lasted one turn because each of us would have something.
Reply Quote
UTH hunter - glass cannon. Easy to beat, very easy to beat for mages. I don't know how this build can cause, a problem to anyone.

Most of the cards u mentioned are underpowered in my opinion.

Mages/Priest are most unbalanced, easy to play, troll classes, they shoudn't complain. Cause if priest or mage is not a retard easly can have 70%+ win ratio every league.

I don't play hunter.

GL HF
Reply Quote
I've just been running a UtH deck with a stupid success rate. No, it doesn't work every time, but it works most of the time and it is definitely ridiculous. I would almost be okay with UtH if it were not for the rest of the hunter cards and abilities. While you're waiting to blow your load you're picking off minion after minion and on top of that spending any extra mana on the hero power whittling down your opponent's HP. I almost never need to deal a full 30 damage with UtH, in most cases just 20 or less. Hunters definitely need to be nerfed.

Although I do enjoy the fear and the rage...I once laid down a bunch of beasts hoping that I would draw UtH and never did. At the same time I emoted my "Oops" my opponent conceded =D
Reply Quote

Keep the following in mind: Hunter decks are about 65% low cost beasts.

Hunter's Mark: 0 mana. Sets a target to 1 health, essentially a free removal of any minion on the table.

Kill Command: 3 mana, 3 damage. +2 if you control a beast.

Multi-Shot: 4 mana 3 damage to 2 random minions. Random is an element, but when combined with all the other crazy removal the hunter has it's not hard to wittle it down to the point where the random is removed.

Deadly Shot: 3 mana. Destroy a random minion. Same deal as Multi-Shot.

Explosive Shot: 5 mana. Deal 5 damage to a minion and 2 damage to each minion adjacent to it. Again, feeds into Hunter's crazy removal.

Starving Buzzard: 2 mana. Draw a card whenever you play a beast.

Timber Wolf: 1 mana 1/1. Your other beasts have +1 attack, stacks with Dire Wolf Alpha, which is also a beast. /facepalm

Scavenging Hyena: 2 mana 2/2. Gains +2/+1 when one of your beasts die, essentially Flesheating Ghoul on crack.

Animal Companion: 3 mana summons one of the following beasts...
4/2 Charge
4/4 Taunt
2/2 All other minions get +1 attack.
For that price,they're sick enough, but they're all beasts so they get all the fun bonuses too...

Tracking: 1 mana, Draw 3 cards, pick 1 discard the rest... I wouldn't complain about this, except for the kit being too filled with OP cards.

Snipe: 2 mana secret: When your opponent summons a minion it takes 4 damage immediately. >_>

Freezing Trap: 2 mana secret: When a minion attacks you, return it to it's owners hand, it costs 2 more. More situational, but still bloody annoying. Can render some cards unplayable.

Eaglehorn Bow: 3 mana, 3/2 weapon. Gains 1 durability if a secret is revealed. You know just in case Hunter secrets weren't annoying enough.

Flare: 1 mana. All minions lose stealth and all enemy secrets are destroyed. Draw a card. OH, F*** OFF!

Unleash the Hounds: 1 mana. Your beasts gain +1 attack and charge. Easily the most broken card in the game. I have been on the receiving end of at 30-2 swing by a hunter player who had nothing on the table at the start of the turn and simply unloaded a bunch of beasts and then played this f***ing card. This card pretty much assures victory as it exploits the hunter's kit to it's maximum and allows him to pull countless victories out of his !@# that he really doesn't deserve.

So to sum up...

Low cost cards.
Way too much removal.
Beasts feed off each other like the f***ing Borg.
Overpowered cheap secrets.
The most broken card in the game.
And it all fits in one deck.

That is why this class is broken and everyone hates them.

Lets not forget about the Gladiator's Long Bow. Well not nearly as cheap in terms of mana cost It's still a 5 damage weapon that renders the Hunter COMPLETELY immune to damage while it's attacking. If there were ever a perfect minion removal card I don't know what is.
Reply Quote
Beasts are awesome :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]