Stranglethorn Tiger= secret priest OP

SO I went back to try playing priest since I got bored with druid and warlock. Still an awful, awful class to play in 3 star master. So it tried a few things to see if I could make priest playable other than, put random 2 card combo in my deck and hope I get them both at the exact time i need it, which is really the only way priest wins at top level play. So I have found stranglethorn tiger really useful, it is a 5/5 stealth for 5. It kind of has the same thing going for it has yeti. At 5 hp there really isn't anything that gets played normally in the 4,5,6 cost that can straight up kill it. It has stealth so it will stay around the turn after you play it, and it is too big to kill with normal AOE. So this means you can play it, have it stick around for 1 turn to atk, kill something then heal and buff it and nope it doesn.'t get polymorphed or toad. Give it a try and let me know how you feel about it.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
I've actually started using Stranglethorn Tiger in my Priest deck as well for the reasons you say; it's a chunky minion, and it takes a combo of cards to kill it with aoe. It also fits perfectly into the curve of going Tiger turn 5 into buffing it with Temple Enforcer on turn 6, which is a DEVASTATING combo when it comes out like that.
Reply Quote
Sorry but temple enforcer is an awful card, if they can kill something that is 5 hp, most likely they can kill something that is 8 hp. There are way better cards for the 6 cost slot to use to waste on temple enforcer
Reply Quote
I agree, Priest are extremely weak in competitive top end.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
12/02/2013 01:36 AMPosted by TechnomageZ
Sorry but temple enforcer is an awful card, if they can kill something that is 5 hp, most likely they can kill something that is 8 hp. There are way better cards for the 6 cost slot to use to waste on temple enforcer

You're quite incorrect in this regard. Most people just don't understand how strong of a card this is. Here's a common situation that occurs that explains what the strength of the Temple Enforcer is.

Turn 5 comes around, and both players have a big minion on the table that can trade. Stranglethorn tiger is one example, or perhaps a Silver Hand Knight. Anyway, you drop the Temple Enforcer to buff up your own minion's health then slam it into the big minion, and now you have 2 big minions on the table while your opponent has one. It's a similar concept to the Argent Protector except that Temple Enforcer is a much larger minion. When this play occurs, it's often the end of the game if the game was even up to this point since it's very hard to recover from without a pure board wipe.

A secondary use, albeit not the main reason, is that you can use Temple Enforcer to get 2 minions on the table outside of Flamestrike range in one turn. It can be very difficult to be aggressive against a Mage because with Flamestrike, they can kill basically every mid-game minion when you account for their hero power. But doing something like a Chillwind Yeti into a Temple Enforcer puts minions that are well out of their Flamestrike range.
Reply Quote
Agreed, the Enforcer is great - for two reasons: he's fat, and he messes with math.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]