Shadow words and holy nova are just dumb.

Forget MC, MC is fine, the problem are these other cards. 90% of good priests have 2 copies of them on their deck. Thats SIX cards that make a match against a priest extremely frustrating.

Whenever I see a priest I instantly concede.
Reply Quote
I understand your opinion about the shadow words but what's wrong with holy nova that isn't wrong with a flamestrike?
Reply Quote
11/27/2013 08:58 PMPosted by Nothing
I understand your opinion about the shadow words but what's wrong with holy nova that isn't wrong with a flamestrike?

umm you know a priests primary job is to heal. there is no reason for it to have so many damage spells. wow didnt even have holy nova til later expansions. it was always a crappy aoe and heal. so if you're gonna compare it to flamestrike, it should be worse than it. it does damage to champion and heals your champion. flamestrike also costs 7 while holy nova costs 5.

simple fix
mana costs:
shadowword pain 3
shadowword death 4-5
holy nova 7-8
Edited by Pureshadow on 11/28/2013 6:43 AM PST
Reply Quote

umm you know a priests primary job is to heal. there is no reason for it to have so many damage spells. wow didnt even have holy nova til later expansions. it was always a crappy aoe and heal. so if you're gonna compare it to flamestrike, it should be worse than it. it does damage to champion and heals your champion. flamestrike also costs 7 while holy nova costs 5.

simple fix
mana costs:
shadowword pain 3
shadowword death 4-5
holy nova 7-8

Patch 1.10.0 (patch date:2006-03-28): Self cooldown on this spell removed. Mana cost increased.
Patch 1.5.0 (patch date:2005-06-07): Cooldown decreased.
Patch 1.4.0 (patch date:2005-05-05): Now causes an explosion of holy light around the caster, causing Holy damage to all enemy targets within 10 yards and healing all party members within 10 yards. These effects now cause no threat as opposed to reducing threat temporarily.

It seems you're onboard memory seems to be malfunctioning, not to mention you're logic core is inbalanced. I can fix that for you, it could possibly save you from future complications that stem from simple game mechanics.

Maybe...
Edited by GLaDOS on 11/29/2013 4:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
Priests NEED aoe too, or they'll be wiped by aggro decks. This is the silliest thread I've read. Priests are generally weak mid game and holy nova is often very much needed to even the playing field. Priests have no solid counter vs 4 attack minions, and most decent players use those to counter priests' mid game.

Priests absolutely rely on controlling the board to win. They don't have synergy with aggro cards and spell power priests are a joke. SWP, SWD and Holy Nova are crucial for them.
Reply Quote
Meh i wish holy nova + northshire cleric didn't mean drawing like 4-5 cards, board wipe for you and healing his creatures, all for 5 mana.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]