Cabal Shadowpriest.

I was wondering, what do y'all think of the card? I personally think that it's not good enough for it's cost and was thinking that, perhaps, they could change it to 4 mana for a 4/5 that has the same affect as Shadow Madness. Would that change be too powerful? (I'ts basically a Chillwind Yeti combined with a Shadow Madness without the extra cost)
Reply Quote
I think it's a very situational card. It's nice in that it can MC some pretty useful cards with very low attack (All totems, Lightwell, etc.) It's far from being a sure win thing but sometimes RNG can line up in your favor.
Reply Quote
I think the attack requirement should be upped or change the requirement to be the defense of 3 or less.
Reply Quote
I personally like the card. It's not a bad body for the cost and the effect can be nice. Mind you it's not Yeti but the effect can be very helpful.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
11/29/2013 10:36 PMPosted by JohnCP
I was wondering, what do y'all think of the card? I personally think that it's not good enough for it's cost and was thinking that, perhaps, they could change it to 4 mana for a 4/5 that has the same affect as Shadow Madness. Would that change be too powerful? (I'ts basically a Chillwind Yeti combined with a Shadow Madness without the extra cost)

It's an INCREDIBLE card if it can steal almost anything. The question is whether it will have a valid target. Stealing something like an Acolyte of Pain or a Warsong Commander can be utterly game-changing, but more likely than not, stealing anything will at least be worth its cost.

Let me elaborate:
1) You pay 6 mana for a card with 4-mana stats
2) It's a 3:1 swing; you get the Priest, you destroy an enemy minion, and you obtain a new minion of your own
3) If the minion you steal is worth at least 1 mana, you break even in terms of mana

I haven't been using it only due to the fact that there's not a lot of cards in constructed that are valid targets for the steal, but that tends to vary based on the meta.
Reply Quote
I think it would be cool if they had an effect in which it gives the minion you steal Taunt. Sort of similar to Defender of Argus but working in the opposite manner.
Reply Quote
I always run one. There are a lot of valuable cards with less than three attack.

Remember it not only removes an enemy minion but summons one for you as well, which is more helpful than people seem to think. It well warrants the mana cost in my opinion.
Reply Quote
11/30/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Sar

It's an INCREDIBLE card if it can steal almost anything. The question is whether it will have a valid target. Stealing something like an Acolyte of Pain or a Warsong Commander can be utterly game-changing, but more likely than not, stealing anything will at least be worth its cost.

Let me elaborate:
2) It's a 3:1 swing; you get the Priest, you destroy an enemy minion, and you obtain a new minion of your own
3) If the minion you steal is worth at least 1 mana, you break even in terms of mana

I haven't been using it only due to the fact that there's not a lot of cards in constructed that are valid targets for the steal, but that tends to vary based on the meta.

The card pool in which you can steal minions from is actually very limited, with the Meta in consideration, as most people are running 3+ attack, buff minions like Shattered Sun Cleric and Dark Iron Dwarf.

- 6 Mana for a 4/5 is terrible.

- If by "3:1 swing" you mean that it trades 3 for 1, not necessarily because it can only be played on turn 6 (5 with the coin) which is when big minions tend to start popping out.

- With consideration of the card's current cost, the only minion that comes out, with 2 attack, later then turn 4 is the Gurubashi Berserker, everything is turn 4 or earlier, so you end up missing out on a lot of opportunities.

- I'm not exactly certain how you think paying 6 mana to steal a 1 mana cost minion is breaking even.

If you haven't been using the card, why do you praise it so? Kind of contradictory...
Reply Quote
I always run one. There are a lot of valuable cards with less than three attack.

Remember it not only removes an enemy minion but summons one for you as well, which is more helpful than people seem to think. It well warrants the mana cost in my opinion.

Well, like I said to "Sar", the Cabal Shadowpriest comes out on turn 6 (5 with the coin), by then most of the valuable 1-2 attack minions have been played/killed by then, so you end up missing out on a lot of opportunities. Not to mention that considering the current stage of the Meta, you're usually dead before then or well on your way to being dead...
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
11/30/2013 08:21 PMPosted by JohnCP

Let me elaborate:

The card pool in which you can steal minions from is actually very limited, with the Meta in consideration, as most people are running 3+ attack, buff minions like Shattered Sun Cleric and Dark Iron Dwarf.

- 6 Mana for a 4/5 is terrible.

- If by "3:1 swing" you mean that it trades 3 for 1, not necessarily because it can only be played on turn 6 (5 with the coin) which is when big minions tend to start popping out.

- With consideration of the card's current cost, the only minion that comes out, with 2 attack, later then turn 4 is the Gurubashi Berserker, everything is turn 4 or earlier, so you end up missing out on a lot of opportunities.

- I'm not exactly certain how you think paying 6 mana to steal a 1 mana cost minion is breaking even.

If you haven't been using the card, why do you praise it so? Kind of contradictory...

It is what it is. The ability of the card is incredibly strong. I don't like running high-cost cards that I have to pocket for too long however. With Cabal Shadowpriest, I might have to wait easily 5 turns or so to make use of its ability; I run a low draw power deck, so i can't afford for high-cost cards that are that situational.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]