Paladin Class Needs Balancing

Paladin is able to trade far too efficiently by using Divine Shield and Sword of Justice. If that doesn't work, then there is Equality and Aldor Peacekeeper which makes a lot of spammable 1/1 or 2/2 creatures trade far too efficiently.

With a Sword of Justice out, Knife Juggler becomes a 4/3 which is very difficult to deal with. The option to put Divine Shield on to creatures buffed in this way makes the Paladin trade far too efficiently.

Paladin also gets board removal via Hammer of Wrath (which is huge because it's a draw) and also Consecration.

I would like to see some balance changes made to this class... I have not even gotten in to the Secrets and other weapons available.
Reply Quote
I just started playing this class, but yeah,
The buff from Palatine is way better than my main class Druid
Reply Quote
More often than not, when I use Sword of Justice, I get Oozed.

Blessing of Kings is like a 4/4 minion with charge... Nothing more. Except for the fact that you need a minion on the field and it's dispellable.

Hammer of Wrath is 4 mana. That's more than Wrath (which can also be a draw) that's more flexible.

Equality has drawbacks.

The Paladin class is in the middle ground. Not as nearly as strong as Hunter/Mage/Priest.
Reply Quote
Paladin's ability to virtually outnumber you by an extra minion due to hero power is REALLLY REALLLY GOOD.

stack it with bunch of divine shield cast minions and spells makes them really tough and like you said trade really good
Reply Quote
AoE and Silence help.
Reply Quote
I think Paladin is the class that needs to be looked TO for balance.
Reply Quote
@MaxPayne37 Nice productive sarcastic answer? Ha. Divine Shield survives AoE, and have fun stuffing your deck full of Silence spells and creatures. Nothing like having Silence, a soft utility at best in most circumstances, at the expense of better creatures, only to realize you have run out of Silences anyway when facing that late-game Tirion Fordring and Equality/Avenging Wrath board wipe.
Reply Quote
Let's not forget about the totally balanced healing, lay on hands gives you 8 and an additional 3 card draw, then there's GoK which is good standalone and gets you an additional 6 health. Add in the buffs between Blessing of kings and divine hands, throw in avenging wrath, you have an already amazing defensive deck mixed in with insane offensive.

Yes mages have pyroblast but that's about it since freeze got nerfed, and yeah priests are bad, but we all know that they're widely the most hated class in game and once you get to higher ranks they thin out, which is definitely a sign they're actually MORE op than we think. As for hunters..... what do they have left? Hyena's and the nerfed UtH combo? Honestly I want to know where the hidden hunter threat lies.

As for palidan, in arena they rule, and in ranked once I face one I figure I'm either gonna get a miracle win or get stomped.
Reply Quote
omg and the Rogues constantly bouncing cards in and out
and warlock's fantastic synergy with murlocs
and priests being able to destroy ANY minion for 3 mana at any time WTF and also mind control
and then a mage double pyroblasted me

nerf everybody, all of the nerfs everywhere for everyone
Edited by Fattimus on 1/4/2014 8:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 06:48 PMPosted by dwitt7
get stomped.

Your deck is bad if you managed to "get stomped" by a paladin deck, you either face a slow healing deck which give you tons of time to do your thing or a rush deck which feels really bad compared to a warlocks.
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 06:48 PMPosted by dwitt7
Let's not forget about the totally balanced healing, lay on hands gives you 8 and an additional 3 card draw, then there's GoK which is good standalone and gets you an additional 6 health. Add in the buffs between Blessing of kings and divine hands, throw in avenging wrath, you have an already amazing defensive deck mixed in with insane offensive.

Yes mages have pyroblast but that's about it since freeze got nerfed, and yeah priests are bad, but we all know that they're widely the most hated class in game and once you get to higher ranks they thin out, which is definitely a sign they're actually MORE op than we think. As for hunters..... what do they have left? Hyena's and the nerfed UtH combo? Honestly I want to know where the hidden hunter threat lies.

As for palidan, in arena they rule, and in ranked once I face one I figure I'm either gonna get a miracle win or get stomped.

Lol. Hunters are terrible and Paladins are overpowered?

http://hearthstats.net/dec

Look at stats before you start !@#$posting and whining. Paladins are only slightly above 50% in Arena for this month and they are below 50% for constructed. While hunters are easily the worst in Arena, they are absurdly good in constructed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]