Suggestion for Rogue Hero Power

So as of right now the Wicked Dagger feels a little underpowered. I have 2 possible suggestions that would, I think, buff it without making it too powerful.

1) Make activating the power trigger combos

or

2) Have it normally create a 1/2 dagger but combo into a 2/2 dagger
Edited by Khorpse on 12/1/2013 11:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Agreed. Here is the scoop.
A priest can heal for 2 ANYWHERE on the board (fix that, too OP)
a warrior can stack 2 armor, even beyond 30 health
a hunter can deal 2 unmitigated damage to a player
a paladin can summon a permanent buffable minion
a shaman can summon a totem with awesome buff abilities
a druid gets the same 1 dmg, but has the added armor that they can stack. Frankly...this is a crap ability too.

Here is the king of crap Blizz design...a rogue...for 2 crystals, you get a 1/2 weapon. If you use it, you get to do 1 dmg for 2 rounds. For 2 crystals, I can summon a permanent 2/2 minion with taunt, and many other combos. A rogue, at sacrifice to themselves, with no damage mitigation, can attack creatures. OR, they can attack the other player for a whopping 1 damage...if they aren't stopped by a minion with "taunt" and are forced to take damage. Blizzard? What were you thinking?
Reply Quote
Khorpse...your solutions are probably THE exact solutions to the Rogue power problem.
Reply Quote
Merge 1) and 2) and implement, Rogue Hero Power is REALLY UNDERWHELMING and not efficient compared to the rest
Reply Quote
this is a real problem especially in late game. when I battle a priest head to head with the same amount of cards in hands, with even the advantage of 10 more hp. I need to draw a miracle to able to win that game. because when I attack he heals it, when I attack his minions I receive damage, when I dont have enough cards I just restock my 1/2 dagger which repeats the cycle and dont get me start with our soulbound cards. sprint7? vanish6(super situational)? then the priest has MC! f*ck!
Reply Quote
You're really on to something here.

If combos could affect the Rogue hero power, that would solve a lot of awkward early game situations for Rogues, specifically when you want to play that SI:7 Agent or Defias Ringleader on turn 4 or 5, but didn't draw any cards low enough cost to combo with it.

Combo the dagger into a 2/2 would be too strong though. I could see it becoming a 2/1 though! That way it's still 2 damage either way.
Reply Quote
Could change the the combo mechanic to read "if you have spent mana this turn" rather than "if you have played a card this turn"
Reply Quote
My second suggestion is the one I'm actually least comfortable with just because 2 damage is a lot for a hero power. The first one just seems like its missing honestly. A lot of combo cards have low mana costs and as the Rogue is built somewhat around them, it would only make sense for the hero power to trigger them. It's hard to always have a low cost card to trigger combos.
Reply Quote
It is still a lot better than the Hunter and Warrior heropower as you can use it for board control. Right now, it isn't so bad if you are running deadly poisons and maybe a blade fury.

12/01/2013 04:18 PMPosted by ipeonyou
this is a real problem especially in late game. when I battle a priest head to head with the same amount of cards in hands, with even the advantage of 10 more hp. I need to draw a miracle to able to win that game. because when I attack he heals it, when I attack his minions I receive damage, when I dont have enough cards I just restock my 1/2 dagger which repeats the cycle and dont get me start with our soulbound cards. sprint7? vanish6(super situational)? then the priest has MC! f*ck!

In Arena priests can get a little out of hand I agree, but in constructed Rogues eat priests for breakfast. Any type of control deck runs Priests into the ground by turn 8-9
Edited by Dom on 12/2/2013 12:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
So as of right now the Wicked Dagger feels a little underpowered. I have 2 possible suggestions that would, I think, buff it without making it too powerful.

1) Make activating the power trigger combos

or

2) Have it normally create a 1/2 dagger but combo into a 2/2 dagger

I really like part 1, but I'm not sure about part 2.

I would like it more if more combo cards are in the works.

12/01/2013 08:53 PMPosted by Rubdown
Could change the the combo mechanic to read "if you have spent mana this turn" rather than "if you have played a card this turn"

The reason this doesn't work is because of the fact that there are ways to cast spells for 0 mana, though you are on to something.

I really enjoy the combo mechanic and the way the rogue plays. If I have to spend 2 mana for 2 damage that is buffable to 6 but also able to be destroyed I would trade it for the ability to use it as a combo generator.

I feel like stealth isn't a large enough part of the rogue class as well.
Reply Quote
Honestly im just fine with the rogue power where its at. Weapon using classes need to be ready to chunk some health and that 1 extra damage lets you ignore smaller inconsequential minions. 2 damage for 2 mana where you need it makes it better than the mage power in my eyes. health is just another resource and you need to be ready to decide when and where to spend it. deadly poison is an option as well but i dont like it in my spellpower rogue deck.. I will admit rogue hero power may not be used nearly as often as others but for me it is hands down my 2nd favorite next to the shaman.
Edited by BMtheDM on 12/3/2013 1:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Haven't read thread but Rogue was the 2nd most used class in 2p tournament and has been dominating MLG tournaments for the past few weeks along with mage/lock. The hero power is actually quite strong.

2 mana and you can deal 1 damage over 2 turns, druid would have to use 4 mana and the armor is rather irrelevant because of how much more important mana is compared to hero health. It's one of the strongest if not the strongest hero power (arguable that mage is better since it bypasses taunt) as far as board control goes. As a general rule hero health is such a low priority compared to board control.

The fact that it's a weapon is both positive and negative, the positive being that it works with deadly poison (and even blade flurry), which judging by current decks I think justifies the negatives. The negatives are of course that it will be removed by equipping another weapon and you can't use it while you have a weapon equipped (Also minor argument for ooze/harrison jones?)

The combo idea for the hero power is nice at first glance (synergy with the rogue class mechanics). But it's way too strong, it would be without a doubt the strongest hero power and at a strength level similar to shadowform.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]