Make Mind Control silenceable

Seriously put a buff on the creature that says mind controlled and make it silenceable. Thoughts?
Reply Quote
That wont fix the broken nature of MC completely. See all that does is encourage people to only save their silence for MC and nothing else (like that cheap buff combo priests have). Completely removing MC is probably the best option since in its current state it's just broken. Personally I think MC should give the controlled creature a debuff where all it's stats are 50% considering that MC is pretty much a two for one - best remove in game and you gain a creature.
Edited by Nightsbane on 12/1/2013 3:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
This is probably a step in the right direction, but silence is already really strong against priests.
Reply Quote
I strongly approve this. Also, seems sheep and hex must be silenceable too. Also Shadow world: death must cost more (5) or have some sort of penalty.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
12/01/2013 10:57 AMPosted by wishr
I strongly approve this. Also, seems sheep and hex must be silenceable too. Also Shadow world: death must cost more (5) or have some sort of penalty.

This is arguably one of the dumbest posts I've seen in a while.

Assassinate costs 5 to kill ANY minion; why would it make ANY sense whatsoever to make SWD cost 5 to kill minions that have 5 attack or more and then have a penalty ontop of it?

How are you going to silence sheep and hex? They're transformations. Once the card changes into a Frog, it's no longer the old card anymore, it IS the frog. This isn't like other card games where Something like Hex is still the old card with an enchantment on it. Highlight the Frog; do you see a "It's a Frog!" buff on it? No. Beyond that, how would that even work? What if the minion had damage on it? Does it come back damaged? What if you have a minion damaged to 1 health, turned into a Frog, the Frog is buffed, then you silence it? None of that makes any sense.

Similarly, there are no stealing mechanics in the game that place a buff on the target, so how would you silence it? A "stolen" minion, once again, isn't an enemy minion with a debuff on it; it actually becomes your minion in the sense that it's as if you played it. You can bounce it back to your hand and do whatever you could with a normal minion. This is a completely different stealing mechanic then in other games, where the stealing mechanic is an enchantment on the target, and thus, silencing it would make sense. Which, I'll add, such mechanics are played that way in MTG largely to prevent theft of cards (not theft in the game, but as in, hey, I returned the minion to my hand then walked away with it).

Do you people even think for 2 seconds about how the game works before posting these stupid comments? Or do you let your blind, ignorant rage of certain cards just go "yeah, nerf it into the ground!" Once again, look at your inane SWD comments: as expensive as Assassinate AND put restrictions on it Assassinate doesn't have AND give it a penalty Assassinate doesn't have. Yeah, that's completely balanced.

If you've ever wondered why Blizzard doesn't blindly listen to the idiotic comments of 90% of the people on the forums, you've just answered your own question.
Edited by Sar on 12/1/2013 11:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
That was just my thouts and i wanted to share them with blizz, not with you, angry prist player.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
12/01/2013 11:31 AMPosted by wishr
That was just my thouts and i wanted to share them with blizz, not with you, angry prist player.

And I'm demonstrating why your thoughts are stupid and a waste of Blizzard's time, angry Priest opponent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]