Young Dragonhawk

Seems to be the #1 killer in Unleash the most absurd UtH combos. Maybe a good simple fix is to remove the beast descriptor from the Dragonhawk so you dont get a charging 6/1 double-striker that knocks out half the opponents health pool for one mana?
Edited by Thanatosia on 11/26/2013 6:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nice idea, would leave the other uses of UtH and even the current version of UtH in tact, it would just lower the single turn output of the combo. I know I have read ( typed ) this somewhere before........

Further ahead the existence of the card UtH will continue to hinder any minion with the beast type though. Then again all minions with a minion type have to balanced in this respect.
Reply Quote
11/26/2013 06:10 PMPosted by Thanatosia
Seems to be the #1 killer in Unleash the most absurd UtH combos. Maybe a good simple fix is to remove the beast descriptor from the Dragonhawk so you dont get a charging 6/1 double-striker that knocks out half the opponents health pool for one mana?

Was going to rip you to pieces till I read your post. young dragonhawks have been responsible for 90% of my UTH wins.
Reply Quote
nah, it's all skill. no board presence to 25 damage in one round is all tactics. C'mon. You know it's true. Right? Am I right? All skill.
Reply Quote
12/01/2013 07:08 PMPosted by Morpheus
nah, it's all skill. no board presence to 25 damage in one round is all tactics. C'mon. You know it's true. Right? Am I right? All skill.

PEBKAC.
Reply Quote
Needs to be hotfixed
Reply Quote
A 1 health card is pretty vulnerable. I get really annoyed with UtH though, I think it allows for lazy play and I don't use it. I would rather see something done to UtH than that poor dragonhawk. It's not its fault!
Reply Quote
12/03/2013 07:20 AMPosted by dinska
A 1 health card is pretty vulnerable. I get really annoyed with UtH though, I think it allows for lazy play and I don't use it. I would rather see something done to UtH than that poor dragonhawk. It's not its fault!

did you even read the first post?
Reply Quote
12/03/2013 07:45 PMPosted by TotalPutts

did you even read the first post?

Don't know about him, but I did, and I disagree with it as vehemently as I did the first time I read it. The problem card is Unleash the Hounds. Fix it, and the Young Dragonhawk is just a beast with a nice perk. With 1 health, it's only a serious threat if it is buffed *AND* given Charge.

If Windfury is too potent an ability to go on a 1 cost minion - which I question since we already have Divine Shield and Charge also available at that cost point, one of them on a beast, and both of which are contenders for the most powerful perks a minion can have along with Windfury - then remove Windfury and give the Young Dragonhawk something else. Dragonhawks are beasts, stripping the tag because a Hunter might use the card is just as dumb an idea as it was a week or two ago when I first read the suggestion.

You're not going to save Unleash the Hounds. It is obviously undercosted for what it does. It will be nerfed. No matter how much you try to shove the Young Dragonhawk out as a scapegoat, nobody is going to buy it who is not already personally invested in keeping Unleash the Hounds in its current state. All you'll do is, if you're unlucky, get UTH *AND* Young Dragonhawk nerfed. Thanks for that.
Reply Quote
Don't know about him, but I did, and I disagree with it as vehemently as I did the first time I read it. The problem card is Unleash the Hounds. Fix it, and the Young Dragonhawk is just a beast with a nice perk. With 1 health, it's only a serious threat if it is buffed *AND* given Charge.

Personally I like the dragonhawk alot, the problem is the combination of charge + windfury+ buffs. one health is irrelevant because of this. Removing the beast tag in no way nerfs the dragonhawk. It simply removes the creature from any beast synergy. By itself the card is jsut as potent.

If Windfury is too potent an ability to go on a 1 cost minion - which I question since we already have Divine Shield and Charge also available at that cost point, one of them on a beast, and both of which are contenders for the most powerful perks a minion can have along with Windfury - then remove Windfury and give the Young Dragonhawk something else. Dragonhawks are beasts, stripping the tag because a Hunter might use the card is just as dumb an idea as it was a week or two ago when I first read the suggestion.

So the dragonhawk is comparable to other 1 drops, but your so hard on it being a beast you rather see it completely changed? Maybe the suggestion should add they change the name of the card to young dragonling when they remove the beast tag so you can get over the "but dragonhawks ARE beasts!" issue.

You're not going to save Unleash the Hounds. It is obviously undercosted for what it does. It will be nerfed. No matter how much you try to shove the Young Dragonhawk out as a scapegoat, nobody is going to buy it who is not already personally invested in keeping Unleash the Hounds in its current state. All you'll do is, if you're unlucky, get UTH *AND* Young Dragonhawk nerfed. Thanks for that.

I am not trying to save UtH, I am simply pointing out that most of the power in the card is the combination of charge ( UtH ) + cheap windfury that gets buffed to easily at the same time. if they leave the dragonhawk alone, increasing the mana cost of UtH does little going forward but delay the combo one or two turns. This will make even less difference as more cards come out expanding all classes "control" cards.

maybe you should reread the second post as to how simply removing the beast tag seems overall a better change for hunters.

Bloodlust: 5 mana to get +3 atk to all minions
Savage roar: 3 mana to get +2 atk to all characters
Unleash : 1 mana to get +1 atk to all characters

If I were to "fix" the supposed problem by only changing UtH then would say simply remove charge and beast tag from the card as above
Edited by TotalPutts on 12/5/2013 8:38 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]