Priest deck terribly overpowered

..And it's breaking the game. At least temp ban priest decks from entering casual play, they need their own play mode, god-tier. Please address. Thanks.
Reply Quote
Probably both.
Reply Quote
^^ Both of these guys play priest.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 03:11 AMPosted by X3S

Try playing a bit of priest yourself, and maybe you'll see how "OP" it is. Priest isn't a better class, it's just different. It's the aspect of imperfect balance, where differences balance each other out. For example, have you ever seen a Priest aggro deck? It's possible, but it's a lot easier with other classes. Wrap your head around the fact that Priest plays differently than other classes, and you'll see how underpowered it really is.
Reply Quote
I love playing priests, its amazing how many people don't even have the slightest silence in their deck, iam not surprised they lose if they don't bring anything to deny buffs/effects.
Reply Quote
i absolutely agree with you. priest is so overpowered to the point of stupid.

people mostly think mage has the most removal, let do a comparison

mage has: frost bolt, polymorph, fire ball and flame strike
priest has: sw pain, sw death, holy nova and mind control, soul priestess

a priest actually has more removal than a mage, this is ridiculous, assuming 2 players of equal skill, as long as priest can get past turn 6, its a garenteed win for the priest, mind control just wins the game every time, lets be honest here how often do you run an aggro deck and how often do you successfully kill a priest before turn 6.

this is even more absurd for new players, i just started playing 2 days ago, i am using all the basic cards. there is no way you can beat a priest with any other class' basic deck. there is no way you can win with aggro, basic rogue dont even have eviscerate. and you can not out last a priest, because as soon as he pulls out mind controll its gg for you.

i had a 10 win streak earlier, and then run into 3 priests.........obviously 3 losses!!!
blizzard, i am a new player and i like hearthstone a lot. i can not say for the high levels, but as for new players, priest is ABSURD.
Reply Quote
and why is mind control a basic card? this is so stupid.....

why is silence minion NOT a basic card?
Edited by FrutSandwich on 12/23/2013 6:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
Priests are so OP.
Just lost against one (again).

They nerf Unleash The Hounds so Hunters can't have a 1 turn kill, but I just got killed by a 36/36 taunt in ONE turn...

Northshire Cleric: 1 mana, too cheap
Power Word Shield: 1 mana, give minion +2 hp AND draw a card (seriously ?)
Shadow Word Pain: 2 mana, too cheap for what it does (no point having taunt or minions on the field)
Shadow Word Death: 3 mana, too cheap for what it does (no point having taunt or minions on the field)
Divine Spirit: 2 mana, double a minion's health (I don't have insta kill, so how can I kill it ? Only silence works because they *bleeping* heal the minion.)
Then they throw some Inner Fire on it (1 mana: again, too cheap). If they cast it on a taunt, GG ragequit.

They also have heal, wich they can cast on minions or themself.
Should be changed so they can't heal minions, imo (A hunter can't hit minions with his hero power).

Also, because they have heal, they will survive fatigue alot better than they should.

I have gotten slightly better at playing against them (Also because I have a couple of 4 attack minions in my deck), but they have so much heal/damage and control.
Reply Quote
Digital, what rank are you currently?
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 03:52 AMPosted by Adragondil

Try playing a bit of priest yourself, and maybe you'll see how "OP" it is. Priest isn't a better class, it's just different. It's the aspect of imperfect balance, where differences balance each other out. For example, have you ever seen a Priest aggro deck? It's possible, but it's a lot easier with other classes. Wrap your head around the fact that Priest plays differently than other classes, and you'll see how underpowered it really is.
Translation: I'm bad and think my lack of ability to play but still win barely >50% is because I'm good.

Most priests cards alone aren't OP, it's the fact that there's WAY too many low resource options to control the game while still maintaining very low RNG options to have a strong board.
Reply Quote
I haven't been playing for that long(2 weeks), and I'm only rank 15. But there are some serious issues with planning against a priest deck at the moment.
With my druid deck I pretty much can't include Ironbark Protector. Any taunts with 3 health also become seriously cost-inefficient. You pretty much have to plan for a rush deck and hope for the best, which I don't like. The problem is those cards are your bread and butter against other classes.

Maybe if I had more expert cards it would be a little less one-sided, but reality is priest decks are extremely strong against anything but a rush deck. And even against something like a murlock deck I don't think priests are terribly disadvantaged.
Mana cost for the removal cards need to be revised imo. The fact that in one turn a priest can kill my Ironbark AND summon a temple enforcer is ridiculous. Oh and also priests can never be card starved.
Edited by DrDima on 12/23/2013 9:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 09:16 AMPosted by DrDima
I haven't been playing for that long(2 weeks), and I'm only rank 15. But there are some serious issues with planning against a priest deck at the moment.
With my druid deck I pretty much can't include Ironbark Protector. Any taunts with 3 health also become seriously cost-inefficient. You pretty much have to plan for a rush deck and hope for the best, which I don't like. The problem is those cards are your bread and butter against other classes.

Maybe if I had more expert cards it would be a little less one-sided, but reality is priest decks are extremely strong against anything but a rush deck. And even against something like a murlock deck I don't think priests are terribly disadvantaged.
Mana cost for the removal cards need to be revised imo. The fact that in one turn a priest can kill my Ironbark AND summon a temple enforcer is ridiculous. Oh and also priests can never be card starved.
your playing a late game druid deck against a class that destroys late game players. its not that you cant include ironbark, but don't rely on him as your only way to beat the priest. mind control isn't that bad if you know how to deal with it,
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 01:07 PMPosted by Mercy
your playing a late game druid deck against a class that destroys late game players. its not that you cant include ironbark, but don't rely on him as your only way to beat the priest. mind control isn't that bad if you know how to deal with it,

Then the problem becomes that you can't play a late game druid at all in ranked, which is another problem. Maybe it gets better after I get some more expert cards.
I just got a golden legendary in my arena booster so that might help.
Reply Quote
Priests are the only class that don't have a counter.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 01:16 PMPosted by DrDima

Then the problem becomes that you can't play a late game druid at all in ranked, which is another problem. Maybe it gets better after I get some more expert cards.
I just got a golden legendary in my arena booster so that might help.

That is called a counter my friend. Priests cant beat aggro, aggro has trouble with midrange, midrange loses to late game control. Priests aren't op they just counter your deck. Rely on less gigantic end game cards and use some amazing midgame cards. Yeti in particular can only be removed by 2 priest cards (mind control/holy fire) dark iron dwarf will buff your minions and is 4 attack. Sunwalkers an amazing taunter.

My point is you have to have a decent mix of counters to whatever your fighting in ranked. Once you start seeing less priests and more mages add the big dudes and heals in. If you see more aggro add big taunters in. You will never be able to counter everything at once but the key to getting in a high rank is to adapt to what others are doing around you.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 01:17 PMPosted by Nitey
Priests are the only class that don't have a counter.

Wrong, very aggressive decks or really good midrange control decks ruin my day. Then again I play a very mid-endgame priest deck.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 01:28 PMPosted by Mercy

That is called a counter my friend. Priests cant beat aggro, aggro has trouble with midrange, midrange loses to late game control. Priests aren't op they just counter your deck. Rely on less gigantic end game cards and use some amazing midgame cards. Yeti in particular can only be removed by 2 priest cards (mind control/holy fire) dark iron dwarf will buff your minions and is 4 attack. Sunwalkers an amazing taunter.

My point is you have to have a decent mix of counters to whatever your fighting in ranked. Once you start seeing less priests and more mages add the big dudes and heals in. If you see more aggro add big taunters in. You will never be able to counter everything at once but the key to getting in a high rank is to adapt to what others are doing around you.

Guess that makes sense. Thanks, I'll just keep working on it. Seems a lot of my losses might just've been variance.
Edited by DrDima on 12/23/2013 1:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
Best of luck to you. you might be the next champ in the making. :D
Reply Quote
You guys are so brain dead, im rank 10 with priest and get my !@# kicked many times, I have an all around deck to play agaisnt all class.

Yes priest spell card are good, but the way you guys are talking is like we have all of them in the deck with 5 minion, get real.

As a priest user I feel like mind control 8 cost to 10 $%^-s me a lot of times when people shoots out a legendary a.k.a ragnaros on 8th turn and I can't do anything if I don't have a sw:death...

From my point of view as a priest;

- Hunter are rarely played
- Paladin #1 class ( equality + pyromancer = retarded )
- Mage nerf hit them hard, rarely see them that often now
- Rogue seems fine to me
- Druid seems fine to me
- Warrior seems fine to me
- Shaman seems fine to me
- Warlock have some OP combo with legendary *Sylvanas/Malygos
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]