Priests need major nerfs.

I am so frustrated right now with the priest class. and NO i don't want to play one because they are cheap and easy mode, i pity the people who play this class.

Wtf am i meant to do about a 1-36 Taunt mob as a Paladin? the ONLY cards that can deal with that is Equality and thats IF i run it in my deck and silence, but why do i HAVETO work around the priest deck only with my deck?. Wtf am i meant to do? i had board control all game through skillful play and card trading and the priest was down to 5 health. Then the priest drops the 1-7 taunt and begins buffing it with power word shield and Divine spirits until its a 1-36 which i had NO answers to. on top of that whatever minions i did play late game he took from me with 2 MC's in a row and just continued laughing as i could do NOTHING about the massive taunt on the feild.

Combine that with Northshire clerics and those absurd shadow removal cards and it makes the class as a whole super OP and cheese. I seriously have no respect for anyone who plays a priest.

I feel like i have to build my deck to specifically counter priests by putting in 4 attack minions and Silences and Equality. JUST for priests, no other class has this power over people, its stupid.
Edited by SaVaGeOnE on 12/3/2013 2:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
So, you felt the need to start a new thread about this... why?
Reply Quote
I play priest but I do not rely on this strategy to win my games.

You cried for MC nerf at 10 mana. I will start using divine spirit in my priest deck when MC is nerfed at 10 mana.

Do you respect me more now?
Reply Quote
Ironbeak Owl
Reply Quote
12/03/2013 02:04 AMPosted by Rulezfin
Do you respect me more now?

I doubt he will.

I am pretty sure his parents always let him win when they played board games as a child.
Reply Quote
nothing any of you said relates to my post.

WHY does every other class have to build a deck JUST to counter priests???

That in itself screams NERF MORE
Reply Quote
nothing any of you said relates to my post.

WHY does every other class have to build a deck JUST to counter priests???

That in itself screams NERF MORE

The only thing screaming is you.

And no one has to build a deck to counter priests. They wouldn't be the second lowest win rate of all the classes if that were true.
Reply Quote
Also, just predicting your response:

"RRR, but I can't beat peirsts and that means they're OP!!!! RAGE!"
Reply Quote
yep Priest is stupid and anoying.. i dont wanna play that class either but whats the alternative? get destroyed by them in Ranked.. cba.. so im playing it sometimes.. but my main is Druid
Reply Quote

Priest made a 1-36 taunt and as a Paladin you dont have a lot to deal with it... how would you like it?
Reply Quote
but why do i HAVETO work around the priest deck only with my deck?

Because it's the natural of card game.
Reply Quote

Priest made a 1-36 taunt and as a Paladin you dont have a lot to deal with it... how would you like it?

I'm not dumb enough to not run Equality, since Paladin has no non conditional removal.

editd: Or silences, for that matter. One Ironbeak Owl and that problem would have been solved. The OP's real problem is that he freaking awful at this simple, simple internet card game, not that Priests are overpowered.

Ironbeak Owl is a common. There is no excuse.
Edited by Zelethul on 12/3/2013 2:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
with the uber cards priests have i find it hard to beleive that they are second last in constructed, who else can make a 40/40 minion, steal your cards, copy your cards, LOW cost insta kill cards, mass card draw from heals, Trade minions better WITH heals afterward, AoE that does dmg AND heals your minions, AoE silence.

Please....
Edited by SaVaGeOnE on 12/3/2013 2:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/03/2013 02:16 AMPosted by SaVaGeOnE
with the uber cards priests have i find it hard to beleive that they are second last in constructed

That's what Blizzard says.

who else can make a 40/40 minion, steal your cards, copy your cards, LOW cost insta kill cards, mass card draw from heals, Trade minions better WITH heals afterward.Please....

Yes, Please. Please craft 2 Ironbeak Owl.
Reply Quote
Personally I find hunters harder to deal with. Those warlock aggro decks are pretty nasty too.

Play a priest for a while and you will learn their strengths and weaknesses.

(My main class is rogue.)
Reply Quote
Silence cards are useful against everyone, and 4-cost (where most 4 damage cards lie) cards are better for playing around multiple removals/"mid"-game i.e. doesn't hurt as much when a yeti gets polymorphed, with added benefit that the poly might not even be used before it's too late, if the other guy is keeping it for a big drop.
It's not really JUST building against priests, a good deck in general can win you any game (and you can lose with a bad draw, or vs a perfect draw too. It's a casual game, deal with it and re-queue).
Reply Quote
This is why Priests are so op they win everything.

Oh wait, that would be Mages, Warlocks and Rogues...

http://2p.com/feature/hstournament/

Just look at the classes people played in that event. Yes, there was a priest here and there, but almost everyone was playing Mage, Warlock, Rogue, and Paladin. Those are the actual powerhouse classes in this game. Priest is not. Priest needs buffs not nerfs.
Edited by Ghost on 12/3/2013 2:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
im not bad at this game. i just dont want to haveto run Silence in every deck ffs.. the game is boring enough as it is without having to run the SAME 5-10 cards in every !@#$ing deck!!!

ffs!
Reply Quote
12/03/2013 02:52 AMPosted by SaVaGeOnE
i just dont want to haveto run Silence in every deck ffs

That means you're bad.

the game is boring enough as it is without having to run the SAME 5-10 cards in every !@#$ing deck!!!

Refusal to use good cards just because everyone else does is stupid.

im not bad at this game.

The evidence suggests otherwise.
Reply Quote
I am so frustrated right now with the priest class. and NO i don't want to play one because they are cheap and easy mode, i pity the people who play this class.

Wtf am i meant to do about a 1-36 Taunt mob as a Paladin? the ONLY cards that can deal with that is Equality and thats IF i run it in my deck and silence, but why do i HAVETO work around the priest deck only with my deck?. Wtf am i meant to do? i had board control all game through skillful play and card trading and the priest was down to 5 health. Then the priest drops the 1-7 taunt and begins buffing it with power word shield and Divine spirits until its a 1-36 which i had NO answers to. on top of that whatever minions i did play late game he took from me with 2 MC's in a row and just continued laughing as i could do NOTHING about the massive taunt on the feild.

Combine that with Northshire clerics and those absurd shadow removal cards and it makes the class as a whole super OP and cheese. I seriously have no respect for anyone who plays a priest.

I feel like i have to build my deck to specifically counter priests by putting in 4 attack minions and Silences and Equality. JUST for priests, no other class has this power over people, its stupid.

go equality +consecration its a full board wipe
Put some silence minions ???

From what I did read you want to win most of the time with any cards you pick.
I don't think this is how many card game works, you try to focus on a specific type of deck but every deck needs to have at least 1 silence or a other way to remove a minion.

All I see from you is you pick !@#$ty cards without any synergy and you expect to win most of the time.

Also btw Paladins are actually dam good in the current meta game, check the statistics and you will see.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]