Upcoming nerfs and how they affect Warlocks

For those who haven't seen it yet:
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10786719252

What affects us more than likely are these changes:
Shattered Sun Cleric is now a 3/2 (was a 3/3)
Argent Commander is now a 4/2 (was a 4/3)
Flame Imp’s Battlecry now deals 3 damage (up from 2)

Shattered Sun Cleric is now a 3/2 (was a 3/3)
Shattered Sun Cleric is now easier to kill, and won't be able to trade so much 1vs2, but at the same time we mostly used it for the buff anyway, right? So, a bit of a disappointment, but nothing too harsh.
She'll most likely won't stay around for 2 rounds from now on.

Argent Commander is now a 4/2 (was a 4/3)
Remains as a 1vs2 trade, but can be killed by something cheaper now more easily.
I usually used him as a finisher anyway, so not that much of a problem, I think.
Still, what would be alternatives?
I switched from Doomguard to this guy, because it only had 1 less damage, while not discarding two random cards at the same time. Just seemed a sensible change.

Flame Imp’s Battlecry now deals 3 damage (up from 2)
While it's just 1 extra damage we take, it makes it even more important that Flame Imp stays around for a turn or two, so we can recoup the loss by damaging the enemy champ.
This means we'll have to protect him ever more.
Going second may have just become a lot more important, because if we play him round 1, we can Demonfire him in round 2 and pull a voidwalker (after coin) to protect him.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
I don't think anything will change. Our decks got a little bit weaker but it's mostly against Mages (we were losing to them anyway).

Argent Commander doesn't matter at all, it's our finisher or tempo card.

SSC, yeah, now it dies to consecerate or blizzard without blood imp but it's still not that bad overall.

Flame Imp... I don't care about this change, IMO it will affect arena decks not constructed.
Reply Quote
SSC change will help more than hurt I think. It now dies to a Demonfire or to an Argent Squire + Mortal Coil, or to a Leper Gnome. Much easier to be rid of it now and keep it from killing important low cards like Knife Jugglers or Young Priestesses.

Flame Imp...if we cared about how much health we were losing we wouldn't be playing Warlocks. I don't think the extra 2 health lost is going to make that big a difference, but hopefully it will keep us under the nerf radar a bit, since people are much less likely to complain about a class that beats them without much health left.
Reply Quote
It made me smile a bit :). Hope they do something about the blood imp(raise it's mana cost, perhaps?) and dark iron dwarf as well.

And by the way, even if they nerfed argent commander to 4/1 it would still be a very strong card.
Edited by Nezia on 12/10/2013 5:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
Why would they nerf Blood Imp?
Reply Quote
Cause it puts most of your cards out of the range of removals and costs almost nothing.
Reply Quote
My thoughts on...

AC Nerf: Precisely what I've been thinking they should do with it, and a reasonable nerf overall that still leaves it as a high impact card, particularly for Warlock Aggro which often uses it as a finisher, or Warlock control with will generally force a charge or spell to be used to finish it anyway.

SSC Nerf: Not what I expected (thought 2/3). Not sure how I feel about it yet. It's more vulnerable to AoE, and Blood Imp no longer pushes it out of your own Hellfire range either (for those times that can matter). On the other hand it's Battlecry already helps mitigate AoE to begin with, so I dunno. Will need to play with it.

Flaming Imp Nerf: Don't really think it needs the nerf, so was surprised to see it. On the other hand I can get cheap Molten Giants faster? *shrug* It's 1-2 more self-damage, which is one less Lifetap. That can certainly make a difference but I don't think it'll be significant in most situations. It's hard to say though.
Reply Quote
12/10/2013 08:01 AMPosted by Nezia
Cause it puts most of your cards out of the range of removals and costs almost nothing.

And it has 1 hp, single aoe and bb
Reply Quote
I think was a mistake, because was to hard for me use a deck with 2 Flaming Imp, and that nerf sounds like a buff to the others more than samething bad to us.

And nothing about priests... i was farming a Priest deck, now i'll play for win, i don't like priest deck, it's like a crybaby class (more than rougues), but nvm, i wanna win so, bye bye warlocks. That change has nothing about the flaming imp (at all), but i'm tired to lose for "ready decks" of "pop classes".

At last
"We're listening to you"
Abbout what blizzards ?
abbout what ?...
Reply Quote
Mind Control was also nerfed, if that's what you're worried about. UTH was reworked, and Buzzard nerfed on the Hunter end as well. This post only focused on changes that impacted Warlock directly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]