Sword of justice needs adjustments

Currently 2 of these cards with next to no mana cost every single creature summoned +1 +1...way too powerful.

Everyone knows this cards needs the nerf bat adjust it already and move on k thx.

The mana cost needs to go WAY up...or amount of summons way down...having to stack 2 ooze in your deck and PRAY you get one at that exact moment to counter one is rediculous. Not to mention even if you remove thme good chance you are eating 2 sword of justice to boot. That combined with rediculous draw card mechanic that they need none in thier deck due to one card.

Sword of Justice

(other cards that are rediculous)

Mind Control...
Unleash the Hounds
Warlock Card draw Mechanic + lord jaxx

to name a few.

Its pretty easy to see why warlock and pally > all

Fast easy summon with low cost + best card draw. With little to no effort.

Fighting people who makes TERRIBLE terrible trades and still lose sometimes just because these cards are horribly unblanced.

These things thats are really blatant should really be hotfixed
Edited by Elminster on 12/4/2013 6:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
You must be mage
Reply Quote
Jaraxxus is bad... Sword of Justice is quite good but L2OOZE
Reply Quote
It is strong but I'm not convinced that it needs nerfing yet - it is tough for Paladin to keep up with aggro if they DON'T draw this card currently so it feels like maybe it's in the right spot.

Also I opened a golden one so no touchie :) (going to craft another one for the set at some point... :D)
Reply Quote
12/04/2013 07:46 AMPosted by Serefina
You must be mage

I don't play a specific class. This is not WOW. This is a card game I have no loyalty towards classes here. Not like its an mmo or something. I just think broken things that are known to be broken should not have to wait 9 months for a fix like wow was....

Problem is the truth lies in gaming companies like to make flavor of the month. Because it is in hopes to keep people interested in rerolling the new flavor of the month. (hence keep people paying..) which is fine...

I would just rather pay for a balanced game...

I guess my beliefs are contrary to that marketing strategy , I would rather have balance. (else why play a CARD game)

again this is not an mmo or wow

but I guess we lose again to this stupid mentality of the mighty dollar (or whatever currency takes over)....but we will leave that part to another discussion not suitable for here.
Edited by Elminster on 12/4/2013 11:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
Seems like everyone these days is an armchair CEO.
Edited by Bryker on 12/4/2013 11:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
Haha, you need to go talked with the Druid players! Isn't there a card that that gives ALL your minions 1/1? On top of that, there's one that gives 2/2 for one turn. I haven't complained about them yet. Really, you just need to have enough smaller creature cards in your deck to be able to trade well early on before the enemy can get too many monsters out. Board control will usually win you games. Try focusing on that when constructing your next deck. Hope that helps.
Reply Quote
12/04/2013 08:33 PMPosted by SpartanMGD
Haha, you need to go talked with the Druid players! Isn't there a card that that gives ALL your minions 1/1? On top of that, there's one that gives 2/2 for one turn. I haven't complained about them yet. Really, you just need to have enough smaller creature cards in your deck to be able to trade well early on before the enemy can get too many monsters out. Board control will usually win you games. Try focusing on that when constructing your next deck. Hope that helps.

Ummm....

Those cards do this ONE time for a cost of ( X )

The differnce with the paladin card is it costs 3 mana and does it 5 times for a cost of ( X )

Mana wise that's like a 15 mana card for (3) cost

Before telling me about card construction try to learn counting past how many toes you have. That is the worst argument I have ever heard.

Everyone in these forums just dropped 10 points of IQ from reading it.
Edited by Elminster on 12/5/2013 12:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
early game yes sword of justice can be slightly overwhelming but there is a trade off. If they are playing it turn three you have a free turn to place an answer down. If your answer is big enough they will either place a minion to get buffed or waste mana getting yours gone. Imp master mitigates this to a point but SoJ is FAR from overpowered.

As for your other cards mentioned? Mind control i could care less about. half the time they wont keep the card for more than a turn and they wasted a turn taking it. UtH can be frustrating to watch them sit on an empty board while they clear yours waiting for the right cards but they have to get REALLY lucky to have enough removal to keep you down AND get the combo off. And jaraxus? really? LOL. if jaraxus wins them the game then you werent playing well to begin with
Reply Quote
12/04/2013 06:00 AMPosted by Elminster
rediculous

It's ridiculous actually. I'm not trying to be a !!%###!!, but I saw you spelled it like that twice.
Reply Quote
Sword of Justice is powerful but it's fine in the grand scheme of things.

Very necessary for success in most Paladin decks.
Reply Quote
I generally haven't had trouble with SoJ but I played against a guy with SoJ + southsea Deckhand + argent protector. It was a little bit too boss.
Reply Quote
Ooze or loose.
Reply Quote
The problem is that the crafting system makes us blind to how rare a card is. The sword is after all epic and having two of them is highly unlikely unless you can craft exactly what you need. It's powerful but if this were only F2P I'd be surprised to see two in a deck. It's just far to easy to get what you want out of this game.
Reply Quote
SoJ does not need a nerf. You need to play the game more and unlock more cards. Stop whining about people having better cards than you and ALWAYS run an ooze. GAWH! If anything you should have to be Master 3 to make comments on any cards that might be over powered. That is when you see only Meta decks. So QQ and go unlock more cards.
Reply Quote
5 1/1 buffs for 3 mana which if I remember correctly has only 5 (2 of which you will never use) direct counters in the entire game, all 5 of which are minions and 1 a legendary (2 practical counters in other words unless ive forgotten/missed something).

It will be changed at some point.
Edited by Mesker on 12/9/2013 9:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
ooze
Reply Quote
i agree balance is good but look at the deck you are talking about paladin has no reliable draw power engine. you can get loot hoarders and engineers for paladin which personally i think is not viable to run 2 and 2 you pretty much have to choose, but those are things all deck can get. The deck makes up for this by needing to build with all cards that serve a purpose every time you draw. which is why SOJ is so good. low cost and lets you keep up with a deck that can cycle through there cards easily and get what they need on the field fast.

mages - arcane power 3 cost (2 cards azure drake plays very will in that deck as well deck stalls well also to allow for a lot of time to free draw unpressed)

hunters- buzzard abuse and tacking (understandable cost to tracking though)

warriors-commanding shout/shield block/ battle rage/slam

rogue- shiv/fan of knives (low cost great effects)

Druid- Wrath/starfire (good damage)

Shaman- Far sight decent card but for the most part in the same boat as the paladin everything need to count.

Warlock- Mortal Coil and hero power (at will draw power)

priest- have cleric/ power word shield and can benefit a lot from the things like azure drake acolyte of pain abuse and so on

Paladin- Divine Favor/ Lay on hands (lay on hands as i said 8 cost nothing to help you early very dead draw at start. Divine Favor useless and unreliable for the most part)

now aside from the shaman all the other decks are in a good spot when it comes to draw power engines.
Edited by Gpz on 12/9/2013 9:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
i agree balance is good but look at the deck you are talking about paladin has no reliable draw power engine. .

Divine favor

What are you talking about.

They have one of the best draw mechanics in game. In fact they do not even need to run any creatures with draw.

Aside from warlock...

Divine favor at 3 cost is one of the most powerful cards in game. A paladin with 2 of these combined with thier hero power of summoning 1/1 creatures needs no card draw. Dont know what you are talking about. Most Classes need 3-5 cards to accomplish this and on creatures to boot. Again aside from warlock.

If you need for some reason even more lol hammer of wrath and lay on hands.

jeesh like they use to say in wow uninformed people on wrong class defending it...you need to reroll.

Paladin is currently the best class in this game hands down. Believe it.
Edited by Elminster on 12/13/2013 6:41 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]