Sword of justice needs adjustments

12/04/2013 06:00 AMPosted by Elminster
(other cards that are rediculous)

Mind Control...
Unleash the Hounds
Warlock Card draw Mechanic + lord jaxx

to name a few.

Priest, Hunter, Warlock... In other words, most (if not all) classes have powerful mechanics for instant removal and/or powerful buffs?

Sounds to me like you just want to remove the powerful abilities of every class you don't play.
Reply Quote
12/04/2013 11:27 AMPosted by JakeAlmighty
It is strong but I'm not convinced that it needs nerfing yet - it is tough for Paladin to keep up with aggro if they DON'T draw this card currently so it feels like maybe it's in the right spot.

Also I opened a golden one so no touchie :) (going to craft another one for the set at some point... :D)

I wish Blizzard nerfed my golden epics. So much dust!
Reply Quote
Elmister, really it seems that you don't play Pally at all, you just used to be abused by them.
Reply Quote
SoJ is good but im not sure if its OP. You spend a turn doing nothing but equiping a weapon, assuming you use soj early which is the whole point the card.

You basicly skip one turn which could be very crucial. The benefit of the sword must be good enough to take that risk. And as everyone else mentioned there is ooze. Yes ooze destroys all weapons but its especially effective against SoJ. You dont keep other weapons equipped for 5 turn.
Reply Quote
Never played Paladin as a main. Sword is a great card. Messes with math, puts on pressure, great fun to play against. Balanced and tough. A lot to like. Could name ten cards I'd look at for tweaking before this came up. Does exactly what a Pal needs it to do to stay competitive in mid game. Wish there were more like it.
Edited by manvan on 12/15/2013 6:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
Best draw mechanics in the game? Wut?

I don't know how anyone can take these forums seriously.
Reply Quote
12/04/2013 07:46 AMPosted by Serefina
You must be mage

This.
Reply Quote
Pal rank 4 here. I dont use SoJ because it slow down your play, and i need my weapon slot free to play my Truesilver Champion.

Playing a SoJ turn 3 and being Oozed = game over.
Playing it in lategame is useless most of the time.

Not OP at all
Reply Quote
Sword of Justice and Lay on Hands are Epic Cards!! They SHOULD BE AMAZING.
Reply Quote
Thats why you keep 1x Oooze in your Deck at all time when you face a Pally or Rogue..
Reply Quote
I'm not gonna act like SOJ isn't a very nice piece of versatile buffery, but I've never singlehandedly swung a game with it. I've changed far more game states with a well placed Flesheating Ghoul or Cult Master out of Pally cause of them spuds.

Especially with Redemption shenanigans.
Reply Quote
SoJ is just ok, it is visible counterable by one card and you know that will come, even when full effective, that lost of tempo is great, opponent can use that to gain board pressure and trade better
Reply Quote
The problem is nobody runs Ooz in constructed any more.
Reply Quote
My main decks are all pally, and i have 2 Sword of Justice available. I dont have a single deck that use more than 1 of these... Stop whining and use some of your own stronk cards.
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 01:50 AMPosted by Shin
Pal rank 4 here. I dont use SoJ because it slow down your play, and i need my weapon slot free to play my Truesilver Champion.

Playing a SoJ turn 3 and being Oozed = game over.
Playing it in lategame is useless most of the time.

Not OP at all
This. So much this.
I dont use SoJ so it wouldnt affect me but we already have one useless weapon.

Early game you basicly skip one turn to equip this. There is always the possibility that it could get oozed ,which is pretty damn big disadvantage. And it's a weapon. Meaning we cant use TC ,our greatest weapon.

Late game, its not that useful. I mean late game is where rag, ysera and stuff come out to play. Your 2/2 recruits wont win you the game.

TLDR: I have 2 of this card and im not using it. I wouldnt say it needs buff or nerfs. It's a good card that fit some deck but not all.
Reply Quote
That's why Op isn't in change of nerf hammer...

sigh...

Divine favor

What are you talking about.

They have one of the best draw mechanics in game. In fact they do not even need to run any creatures with draw.

That card is situational ... I don't even run it anymore because i almost always have more cards then opponent.. only mage f*cks me for now... XD
Reply Quote
Lets look at it's budget.
+5/5 for 3.
If we look at the shattered sun cleric's buff, +1/1 for 1 it does immediately seem over budget.
But lets consider the weapon concept, all weapons are over budget to compensate for the immediate risk of an ooze or worse a harrison jones.
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 06:36 AMPosted by Elminster
i agree balance is good but look at the deck you are talking about paladin has no reliable draw power engine. .

Divine favor

They have one of the best draw mechanics in game. .

He said reliable draw. Divine favour is a dead card half the time because your opponent often has less cards than you. Something that works "sometimes" isn't as good as something that works "every time". That's why you don't see many top tank paladins play it.
Edited by HokemPokem on 1/16/2014 12:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 06:36 AMPosted by Elminster
i agree balance is good but look at the deck you are talking about paladin has no reliable draw power engine. .

Divine favor

They have one of the best draw mechanics in game. In fact they do not even need to run any creatures with draw.

Divine favor is a horrible card. In my opinion it's on the same level as Repenteance is.
It's just useless around 95% of the time because it is pretty situational. Unless you dont start topdecking in round 3 every game, it is just useless. The only way to get some value from this card is just brainlessly play every card in your hand so you have less than your opponent and play this afterwards and I guess I don't have to explain why that's not good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]