Help me with my deck...

http://goo.gl/qqBf2j

Trying to make it a nice, straight to the point deck. Since we are limited to 30 cards and only have about till turn 5 or 6 to really make anything happen I am trying get really powerful early on. Which is why I don't have any high cost minions.

I am new to the beta, so there are quite a few cards from Hunter I don't own. I am pretty much using all the ones I own with the exception of tracking since I heard its bugged.
Edited by commiedic on 12/2/2013 9:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
I think you posted the wrong link.
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 09:30 PMPosted by Sar
I think you posted the wrong link.

Fixed... should of checked haha.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
I'm not an expert on Hunter so people here might be able to help more specifically. Offhand though, I would tend to say that you're probably playing a rush deck.

Deadly Shot is probably better than Hunter's Mark.

I'm not sure if Rush Hunters use Stonetusk Boars or not; someone else would have to comment on that. The charge is nice, but the stats are so weak that unless you buff it in my experience it's pretty useless.

Silverback Patriarch is a horrible card, I wouldn't even bother running it. Especially in a rush deck; taunts aren't incredibly good in rush decks, and he's a particularly weak one.

Dire Wolf Alpha and Ironbeak Owls tend to be great cards in hunter rush decks. Maybe someone else confirm if Dire Wolf Alpha is still used, but I'm pretty sure Ironbeak Owl is; you usually use it as a weak to circumvent taunt minions in my experience.

Having something to finish things off in the late game can help. Gladiator's Longbow and King Crush are examples. The goal is more to rush them down than anything else, but sometimes having an expensive big-hitter helps a lot.

Razorfen Hunter seems almost worthless in this deck. It's not a particularly good card to begin with, and the 1/1 minion being a beast only provides for extremely weak synnergy.

Personally, I like running Snipe in rush decks. I'm not sure how many other people run it, but if you get early board presence (which is the point when rushing), dropping a Snipe can be a cheap way to kill off the next thing they play. Unfortunately, they can often play around it, but it's cheap and often works out pretty well (for example, even if they have something like an Azure Drake Sniped, they may draw a card anyway, but they're still wasting 5 mana that isn't helping them against your board).

---

A more experienced Hunter should probably give some better advice, but from the little bit I know about Hunter rush (but not OTK), that's what I'd say at least.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]