Help with my Jaraxxus Control

So I feel like I've built a pretty decent lock control deck, but I can't seem to get past 3-star Platinum. It may be due to my lack of finishers (currently Jaraxxus and Dread Infernals are my heavy hitters). Here is the list I'm currently using. I would like to add Ragnoros and Mountain Giants to replace the Infernals, but those are pretty difficult to get. Let me know what else you guys think I can do to get past my current rank.

Non-minions:
Mortal Coil x2
Demonfire x2
Drain Life x2
Shadow Bolt x2
Hellfire x2
Shadowflame x1
Siphon Soul x2

Minions:
Voodoo Doctor x2
Voidwalker x2
Acid Swamp Ooze x1
Demolisher x1
Earthen Ring Far Seer x1
Defender of Argus x1
Sen'jin Shieldmaster x2
Spellbreaker x1
Abomination x1
Azure Drake x1
Dread Infernal x2
Sunwalker x1

Lord Jaraxxus x1
Reply Quote
You really want those Mountain Giant if you want to stick up with lock control for a while. Venture Co. can be a nice replacement while you get the giants.

Also, Mana Wraith is an excellent minion which slows down aggro a lot (more if you coin him turn 1), and if you can get another Azure Drake, do so. Don't underestimate corruption, is a pretty awesome removal, and first turns can get rid of a Northsire Cleric, Mana Wyrm or any 3/x minion you seem as a nuisance. You can also kill stronger minions (when they only have one) by corrupting it and then placing a taunter, effectively preventing the damage and killing the undesirable minion.

If you can two Priestess of Elune, put them instead of voodoo doctor, they heal a lot and hit hard as well, otherwise, Darkscale Healer can prove to be very useful too. Another Earthen Ring Farseer is needed too. All of these will grant more chances of survival, and also more win cons for the deck. That's how I ran the deck until I got my legendaries and Mountain Giants. Eventually you'll want a Twisting Nether too, but I guess you can win with those changes already :)

Non-minions:
Corruption x2
Mortal Coil x2
Demonfire x2
Drain Life x2
Shadow Bolt x2
Hellfire x2
Siphon Soul x2

Minions:
Voidwalker x2
Acid Swamp Ooze x1
Earthen Ring Far Seer x2
Defender of Argus x1
Sen'jin Shieldmaster x1
Spellbreaker x1
Abomination x1
Azure Drake x1
Dread Infernal x1
Priestess of Elune x2
Venture co. Mercenary x2

Lord Jaraxxus x1
Edited by Aoi on 12/9/2013 9:02 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]