Priest Inner fire needs to be Legendary 1 per game

x2 Inner fire
x2 Divine Spirit
x2 Gurabashi Berserker

He Instant'd Global'd me ( 32 / 32) With previous Sunfire +1/+1 buff.

This happened With no damage done to the Berserker by either player
He did this in Round 7 when starting 2nd

Fix Ideas!
Limit the amount's of inner fire to 1 per hand. (It is legendarily good!
Limit inner fire and/or Divine Spirit to 1 played per round.

imagine Divine Spirit, Divine Spirit, Inner Fire Insta Win. Super easy!
This made for a really un-enjoyable game. I really don't mind a skill based loss.
This is absurd

This type of thing is why people cry RNG about this game.
Reply Quote
Silence, Silence, Silence, Silence

Silence is an ability which removes all card text, enchantments and abilities from the targeted minion.
Edited by Meteora on 12/11/2013 10:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
The more logical way to change it (assuming it needs a change, which it may not) would be to simply have Divine Spirit not stack for exponential growth. Doubling the health of a minion isn't OP. Quadrupling it might be, especially in view of how it stacks with other health buffs.
Reply Quote
ive never had a issue with this ;/ this is nothing to what the mage is currently doing lol
Reply Quote

Silence is an ability which removes all card text, enchantments and abilities from the targeted minion.

I doubt there was a chance to silence it. Usually what you do is drop a somewhat innocuous minion with high health and low mana (Mogu'shan Warden, Gurubashi, or the 2/7 turtle), and then only buff it the next turn, when it can immediately attack. This way, the buffs can't really be countered; if the minion is killed or beaten up, you just save the buffs for later.

Killing a 2/7 is usually not a priority, and is not always all that easy to do, depending on your board presence.
Reply Quote
[quote]Silence, Silence, Silence, Silence

Killing a 2/7 is usually not a priority, and is not always all that easy to do, depending on your board presence.

Against a priest, it's a huge priority.
You silence it to stop the enrage like effect on this particular minion, and lower his HP as much as you can.

It's also a 5 drop.
Edited by HeaviestFlow on 12/11/2013 10:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
I don't think making specific-card exceptions is a good way to balance a game. However, I don't think that this combo is very overpowered at all, there is a variety of criteria that must be met in order to pull it off.

1. Must have a Minions on the board with a decent amount of HP, 5+ would work.
2. Must have both Divine Spirits and a single Inner Fire in hand, which is unlikely.
3. It takes two turns to pull off, unless the priest uses Stormwind Knight.
4. They could not have played a Divine Spirit earlier on in the match.

You can usually see the combo coming when they play a big minion such as Gurubashi Beserker, but there are many ways to stop it before it comes out.

1. Maintain board control so you can clear his minions when he plays them.
2. Silence effects, only works if he sets up with Divine Spirit beforehand.
3. Taunt minions so he doesn't run the minion into your face.

If anything were to change about those cards, I would suggest increasing the mana cost because the whole combo takes 4 mana to pull off. However, it is kind of fair that way because it requires 3 specific cards and a minion on the field.
Reply Quote
Inner fire is a card that do nothing by itself, if you focus on clearing/removing his minions he can't attack you with that inner fired minion that he summoned that turn. And of cos silence too. after he did that.
12/11/2013 10:13 AMPosted by Cyzyk
Killing a 2/7 is usually not a priority

It is vs a priest or at least weaken it.
Edited by Hunkfish on 12/11/2013 10:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 10:13 AMPosted by Cyzyk
Usually what you do is drop a somewhat innocuous minion with high health and low mana (Mogu'shan Warden, Gurubashi, or the 2/7 turtle)

If a priest drops anything with 5 health or more, you should be expecting this.
Reply Quote

That is great IF

they just summoned the creature, and its your turn to silence it before they use it.

I had the same thing happen round 6 I silenced a 5/5 life equals attack creature.

Round seven priest buffs the 0/5 to 36/36 and wins... Yay great fun.

Maybe I should have more 4/* creatures because EVERY priest player says that is what you need to win.

Lets say a priest summons a pig with charge.
1/1
+3 health
+3 health
1/7
double life
1/14
double life
1/28
life equals attack
28/28

yeah how is that silence working out for ya?
Reply Quote

That is great IF

they just summoned the creature, and its your turn to silence it before they use it.

I had the same thing happen round 6 I silenced a 5/5 life equals attack creature.

Maybe I should have more 4/* creatures because EVERY priest player says that is what you need to win.

1/1
+3 health
+3 health
1/7
double life
1/14
double life
1/28
life equals attack
28/28

Why on earth did you not hurt the 0/5?
Reply Quote
[quote]

The 1 thing I learnt quickly was always clear the board and maintain board control against every class, especially priests.

There are enough buff spells that leaving anything can be an issue a 1/1 can seem harmless but a Blessing of Kings can soon change that

ABC = Always Board Clear
Reply Quote
People need to learn that the priorities to dealing with different classes is different. Where you may not need to immediately deal with a high health, low damage minion against, say, a mage, it is completely different vs priest. If you had the same priorities with regard to what to view as dangerous for every class, this game would be incredibly boring and die.

That is great IF

1/1
+3 health
+3 health
1/7
double life
1/14
double life
1/28
life equals attack
28/28

Sorry, he got a lucky draw. For a priest to go from a 0/5 to a 36/36 requires 5 cards: two Power Word: Shields (takes it to 9), two divine spirits (takes it to 36) and one inner fire. The likelihood of getting this combo is low. In most situations, decks built around trying to pull this combo off lose. On top of silencing the minion, you should have done some damage to it as well, if not out right killed it off. Or had a tank out, as was mentioned above.

Many other classes have access to cards that can wreck your face just as easy simply because you lack the cards in your hand (or in your deck) to effectively deal with them. Like legendaries. Or mage pyroblast to the face (one card) or someone drops Alexstraza on you and now you are down to 15 hp when you were winning (also one card). Bloodlust. Truth be told, no one has a 36/36, but again, that took 5 cards to buff it up that high compared to some 1 card drops (Deathwing can really screw up a game too).
Reply Quote

That is great IF

1/1
+3 health
+3 health
1/7
double life
1/14
double life
1/28
life equals attack
28/28

6+ cards required to make that work. Every deck in the game can play 6 cards and demolish you for that kind of damage - many of them can do it in a way that's even better by not putting all their eggs into one basket. That combo can be shut down by Taunt, or at least slowed a turn for you to respond. For that pig to do 28 damage to you, it means you have no board control - which means you'll probably lose to a wide range of different plays by any class in the game. It's a l2p issue, not a card balance issue.
Edited by Raz on 12/11/2013 11:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
Each class only gets 1 legendary card. Stop suggesting that every card should be legendary just because you don't like the card.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]