Patch Feedback (Mind Control)

Played a few matches last night after the new patch went in. I have to say I am disappointed in the change to Mind Control. From what I can read it is not fun to have your major minion yanked from you then get beat to death with that same minion. If this is really the driving force for the change I could think of a few other ways to change this card. As it stands 10 for the current version is too much I think. I could probably get behind 10 if I could attack the turn I stole something. I don't think I would play 2, but I likely would use 1 as an answer to some of the more powerful minions, especially since I do not have a legendary, or wealth of epic, choices for dealing with this.

If getting your creature taken is not fun, missing your whole turn to take something that must survive the next turn isn't much fun either with common cards that answer powerful minions. (Polymorph, hex, come to mind immediately)
Reply Quote
Mind Control was changed because last patch, you couldn't enter the Priest forum to get feedback without seeing 20+ topics with the headline of "MC OP" or "GG MC". So, in response, Blizzard gave it a +2 mana cost, making it take your entire turn(Which it did anyways when it was 8 mana. By the time you would have played MC, the most you could do was heal the minion you took, or one of your own, attack with yours(If you had any), and end it at that.)

With that change, the Priest pretty much fell off the meta board, which I don't generally enjoy, since I thoroughly enjoyed priest in WoW, and I was enjoying it in Hearthstone(Priest Board Control OP). I'm surprised that there isn't many forums in the Mage complaining about how Poly lost them the game, or how Pyroblast hits too hard for it's mana cost, or in the Paladin complaining about Divine Shield spam(Thank you Artosis), or in the Shaman's complaining about Bloodlust.

MC got changed because people didn't know how to play around it, and now MC is pretty much gone from the meta game of Priest(If someone still plays Priest efficiently of course. Chances are they dropped it to 1 from 2), and they're going to focus more on the Lightspawn and the snowballers. So, they traded one monster for a different one...and in the next few months, I'm expecting to see people complain about how Priests can get the Lightspawn to <100 attack in a turn.
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 12:20 PMPosted by Lamentation
Mind Control was changed because last patch, you couldn't enter the Priest forum to get feedback without seeing 20+ topics with the headline of "MC OP" or "GG MC". So, in response, Blizzard gave it a +2 mana cost, making it take your entire turn(Which it did anyways when it was 8 mana.

So why are people dropping it from meta? If it takes your entire turn like it use to then technically there is no real difference.
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Raluid
Mind Control was changed because last patch, you couldn't enter the Priest forum to get feedback without seeing 20+ topics with the headline of "MC OP" or "GG MC". So, in response, Blizzard gave it a +2 mana cost, making it take your entire turn(Which it did anyways when it was 8 mana.

So why are people dropping it from meta? If it takes your entire turn like it use to then technically there is no real difference.

Because people are actually becoming slightly intelligent on how to deal, and that when it changed to 10 mana, it gives them 2 more turns to beat on the Priest before they have an opportunity to respond. If a Priest is using MC, it's more than likely because they're going to lose if they don't use it, or they believe they'll win when using it. When it was 8 mana, it was pretty close to balanced(At least the way I see it), it gave you the opportunity to take their card, and bring it back up to snuff so they wouldn't be able to remove it and basically make the turn wasted. With the way MC is now, you can't even heal the minion back up, so if you damage it to the point where if let's say I play it on the creature in question(Let's just say for the sake of Arguement I took Yeti at 4/3 because it swung at one of my units), then on your turn you'll just trade it off with say, another creature, since the Priest can't attack with it unless it's got Charge, and you can't heal it since it costs 10 mana now.
Reply Quote
I mainly used the MC for pseudo removal. I hold this card a lot more now and have dropped it from a 2 of to a 1 of in my deck. To me this card has to be warranted to play. Spending my whole turn taking a 4/5 i can't even attack with is mediocre if I am attempting to stabilize my board position.

I think this has made the card more of an aggressive card draw overall. If you are on-top of your opponent. Play it. Seal your win more. On the downside if you are behind you are holding this in your hand in favor of a better turn.

It is going to take some getting used to.

Oh and if MC gets nerfed. Make Pyroblast cost 10 also :)
Reply Quote
I also found a big contributing factor was the fact this is a class card and came up often in arena. As much as I think 10 mana for this spell is wrong getting 3 or 4 in one draft was pretty insane. If the effect this card had on arena was also a driving force the rarity could go up to Rare. Of course if that was the case Priest would need another hard removal card, but it would have the effect of reducing the amount of them coming out in any given arena match. This would only have a minimal effect on constructed as you can get 2 of just about anything you need. with only a modest investment in time/money whichever makes you the happiest.
Reply Quote
Mindcontrol was a card that offer board advantage, card advantage and always traded at least 2 for 1.

Pushing it back means its power is still the same, but your opponent has a few more turns to do something against it.
Personally i dont mind if they remove this card, if only word of death killed a creature with 4 or more health.
Im getting pretty sick of having to use dwarf/cleric on the opponents monster just to be able to deal with it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]