Nerf Priest

This is absolute !@#$ing broken bull%^-* right here that I just experienced. Blizzard you really need to fix this.

I wasn't even able to touch the priest since the start of the game.

He played a Northshire Cleric and buffed it's health to 6 right away. Now normally a Northsire is kinda hard to kill early on because it has 3 health so in most cases you need to wait til turn 3 unless you start with coin. By that time though, he had already buffed the health to 6. Way before I can pull any minion that does 6 damage outright.

Why outright? Because if I don't kill it he just keeps healing it. With either spells or his Hero Power. Not to mention the inevitable "change attack to equal health" nonsense. It's an immediate high priority threat. And he will just keep drawing cards and has infinite chances to pull what he needs like oh idk a mind blast or two plus any other number of other bull!@#$.

By the time you pull a minion able to take out 6 health hes already buffed it yet again. Also you can't even focus on any other minions he might play such as a %^-*!@#ed Gurubashi. You are literally boned from the get go.

I really can't believe Blizzard will just ignore the unbalance that is happening within the game. I do hope they fix this otherwise everyone will be playing priest and you might as well delete all other classes cause there's no point.

Personally I think the Hero Power is a good place to start. Nerf that $%^- to heal only 1 point of damage. And I mean I don't even want to talk about the other nonsense when you convert heal priest into damage dealing priest ok this just too much.

Good day sirs.
Reply Quote
Ironbeak Owl.

/thread
Reply Quote
put a silence in your deck /thread
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 01:42 AMPosted by EdgeX
put a silence in your deck /thread

For some reason, I find myself in agreement with this guy.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
Silence it, game over.
Reply Quote
you still complain over priest? oh oh...
Anyway, silence is the answer.
Reply Quote
You're going to lose some games really quick, but you're also going to crush opponents in other games. Class is nearly meaningless when it comes down to it though, since one-trick ponies aren't all that hard to compose in the deck builder.

As far as silence goes, it the obvious answer. Doesn't mean you become untouchable to stuff like this though, unless you draw the card ;) I managed to lose a game with two cards remaining in my deck - both Hex, and would have instantly won the game if I drew one the turn before. Such is the RNG-Life ^^
Reply Quote
Well see the thing bout silence is I don't build a deck around silence. Meaning I may or may not pull it. It's not like I have 10 of them in my deck. Like I said I had execute, I also had a Ironbeak, and I had 6 Taunts in my deck. Do I really need to carry around multiple silences instead of actually getting good minions in my deck that synergize well? Bit lowsy.
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 03:26 AMPosted by TylerJaden24
Do I really need to carry around multiple silences instead of actually getting good minions in my deck that synergize well?

Yes.
Reply Quote
You need to build a deck around the metagame, not your favourite cards. It how constructed works. In every CCG/TCG btw.
Reply Quote
There's many, many ways to deal with these, sometimes it's as simple as being a little patient for a couple of turns and not playing a minion (so he can't injure his Cleric and get card draw from healing it.

Beyond silence, there's dozens of ways of dealing with it...

Hex, Polymorph, Fire Bolt, Execute, Shocks, Assassinate, Shadow-word, Deadly Shot.

Lots of more subtle ways too, like Crazed Alchemist it whilst it's a 1/7 then use something like shiv, firebolt etc to kill off it's 1hp.
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 03:38 AMPosted by xhan
You need to build a deck around the metagame, not your favourite cards. It how constructed works. In every CCG/TCG btw.

Metagame=Mage ;)
Reply Quote
Not agreeing or disagreeing with OP but I played a game yesterday where a priest buffed a minion to 28/28 by turn 7 or 8 and then 1 shot me. I laughed hard. then i cried a little.
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 04:27 AMPosted by Davok
Not agreeing or disagreeing with OP but I played a game yesterday where a priest buffed a minion to 28/28 by turn 7 or 8 and then 1 shot me. I laughed hard. then i cried a little.
This.

Priest is broken folks.
Reply Quote
The thing is that by turn 8, most classes have a way of dealing with 28/28 monsters. Polymorph, hunter's mark, execute, even the now-quite-weak rogue has ways of dealing with it. It's just luck of the draw that gave the priest the 28/28, and it could be your luck of the draw that removes it from the battlefield.
Reply Quote
While I think cleric should be a 1/2, not a 1/3, it sounds like he got a good draw and that you are lacking silence/removal.
Reply Quote
Play Mage.
Problems solved.
Reply Quote
Play Mage.
Problems solved.

That makes no sense.
Reply Quote
F*king Ridiculous - Nerf Priest

Dude, the calling for nerfs has moved on to the Mage at this point.

You are stuck in the past.
Edited by JimRocky on 12/11/2013 6:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
Wait, aren't we mad about Mages?

Why are we getting mad about Priests again?

I iz confused.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]