Nerf Priest

OP is exactly why cards get nerfed that shouldn't. "Wahhhhh I lost to some annoying card that I wasn't playing. NERF THAT ENTIRE CLASS!" instead of figuring out answers that already exist in the game.
Reply Quote
What I do is keep the NC alive at full health and one shot the other minions then at turn 4 I damage the HC and the priest often heals the NC thus they can not play a 4 mana card that turn. A massive disadvantage. And I use that to my advantage.
Reply Quote
It's not like I have 10 of them in my deck.

The priest doesn't have 10 Northshire Priests

Do I really need to carry around multiple silences instead of actually getting good minions in my deck that synergize well? Bit lowsy.

You don't need to do anything, but if you don't you will be susceptible to this strategy.
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 03:38 AMPosted by xhan
You need to build a deck around the metagame, not your favourite cards. It how constructed works. In every CCG/TCG btw.

That's what I've done. I just didn't pull any cards that game and it was total bull!@#$. The RNG was not kind to me that match lol. I was literally sitting there waiting for anything that would help and it never came so I raged and made this post, heh..
Reply Quote
There's many, many ways to deal with these, sometimes it's as simple as being a little patient for a couple of turns and not playing a minion (so he can't injure his Cleric and get card draw from healing it.

Beyond silence, there's dozens of ways of dealing with it...

Hex, Polymorph, Fire Bolt, Execute, Shocks, Assassinate, Shadow-word, Deadly Shot.

Lots of more subtle ways too, like Crazed Alchemist it whilst it's a 1/7 then use something like shiv, firebolt etc to kill off it's 1hp.

Right but you can't put all those cards into one deck. I see what you're saying several classes have ways of dealing with it but still, when you don't pull the cards man it's just ridiculously bad.

Plus I couldn't even leave minions on the board to attempt killing it next turn because although it only had 1 attack for a while, there was a Gurubashi which would have been suicide if it go buffed to all hell. Then when he pulled out a second Cleric I was just done.
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 04:27 AMPosted by Davok
Not agreeing or disagreeing with OP but I played a game yesterday where a priest buffed a minion to 28/28 by turn 7 or 8 and then 1 shot me. I laughed hard. then i cried a little.

See that I wouldn't mind so much because you get a few turns. My game was over by turn 4 after he coined and threw out the Gurubashi.

Didn't play a single card.
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 04:35 AMPosted by Adragondil
The thing is that by turn 8, most classes have a way of dealing with 28/28 monsters. Polymorph, hunter's mark, execute, even the now-quite-weak rogue has ways of dealing with it. It's just luck of the draw that gave the priest the 28/28, and it could be your luck of the draw that removes it from the battlefield.

Yeah, one minion sure. But he had 3 problem minions. What are the chances I pull 3 big removals or 3 silences? Running on very limited time and of course not to mention he gets a draw card every turn for healing his double Clerics which are both buffed or his buffed Gurubashi.

I maybe get lucky take out one on time before things get even worse. Then I die to the other two. Never being able to pull out a minion. And sure you could argue ho use spells and what not but hey, not all classes have spells. I was playing as a warrior.. Just got super unlucky.
Reply Quote
Play Mage.
Problems solved.

That doesn't solve anything. Might as well just delete all classes except for Priest and Mage then if that's your solution.
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 06:35 AMPosted by JimRocky
F*king Ridiculous - Nerf Priest

Dude, the calling for nerfs has moved on to the Mage at this point.

You are stuck in the past.

I've yet to get stomped by a Mage so. Not my problem.
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 06:15 PMPosted by TylerJaden24

Don't worry, when you get out of exceptionally low MMR that you appear to reside in, you'll get right on the bandwagon of "nerf mages" whine.
Reply Quote
Priests?are they still in this game?
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 06:15 PMPosted by TylerJaden24

I guess you haven't played any good mages, which means you are probably on the lower end of the ladder where people don't know how to deal with priests.

All I can say is they shouldn't balance a game around players who haven't learned how to properly handle the mechanics. If you have, then priests would not be a problem.

Although there is a legitimate argument saying that priests aren't fun to play against. That argument will actually get you noticed by the developers. Otherwise, they are probably going to listen to players who know what they are talking about and players who know what they are doing have no problems with priests.
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 03:26 AMPosted by TylerJaden24
Well see the thing bout silence is I don't build a deck around silence. Meaning I may or may not pull it. It's not like I have 10 of them in my deck. Like I said I had execute, I also had a Ironbeak, and I had 6 Taunts in my deck. Do I really need to carry around multiple silences instead of actually getting good minions in my deck that synergize well? Bit lowsy.
\

Yes, because obviously your deck already has terrible synergy if it's getting owned by a Northshire cleric.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]