They should just make Mind Control silencable

Card games need a balance. A counter reaction for every move, like chess. If you're thinking 2 -3 moves ahead you can always counter what they will do. Hearthstone is lacking some of that. Instead of making MC cost 10 mana - which really doesn't fix anything, they should leave it at 8 and make it silencable. Then you can actually counter it with a move of your own.

With that said, they need to buff priests in other areas for sure. But at the same time we don't need a single card that almost sends every big drop in to irrelevancy.
Reply Quote
I suspect that even if they wanted to do that they wouldn't as its too late in the beta to be altering the basic card object code by adding in an "is mind controlled" flag and ammending their silence algorithm to look up "is mind controlled".

Of course they could do it, I just doubt they want to make those types of changes right now. I don't know much about such large corporate coding things, it just seems like they're at the point right now where they're trying to push for stability into the open beta and hurry on to a release. Altering the basic data structures probably isn't a high priority.
Reply Quote
They specifically chose to NOT do this because it would make Silence even more valuable - something they don't want to do. Right now, silence is very powerful and if it could remove MC it would be absolutely required in every deck. That's not something they want, which is why they didn't go with this solution.
Reply Quote
12/10/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Raz
They specifically chose to NOT do this because it would make Silence even more valuable - something they don't want to do. Right now, silence is very powerful and if it could remove MC it would be absolutely required in every deck. That's not something they want, which is why they didn't go with this solution.

I'd see this as a problem if there were more cards that could silence or if Spellbreaker wasn't so powerful and affordable given what he is and does, but Mind Control is easily a game breaking spell. Let's just hope the mana nerf is enough! It seems like it should be, as it guarantees no additional plays that turn, giving the opponent an opportunity that may not have existed before.
Reply Quote
I suspect that even if they wanted to do that they wouldn't as its too late in the beta to be altering the basic card object code by adding in an "is mind controlled" flag and ammending their silence algorithm to look up "is mind controlled".

Of course they could do it, I just doubt they want to make those types of changes right now. I don't know much about such large corporate coding things, it just seems like they're at the point right now where they're trying to push for stability into the open beta and hurry on to a release. Altering the basic data structures probably isn't a high priority.

Lol it wouldn't be that hard to change. Plus it is beta. I don't know why you're arguing for them not to change it because of code? If that's the case they might as well not change anything, it would take up their time, you know the thing they are supposed to do.
Reply Quote
The issue right now with priests, just from my own limited experience with them, is that they don't have much in the way of combo-able abilities that aren't in the generic line-up of default mobs that you can summon.

I don't agree with the 10 cost Mind Control because it doesn't resolve the bigger issue that priests are pretty defensive by nature, they have so much board control baked into their class spells but don't really have much going for them in terms of synergy between their own spells.

Prior to this patch it was easy to just brush off the loss of my early creatures because every other class seemed to have a myriad of buffs and abilities to boost their early creatures into harbingers of death in favor of waiting for the end game to roll up, whereas the best I could hope for would be to push out my weak creatures in hopes that they wouldn't die to my opponent next turn - which never seemed to happen.

I could think of a number of ways to make Mind Control, and rather than turn it into a card that's almost not worth using to a card that would present greater opportunity to play it early in the game by actually reducing it's cost to 4 mana, but make it silence the enemy minion, effectively disabling any buffs or on-death/etc. abilities.

Either that or take a look at priests as a whole and find a way to give them a better synergy with their class-specific spells and abilities.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]