Lord Jaraxxus

So broken..

How can you counter 6-6 minions for 2 mana
Reply Quote
When facing Warlocks, you always have to keep in mind the possibility of Jaraxxus. He's a really really slow card. He can't summon the infernos until the turn after, and they can't attack until the turn after that. Meaning, you have 2 full turns to do some face damage before facing possible damage from infernos.
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 12:33 AMPosted by Chenobi
He can't summon the infernos until the turn after, and they can't attack until the turn after that.

There is an exception to this. Summoning portal can make him a 7 (or 5 with 2 out) drop. Either way this allows an infernal to be summoned on the same turn Jaraxxus is played.

You need to burn down the 15HP on Jaraxxus fast, taunt helps if you can't kill him in 2/3 turns as well, but if you're trying to trade against the infernals you're going to have a bad time.
Reply Quote
None of these things make him less broken. If I have the enemy warlock on the ropes with 0 cards in his hand and 1 life when I hit end turn, and he draws Lord Jaraxxus, he can easily win the game, anyway.
Reply Quote
12/15/2013 07:16 PMPosted by Qris
None of these things make him less broken. If I have the enemy warlock on the ropes with 0 cards in his hand and 1 life when I hit end turn, and he draws Lord Jaraxxus, he can easily win the game, anyway.

if he has 0 cards and is using jaraxxus you can still win if you have control. if you are both topdecking and he is jaraxxus then you will likely lose.
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 12:25 AMPosted by Jaycers

By attacking the warlock…. he's only got 15 HP.
Reply Quote
Lord Jaraxxus is a terrible card.

L2P is the only response I can give.
Reply Quote
I just think his wep should have lower durability or lower attack.
Reply Quote
The only time he really wins the game is when both players are low already. If you have control and jax is played you will still win most of the time.
Reply Quote
12/15/2013 07:54 PMPosted by Shadow

No. Jaraxxus is awful enough as it is.

Buff him.
Reply Quote
If you are also a warlock, apparently (according to the wiki) you can kill him with "destroy target demon, gain life" card, although I don't play warlock so I wouldn't know.
Reply Quote
12/15/2013 08:06 PMPosted by DarthCaedus
If you are also a warlock, apparently (according to the wiki) you can kill him with "destroy target demon, gain life" card, although I don't play warlock so I wouldn't know.

No, it's true. I've done that to like 3 people.
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 12:35 AMPosted by Battyone
There is an exception to this. Summoning portal can make him a 7 (or 5 with 2 out) drop. Either way this allows an infernal to be summoned on the same turn Jaraxxus is played.

Summoning Portals are just fancy taunts. Only silly people leave them on the board. I did once get to play Jar and an Infernal on turn 9 with a SP out. My opp even had the chance to wipe it out but he ignored it and went for the rush down. He regretted it dearly.
Reply Quote
Does Repentance work on him?
Reply Quote
Jaraxxus is only good in a game where both players are in topdeck mode, or in a game where the warlock has crafted a situation to play jaraxxus, which means you lost before he played him.
Reply Quote
12/15/2013 08:29 PMPosted by Kiwifruit
Jaraxxus is only good in a game where both players are in topdeck mode, or in a game where the warlock has crafted a situation to play jaraxxus, which means you lost before he played him.

Interestingly, you can say basically the same thing about most of the high cost Legendary cards.
Reply Quote
12/15/2013 08:29 PMPosted by Kiwifruit

Maybe, but there aren't many cards you can count on to win the game just because you saved up good removal.
Reply Quote
12/15/2013 08:04 PMPosted by Zelethul

No. Jaraxxus is awful enough as it is.

Buff him.

Actually he is pretty strong.

Granted he takes up your entire turn, but he heals you like Alextraza (and rarely will you play him if you are above 15 health), gives you a steady stream of 6/6 for 2 minions, and gives you a 3 damage wep you can use right away.

Unless your foe has quite a few cards out, he can easily turn the tables.

I think his wep should be a 2/8 or a 3/3

8 durability is a LOT.
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
12/12/2013 12:25 AMPosted by Jaycers
So broken..

You don't. That's the point of the card. The 6/6 infernals will kill you.

The counter, however, is to kill Jaraxxus in the three turns before the infernals can actually impact the board. Which, given that for those turns the Warlock spent 9 mana on a 2-mana Fiery War Axe, you already have an advantage in doing.

Jaraxxus is fine. Yes, if you don't kill him, he kills you. So does every other 8+ mana card.
Edited by Mand on 12/16/2013 7:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
Of ALLLL the overpowered and broken cards that exist in this game currently, you make a thread about Jaraxxus???

Really???????

I think i've only lost to that card once, and when I did it was so sweet I was like "Heck i'm not even mad. That was amazing."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]