Lord Jaraxxus

For LJ, a 3/8 is no better than a 3/3.
By turn 3, the Infernos start kicking in so he is gonna win with or without a weapon.

With a few exceptions, the turn Jaraxxus is played, all he can do is attack for 3, and Infernos won't kick in until turn 3.

Consider Alexstrasza, she also heals you up to 15 and is an 8/8 that kicks in on turn 2. You also have the choice to bring the opponent down to 15. Jaraxxus is probably no better than Alexstrasza.

There are situations where Jaraxxus is really good, but that can be said for all 9-drops. Think Ysera, which is rarely not good on turn 9.
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 07:37 AMPosted by Mand
So broken..

How can you counter 6-6 minions for 2 mana

You don't. That's the point of the card. The 6/6 infernals will kill you.

That depends entirely on the situation. You could be sitting at 25+ health when the Warlock has to use Jaraxxus, that means 6-6 won't hurt you very much.
Reply Quote
Jaraxxus is one of the Warlock's only concrete late-game plays. It's like the Mage's Pyroblast. Yeah complain more about 6/6 infernals, but if you're losing to Jaraxxus, its called a "COMEBACK". Or you failed from the start and now he's just teasing you by reducing his health to 15 and tickling you with his wep. Either way.
Reply Quote
Am I seriously the only one that thinks all these people talking about if you have control you win blah blah blah are out of their minds? I would say that 90% of the time I see this OP bastard the turn before hand consists of: "Oh, you have a lot of enemies on the board and are about to beat me? Well crap...better murder everything with my board wipe."

You can argue that this card is legendary and it should be powerful, or that it's not OP all you want, but I just lost to him AGAIN. This time I saw how truly OP he really is. I had minions on the board, his board was clear. I had 2 shadow word: deaths and a mind control in my hand when he played this douche nozzle and I STILL lost because he keeps his hand (which just somehow always seems to be full of saved up board clearers, and/or instant death cards) and then procedes to beat me in the face with his axe of never breaking.

The warlocks need to stop with the trolling. Just because a mage can save a pyroblast and murder you when you play this card, (which he was going to do anyway) doesn't mean it's not broken as all hell. SOMETHING needs to be done about this guy. EVERY time I've faced a warlock that got him out, I lost, regardless of my hand/board the turn before him showing up. His axe has too much durability and a 6/6 for 2 mana....EVERY turn? How is that even supposed to be fair? Either give him a limited number of uses of the ability or make them weaker, on top of nerfing that F'ing axe.
Reply Quote
ok I'm maybe not the best player in the world, but I was playing and had an opposing lock down to 6 health ( 10 mana ) when he dropped it on me, between his weapon durability, the extra health and the infernals he was spewing out and the fact I only had 3 non taunt cards in my hand, he crushed me, waaaay OP card
Reply Quote
Jaraxxus is powerful because he allows a warlock to build a very fast deck and not worry about running out of cards. I find that he rarely turns a lost situation into a won situation. It just stops me from being up and then running out of cards.

Without the threat of jaraxxus, you just have priests and pallys that just sit back and heal through everything until the warlock runs out of cards and dies from fatigue. For that reason, I think he serves a reasonable place in the meta.
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 07:46 AMPosted by TwiNight
For LJ, a 3/8 is no better than a 3/3.
By turn 3, the Infernos start kicking in so he is gonna win with or without a weapon.

With a few exceptions, the turn Jaraxxus is played, all he can do is attack for 3, and Infernos won't kick in until turn 3.

Consider Alexstrasza, she also heals you up to 15 and is an 8/8 that kicks in on turn 2. You also have the choice to bring the opponent down to 15. Jaraxxus is probably no better than Alexstrasza.

There are situations where Jaraxxus is really good, but that can be said for all 9-drops. Think Ysera, which is rarely not good on turn 9.

The biggest problem is you cant get rid of him. I cant hex, sheep, MC, unsummon, or use any other minion removal like I can on every other legendary. He is there until I can kill my opponent which is not true of other legendaries.
Reply Quote
I have played against 6 Warlocks that have used Jaraxxus. I won every single time because they couldn't come back after losing their entire turn just casting Jaraxxus. You can even destroy his weapon.
Edited by TheRealBrave on 12/20/2013 5:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/15/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Zelethul
If you are also a warlock, apparently (according to the wiki) you can kill him with "destroy target demon, gain life" card, although I don't play warlock so I wouldn't know.

No, it's true. I've done that to like 3 people.

Do alot of warlocks with Jar keep this in their deck? Gonna have to start praying to the thoughtsteal gods. =p
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 07:42 AMPosted by W0JC1K
Of ALLLL the overpowered and broken cards that exist in this game currently, you make a thread about Jaraxxus???

Really???????

I think i've only lost to that card once, and when I did it was so sweet I was like "Heck i'm not even mad. That was amazing."

This guy wins the thread. I have been in the same situation, game very tied, Jar enters the game, and I lose by just a turn. It was insanely cool.
Edited by Villanelo on 12/20/2013 5:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
Jaraxxus is a fun, unique card that makes games interesting. I, too, have only lost to him once, and it wasn't very disappointing. It's much more humiliating losing to a Mana Worm and Mirror Image combination.
Reply Quote
You have to do 15 face damage in 2 turns. Not easy to do and if he stacked his deck with taunts and/or armor even harder. And if he had charge cards in his deck, you don't even have the 2 turns. Plus he is playing 6/6's for the same mana cost that the Paladin plays 1/1s. Yeah, that's not unbalanced. That leaves him 8 pts of mana every turn that he can play all his other regular cards. I would charge him 6 mana for each summons at least that would at least limit his deck a bit.
Reply Quote
hunters mark sets health to 1- 0 mana

there are more but i cant recall of them of the top of my head
Reply Quote
Stop bashing on a card that see very little play for obvious reasons, the entire point of the card is to burst him down quick, that card is slow and if you cant do that the card did what its supposed to do.

God of all cards to QQ about you chose LJ? It cost 9 bloddy mana, as stated earlier you get 2 full turns to deal with it before the infernals come into play.
Reply Quote
People run Jaraxxus? Pretty much all Warlock decks are generic blowout aggro or Murlocs.
Reply Quote
You can ooze his weapon, always hitting jaraxxus face, don't even bother with the infernals. 15 health isn't that much. If you cant do that, there are 2 possibilities: bad luck or bad deck.

tips:
always review your play/deck after the match. which card is just ok or which card is bad then consider to change it.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR74ljxLD4Y

i enjoy playing to use him :)
next episode (uploaded soon) is also more jaraxxus fun .... same result though 1/1

and the 0 cost destroy demon and gain 5 health does kill him
but ive only used it on myself to quit in style :P
he actually had 24 attack briefly too .... weird bug i suppose

and ive had the misfortune of playing a mage who top decked a swamp ooze
after i had used my weapon once ..... still it was fun :)
Edited by Crunchy on 12/24/2013 1:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 10:32 PMPosted by GaryOak
People run Jaraxxus? Pretty much all Warlock decks are generic blowout aggro or Murlocs.

What rank are you? There are plenty of Warlock Control decks that run Jaraxxus at Ranks L-5, including myself.

He is very effective in control decks but not so much in aggro.
Edited by Algebraica on 12/24/2013 12:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
Jaraxxus isn't the best in every scenario, but saying he's an awful card is just asinine. Why does everyone assume Jaraxxus can't do anything for 2 turns? He attacks the turn he's placed in, and he still has a hand of cards he can play while his infernal comes off, no?
Again, I don't think he's overpowered, but he's still a great, and not to mention cool, card. He might seem too strong because his wins are often overwhelming. And as someone said, if you're both topdecking, he will eventually win.
Reply Quote
Gentlemen, gentlemen. Just keep calm an- YOU FACE JARAXXUS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]