Lord Jaraxxus

This card is absolutely ridiculous. If the game is reasonably even it's an absolute whitewash after it. There is absolutely no counter. 3/7 weapon and the ability to spam 6/6 minions every turn while healing you back to 15 health from even 1.

Completely and utterly stupid and ridiculous that people try to defend this card as balanced.

Trading one turn to be able to spam 3/7 weapon and a 6/6 minion every turn?! YES PLEASE!

Stupid.
Edited by Herboss on 1/15/2014 6:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/15/2013 07:48 PMPosted by fractal
How can you counter 6-6 minions for 2 mana

By attacking the warlock…. he's only got 15 HP.

12/15/2013 08:04 PMPosted by Zelethul
I just think his wep should have lower durability or lower attack.

No. Jaraxxus is awful enough as it is.

Buff him.

some people are extremely delusional
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 07:42 AMPosted by W0JC1K
Of ALLLL the overpowered and broken cards that exist in this game currently, you make a thread about Jaraxxus???

Really???????

I think i've only lost to that card once, and when I did it was so sweet I was like "Heck i'm not even mad. That was amazing."

That was my basic attitude. That was the first legendary card I saw in game where I just kinda stared at the monitor with my mouth hanging open, then said "THAT IS AWESOME."
Reply Quote
Once Jaraxxus gets rolling after turn 2 or 3 after he's played there's not really anything to stop him anymore . But to be fair if you leave any other 9 Mana Minion on the field untouched for that long you probably lose too and Jaraxxus doesn't do much before turn he hits turn 3. At best you can Shadowflame an Infernal on turn 2 for a boardclear .

If Jaraxxus is played with an empty or close to empty board there's a good chance he wins you the game with a few exceptions.
Edited by Serp on 1/15/2014 6:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 05:55 PMPosted by RykerrK
Of ALLLL the overpowered and broken cards that exist in this game currently, you make a thread about Jaraxxus???

Really???????

I think i've only lost to that card once, and when I did it was so sweet I was like "Heck i'm not even mad. That was amazing."

That was my basic attitude. That was the first legendary card I saw in game where I just kinda stared at the monitor with my mouth hanging open, then said "THAT IS AWESOME."
Awesome if you're a warlock and you've got it of course :)
Reply Quote
being able to attack with him AND use his hero power is pretty good for a warlock. that's why he's a legendary, for sure.
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 05:59 PMPosted by UrukEnkidu
being able to attack with him AND use his hero power is pretty good for a warlock. that's why he's a legendary, for sure.
Don't forget it can also heal you back to 15 from 1 health.
Reply Quote
I've been stomped a couple of times by Jaraxxus. My latest match was closer than the first time, but I think the first time I was either laughing or in awe at the amazing spectacle before me.
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 06:18 PMPosted by Herboss
Don't forget it can also heal you back to 15 from 1 health.

And? Alex does the same, and gives you even a 8/8 that don't lose you the game if destroyed and without limiting your max health to 15

If you use Jaraxxus you have nothing in the first turn on the board, in the second turn you get your first Infernal, that's back to 15 health and a 6/6 minion for 11 mana, to that point.

I never used his weapon more then 3 times in over 50 games, so I dont know why people cry about the 8 durability, and attacking minions for 3 dmg is also !@#$ing risky, cause of his max 15 health, Pyroblast eats 66% of his health, Grom and Rage eats 80% of his life for 8 mana.
Reply Quote
I had a game against a priest that managed to heal himself and stall with mindcontrol , spells , cards he stole from me with thoughsteal until i had used up all my weapon charges.

Harrison Jones is pretty funny against Jaraxxus . Floods your own hand with cards.
Reply Quote
Jaraxus take 2 turns to do anything useful aside from taking damage to the face. If he has board presence over you, most likely jaraxus WILL end the game right there, not because he is brokenly OP but because he is intended to solidify a victory.

These are the three situations jaraxus can be played in:
1. Both players are top decking. Jaraxus drops. Either the other player topdecks answers or the warlock wins. Warlock control is ineficient compared to other classes in most respects so if you let the warlock get you in this position he either stalled your aggro deck or something went wrong in the trades you were making.

2. You have board presence, even one or two creatures while he has one or none. Jaraxus drops. You have 2 turns to whomp him in the face. Chances are you will win. Jaraxus into a board he doesnt already own is a loss.

3. situation three, and i LOVE when this happens. warlock has board presence AND has a decent hand from liberal life tap use. Jaraxus drops. GG

Possible 4. jaraxus drops, opponent auto concedes. this ones fun.

Either way JARAXUS IS... sorry
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 05:44 PMPosted by Herboss
This card is absolutely ridiculous. If the game is reasonably even it's an absolute whitewash after it. There is absolutely no counter. 3/7 weapon and the ability to spam 6/6 minions every turn while healing you back to 15 health from even 1.

Completely and utterly stupid and ridiculous that people try to defend this card as balanced.

Trading one turn to be able to spam 3/7 weapon and a 6/6 minion every turn?! YES PLEASE!

Stupid.

god you're bad.
Reply Quote
01/15/2014 05:57 PMPosted by Herboss

Awesome if you're a warlock and you've got it of course :)

Nah, I was on the other side. It was still awesome.
Reply Quote
12/15/2013 08:04 PMPosted by Zelethul
I just think his wep should have lower durability or lower attack.

No. Jaraxxus is awful enough as it is.

Buff him.

ahahahahaha
Lol
Much Noob
such wow
Reply Quote
One easy test to see if a card is over power is that can a player with no epic and legendary card in his deck able to use combination of rare and common card to kill of that card? With Lord Jaraxxus, it's practically impossible. I have tried with paladin, mage, hunter, warrior, and priests. With other cards, I would be able to kill them off with some good combo move but not with Lord Jaraxxux, especially if the opponent have 2 of those cards. With the right combo, most other legendary can be dealt with but not with Lord Jaraxxus, I too think Lord Jaraxxus is OP, it needs to be nerfed somehow.
Reply Quote
05/10/2014 07:32 PMPosted by Lycaon
One easy test to see if a card is over power is that can a player with no epic and legendary card in his deck able to use combination of rare and common card to kill of that card? With Lord Jaraxxus, it's practically impossible. I have tried with paladin, mage, hunter, warrior, and priests. With other cards, I would be able to kill them off with some good combo move but not with Lord Jaraxxux, especially if the opponent have 2 of those cards. With the right combo, most other legendary can be dealt with but not with Lord Jaraxxus, I too think Lord Jaraxxus is OP, it needs to be nerfed somehow.

kobold + fireball + frost bolt + frost lance. This is what happened to me once. So it's possible to kill jaraxxus.
Reply Quote
05/10/2014 07:32 PMPosted by Lycaon
One easy test to see if a card is over power is that can a player with no epic and legendary card in his deck able to use combination of rare and common card to kill of that card? With Lord Jaraxxus, it's practically impossible.

Sacrificial Pact.

But seriously, there are plenty of ways for an opponent to take the tempo loss that playing Jaraxxus (which has minimal immediate impact) causes and use it to still murder-ize their enemy in spite of (or in some cases because of) the health change.

Also, more widely used, you can Ooze the weapon, which is a large part of what Jaraxxus brings.
Edited by Tsenzei on 5/11/2014 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
like i sayd and i allways say .. if he is that brokem why dont you play him?? or if he is that brokem why dont people play him more often???
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 07:37 AMPosted by Mand
Jaraxxus is fine. Yes, if you don't kill him, he kills you. So does every other 8+ mana card.

Ysera, Ragnaros, Mind Control, Deathwing, just throw a few names out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]