Advice for Priest vs Aggro/Murloc/Rush Decks

So I am a new player when it comes to the MtG type games, but I have been learning. However, I find myself more and more against the murloc/aggro/rush decks and am not sure how to counter. I do run with Holy Nova x 2, but is that the only thing we can do - pray that Holy Nova is drawn before we are pounded into oblivion? I'm not complaining - I'm just trying to figure out what I need to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
What I do is river crocolisks and buff the crap out of them health-wise. You can also buff a Frostwolf Grunt to be 2/4 or 2/6, that deals with some of it. Basically, keep them away from you and beat them at their own game by trading minions. Remember the fact that buffs are part of a Priest's deck, your Frostwolf Grunt is a lot better than the enemy's, as yours can have 4, 6, 8 or 12 health, depending on the turn played and the cards used.
Reply Quote
ancient watcher + sunfury deals pretty well with every early aggro decks.
wild pyromancer + coin + shield also does great fob, but require to start second.
Edited by Lombric on 12/11/2013 7:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you both for the advice. I took the wild pyromancer and the frostwolf grunt suggestions and have been doing much better tonight.
Reply Quote
I put Abomination in to help with mine.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]