Mind control nerf was too much

I wholeheartedly agree that Mind control needed some sort of adjustment as it locked anyone facing priest to play the big guns since turn 6 but this nerf turned an awesome tempo card into a card which helps you to win only if you're winning already.

If you happen not to have board control a creature which just sits there and doesn't let you to play anything else in the late game probably means you lost the game.

If your opponent plays a strong card against you on turn 10 while having his board empty he was probably too desperate to do anything else and you would probably win regardless.

I feel that a card that helps you to win even more is a bad card design and I think Mind control will be at the bottom of drafted cards.
Reply Quote
Lol that's hilarious.
Reply Quote
You mean the card that can instantly turn the game around being nerfed was too much? Oh look I got tirion fordring! Now maybe I can finally regain board advantage!

Pre-patch priest; Lol nope
Reply Quote

If your opponent plays a strong card against you on turn 10 while having his board empty he was probably too desperate to do anything else and you would probably win regardless.

It's more likely that both players are topdecking and the Priest is waiting with Mind Control.
Reply Quote
Oh you have trouble surviving 2 extra rounds? This wasn't even a nerf. The card is still as op as it used to be.
Reply Quote
You are mad beacause now you can't MC Ragnaros and Shadow word pain my Shieldmaster on the same round???

QQ more? There should be a +18 rule for this forum.
Reply Quote
Maybe they should have tried to nerf it by making it possible to silence MC.

Personally I don't care about MC and I play Priest quite regular, MC is over rated. Shadow Madness is much better comboed with a youthful brewmaster especially
Reply Quote
As I said in another topic, although I agree Mind Control should be balanced, I guess changing the cost to 10 isn't the best way to do it.

My suggestion is to make Mind Control's cost variable, according to the minion's cost (my favorite choice) or category. For example: to cost 2 more mana than the cost of the minion (minimum of 6) , or to cost 8 to control basic, common and rare minions, 9 for epic and 10 for legendary .

In the present scenario, who faces a priest must attract the mind control for less important minions, to play the most powerful ones later. Also, the current meta consists in numerous and very efficient aggro decks , and sometimes the priest has trouble to control the game. With the changes I suggested , the way to play as priest and against it would change a lot, because the Mind Control could be used earlier in the game, in theoretically less important but troubling minions, and still allows the opponent to make use of his most powerful and expensive cards by about two turns before the priest uses Mind Control (keeping the idea proposed by Blizzard).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]