Pyroblast OP

3) I see many people complaining about it, but at the same time why complain? If it's so good and so overpowered why not just exploit how "OP" it is and win a bunch of games with it?..

^ Because we want to use strategy and unique decks instead of a broken ladder climber that everyone and their mothers are abusing?
Edited by MissMaven on 1/10/2014 8:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
You guys need to put in mind that a Card game are not just drop minions on the field and trade with your enemy and are a lot of other strong spell in each class, and all classes have many ways to deal with pyroblast.
Edited by Jonathas on 1/10/2014 8:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Tell me the "many ways" Shaman deals with pyro, please! Cuz I'll leave this thread, go play and never return!

Use up precious card slots for small heals i may not draw?
OOh! Maybe I can use 2 brewmasters and 2 farseers AND a Priestess of Elune!

Now I have to take FIVE cards i NEED for my awesome deck JUST to counter one deck i MAY or may not come up against?

Fun game.

It NEEDS to be forced to attack taunts or made Legendary. (<---- PERIOD)
Edited by MissMaven on 1/10/2014 9:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
game is unbalanced with this type of play so lets be happy its a beta wich is there to look at that
Reply Quote
01/10/2014 08:54 AMPosted by Jonathas
You guys need to put in mind that a Card game are not just drop minions on the field and trade with your enemy and are a lot of other strong spell in each class, and all classes have many ways to deal with pyroblast.

So smart, much ways

01/10/2014 08:45 AMPosted by MissMaven
I am about to stop playing until it is fixed..

^ This.
Edited by Lunni on 1/10/2014 10:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
01/10/2014 09:06 AMPosted by MissMaven
Tell me the "many ways" Shaman deals with pyro, please! Cuz I'll leave this thread, go play and never return!

Shaman is the weakest class against mages. If you're trying to use Shaman as evidence that mage is overpowered, that's a poor argument as it is the worst class to try and beat a mage with. Like most card games, the game is a big rock-paper-scissors, and as such, not all 1v1 matchups are equal. What makes a class imbalanced is when they're the rock in rock vs. paper in almost all potential matchups; no class is currently like that (trust me, I've actually seen classes in the earlier stages of the game that were).

Plus, it takes no skill to LOSE a game. Anyone can lose a game. If losing proved that a class was too strong or weak, then I could prove that any class was underpowered by conceding 100 games with it. If you want to show that the mage class is overpowered, then make a mage deck yourself and become legendary rank in the first week; if the class is as overpowered as you say, it will be an easy task.

I'll tell you the truth though; you will find it isn't. But beyond that, you'll learn a lot about playing against the class by playing as the class, and it will actually be quite good for your player progression to do so.
Reply Quote
I'll tell you the truth though; you will find it isn't. But beyond that, you'll learn a lot about playing against the class by playing as the class, and it will actually be quite good for your player progression to do so.

Did play Mage for a while and enjoyed it, but Shaman is my favorite class and the one I want to play the most, unfortunately, also the most affected by the imbalance.

I respect that you are here in a thread full of annoyed angry people trying to soothe us and make sense of things and you do make some good points. ^.^

The fact still remains that the spell is not fun to play against and needs to be nerfed.
Edited by MissMaven on 1/10/2014 11:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
01/10/2014 11:53 AMPosted by MissMaven

Did play Mage for a while and enjoyed it, but Shaman is my favorite class and the one I want to play the most, unfortunately, also the most affected by the imbalance.

I respect that you are here in a thread full of annoyed angry people trying to soothe us and make sense of things and you do make some good points. ^.^

The fact still remains that the spell is not fun to play against and needs to be nerfed.

In all fairness, I suspect the same argument would be made about rush decks playing against Shamans. Shamans have an enormous amount of mana-efficient, card-efficient early game control at their disposal that can make a rush deck feel helpless.
Reply Quote
Lil off-topic now doncha think? xD
Reply Quote
01/10/2014 11:58 AMPosted by Sar

In all fairness, I suspect the same argument would be made about rush decks playing against Shamans. Shamans have an enormous amount of mana-efficient, card-efficient early game control at their disposal that can make a rush deck feel helpless.

I'm happy to make that argument, as I play a rush deck.

If people are going to claim that Pyroblast should be nerfed because of Shamans, then I'll be the first to say that Forked Lightning and Lightning Storm should deal 1 less damage because rush decks have no way around Shamans. None.

If I see Thrall show up on that screen against my rush deck(s), I might as well concede.

But then, I am not intellectually dishonest enough to make that argument, since I acknowledge that some classes are a bad matchup against some others.
Reply Quote
01/10/2014 12:02 PMPosted by Zelethul
But then, I am not intellectually dishonest enough to make that argument, since I acknowledge that some classes are a bad matchup against some others.

Lol.. so insults now is it? If "intellectual honesty" means being a rude jerk, I don't want it.

I never said "Mage should be nerfed due to Shaman having such a hard a time with it!"(pyro) Merely stated that it (Shaman) was my favorite/preferred class..

However, It is obvious in all match-ups imho.
Reply Quote
01/10/2014 12:09 PMPosted by MissMaven
Lol.. so insults now is it? If "intellectual honesty" means being a rude jerk, I don't want it.

Not at all.

I am merely not going to suggest that, while playing a class that by itself completely hard counters 2 archetypes of decks, that having 1 that hard counters me is not acceptable.

01/10/2014 12:09 PMPosted by MissMaven
I never said "Mage should be nerfed due to Shaman having such a hard a time with it!"

I didn't say you did.

Look up Ogrumz. He says it thrice a day however.
Reply Quote
Look up Ogrumz. He says it thrice a day however.

No thanks, don't know him, nor care about him. What I care about is the fun I have playing this game that this company wants me to enjoy.

You on the other hand seem to care about (presumably) preserving a card which people hate playing against.

Guess what, Priests did the same thing. <3
Edited by MissMaven on 1/10/2014 12:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/10/2014 12:21 PMPosted by MissMaven
You on the other hand seem to care about (presumably) preserving a card which people hate playing against.

People hate playing against it mostly because they lose to it.

Which is mostly because they can't figure out how to put a heal card in their deck.

Guess what, Priests did the same thing. <3

And their class was trashcanned as a result. Especially since Blizzard themselves admitted that it was not effecting higher level play, that was a tragedy.

You losers don't get to trashcan any more classes however. You don't get to ruin the game for people who liked that class just because you can't be asked to include obvious counters in your decks.
Reply Quote
01/10/2014 12:29 PMPosted by Zelethul
People hate playing against it mostly because they lose to it.

Which is mostly because they can't figure out how to put a heal card in their deck.

A heal card!?

I can put 2 voodo doctors, 2 farseers , 2 brewmasters and a Priestess of Elune just to MAYBE have a CHANCE at drawing enough to survive. And that leaves me without 5-7 precious card slots taken up for a single classes deck that i MIGHT (likely,currently) will come up against!?

I didn't agree with the Priests nerfs either but it is still a strong class if played correctly. I believe the cost should have remained the same (8) and become a class Legendary.

I feel the same about Pyro.
Edited by MissMaven on 1/10/2014 12:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
01/10/2014 12:02 PMPosted by MissMaven
Lil off-topic now doncha think? xD

It's not off topic. If you believe that the line "The fact still remains that the spell is not fun to play against and needs to be nerfed," justifies a nerf, that means that every person that can make that argument should automatically lead to a nerf. Which means that, if you're saying that's true, Shamans need to be nerfed since rush decks don't find them to be fun to play against.
Reply Quote
It's not off topic. If you believe that the line "The fact still remains that the spell is not fun to play against and needs to be nerfed," justifies a nerf, that means that every person that can make that argument should automatically lead to a nerf. Which means that, if you're saying that's true, Shamans need to be nerfed since rush decks don't find them to be fun to play against.

Have seen you in other "Pyro broken" threads posting the same kind of stuff.. running circles around the fact that the card is not fun and is broken. Done listening now, off to try my new iteration of the shammy deck ( lots of heals)

Wish me luck!
Reply Quote
01/10/2014 12:36 PMPosted by MissMaven
A heal card!?

Shamans are allowed to have bad matchups.

Especially since they specifically are the direct cause of bad matchups for so many decks.

Then again, I also believe that the Healing Stream Totem nerf should be reverted.

01/10/2014 12:36 PMPosted by MissMaven
I believe the cost should have remained the same (8) and become a class Legendary. I feel the same about Pyro.

Legendaries are minions. Not spells, not weapons. Minions.

The only reason anyone would say something like that about Pyro is that you are fully aware that reducing it to one per deck pretty much devastates their odds of ever drawing it at all.

Which is a pretty snide and despicable thing to suggest if you ask me.
Reply Quote
01/10/2014 12:41 PMPosted by MissMaven
running circles around the fact that the card is not fun and is broken.

Ok.

It's not fun and broken that rush decks automatically lose to Shamans.

So your damage spells should all be nerfed.

Sound fair?
Reply Quote
Zelethul posting about me? Guy loves to ride my jock, while not providing any sort of feed back whatsoever.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]