Northshire cleric and out of cards.

This just killed me. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I healed a minion when I had 1 card left and 2 clerics in play. I then proceeded to draw my 1 remaining card and then tried to draw 3 more cards after that, taking 1, 2 and 3 damage and dying.
2 clerics should give me 2 cards, I drew 4, anyone know why this happened?
Reply Quote
priest vs priest and your enemy also have his own cleric on the board?
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 09:27 AMPosted by Lombric
priest vs priest and your enemy also have his own cleric on the board?

They would not make him draw cards, only his clerics would do that.

What did you use to heal your minion? If it was Circle of Healing, is it possible that your enemy had an injured minion in play as well? Or if it was Holy Nova, that you had 2 injured minions? That's all I can think of.
Reply Quote
I can't say entirely for sure, but I'm fairly certain it was my hero ability.
I can't remember what happened, and I was too fast to click end game after I died to actually look at the recent events and check what happened. I can remember being very surprised that I was drawing so many cards though, I was sure something was wrong. I guess that's not very helpful since I can't actually tell what went down though.
Reply Quote
Ummm....it works both ways with Priest v Priest. If you have a Cleric on the board, and he has 2, and you heal a creautre, you're going to draw 3(As well as your opponent, and vice versa when it is his turn). I've used this to win against PvP many times by making him fatigue on my turn(Using a holy Nova when your minions are low is a good way to make him draw 5+ cards).

Moncrief, if you honestly believe that a card's text that explicitly states "When a minion is healed, draw a card." somehow is silenced on your opponent's turn, and only active for you, you got some play testing to do. When I play Priest v Priest against my friend, us having four clerics(2 on each side) and a lesser heal suddenly becomes a hand replenish for both of us.

To the OP, the only way I can see this happening is that he had his own clerics on the board, and you misplayed by healing a minion, without keeping awareness of the board in mind.
Edited by Lamentation on 12/11/2013 12:08 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]