Thoughts on Doom hammer?

I recently have started playing Shaman a lot lately and have done pretty well with it and i was loucky enough to draw 2 doom hammers from card packs however im not too sure if i should include them in my deck, i know that doom hammer + rock biter is a pretty good combo but other than that i don't see much use for the 2 dmg except for just hammering at my opponents hp. What are your thoughts on the card?

Btw this is my current shaman deck, should i include Doom hammer and if i should what should i take out?

2x Lightning Bolt
2x Rockbiter Weapon
2x Ancestral Spirit
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Knife Juggler
2x Feral Spirit
2x Hex
2x Lava Burst
2x Lightning Storm
2x Mana Tide Totem
2x Windspeaker
2x Blood Lust
2x Azure Drake
2x Earth Elemental
2x Fire Elemental
Reply Quote
Not enough lowbie minions, not enough minions in general.

You're going to be !@#$ed at the start if you don't get a moderately ok pull.
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 02:14 AMPosted by Nothing
I recently have started playing Shaman a lot lately and have done pretty well with it and i was loucky enough to draw 2 doom hammers from card packs however im not too sure if i should include them in my deck, i know that doom hammer + rock biter is a pretty good combo but other than that i don't see much use for the 2 dmg except for just hammering at my opponents hp. What are your thoughts on the card?

I haven't tried out doom hammer in game yet, so my thoughts on it are entirely theorycrafting: It doesn't work for me. By the time I can play it, I've probably taken a fair bit of damage (I play a control style deck, so the early game is hard for me) so I don't want to use it to beat my opponent's creatures up too much, and at only 2 damage a hit, it isn't going to do much against 4+ mana drops. That leaves it to be used as a beat face tool. And I'm just not sure I want to dedicate 7 mana to a weapon that I have to use for 3 turns to be mana efficient and that can be interrupted by taunt. I certainly wouldn't run 2 of them.
Reply Quote
You dont need

2x Ancestral Spirit
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze

1x Feral Spirit

1x Blood Lust

1x Earth Elemental
Edited by Artoff on 12/15/2013 10:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
I pulled a gold one and could not resist using it. I only run x1 and mostly because it's shiny and fun. For that mana slot there are simply better choices: Sylvanas, Azure Drakes, Earth Ele, Stamp kodo etc should all be higher on your list for that slot.

It has helped in a few clutch situations, but normally when I pull it I use it as an extra 4dmg to the face, and combos particularly hard if you run blood lusts, or have a rock biter to smack them in the face for 10 as a finisher if your running something a little more aggressive.

I like it for flavor not competitiveness don't craft one imho, but if you run it beat some faces with it and have fun.

"FOR DOOM HAMMER!"
Edited by Kharn on 12/26/2013 4:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've messed around with it a bit, and I will say I do kind of like it just for the mage matchup. Freeze my army? No problem, I can do the last 16 damage myself in a single turn for 7 mana.
Reply Quote
It's good as a 1 of, I use it and 1-2 Stormforged Axe depending on how things are, 2 weapons and more spells against aggro meta and 3 weapons in control meta. I'm not sure on running 2 Doomhammer though I bet someone can pull a list that works well with it.

I got it, a Rockbiter and a Spiteful Smith in arena last week, was awesome haha.
Reply Quote
12/15/2013 10:18 AMPosted by Artoff
You dont need

2x Ancestral Spirit
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze

1x Feral Spirit

1x Blood Lust

1x Earth Elemental

Really? Ancestral Spirit + Earth Elemental is !@#$ing awesome
Reply Quote
u should keep 2 feral doggies earth elemental can be very detrimental if it gets like SWD becuz of overload ancestral spirit can be excluded tooand i think 1 mana tide totem is sufficient
Reply Quote
Doomhammer is one of the best cards in the game, and I believe it's easily the strongest shaman card (maybe fire elemental)
Reply Quote
Until Shamans get a proper healing card, Doomhammer won't be worth it.
Reply Quote
doomhammer is one of the best win conditions in the game, you can get 16 damage out of it, 28 if paired with both rockbiters for 7 mana
Reply Quote
Doomhammer is absolutely amazing, against a class like paladin/warrior more of a board control tool since they heal so much. But it works wonders against Miracle(I once beat a miracle Rogue using only a doomhammer and spells), Handlock, Druid, Hunter, Priest, Mage(especially freeze mage), Aggro(if you live that long) and the mirror. I've found the mirror usually comes down to who draws their doomhammer first. On one hand it helps deal with some of those pesky minions, or it softens them up so your other minions can clear them(1 hit from doomhammer + fire ele = death to a lot of minions) and it tenderizes your opponent setting them up for an Al'Akir turn or something like that.

It let's you race aggro decks, while also doubling as a board control tool. And even though you wanna save the rockbiter combo for lethal, it also helps clear the board if you absolutely have to. It's a really versatile weapon whose only drawback is Harrison Jones. Even if you hold on to it for the 10 damage combo, that's 6 mana for 10 damage. Not the best, but hardly a bad use of mana. There's a reason almost every competitive shaman deck runs this weapon.

I wouldn't recommend running two though, it's an expensive card and because of the durability you can easily find yourself in a situation with 2 in your hand and on real chance to play 1.
Edited by jakdripr on 7/19/2014 4:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just a side note, OP hasn't posted on the forums in two months, and ExtremeMith necroed a 7 month old thread. Some of the info in here isn't appropriate in today's meta compared to 7 months ago back in beta.
Reply Quote
I play only one. Its only viable in combo/control decks. Does not run well with any other type of deck.
Edited by xpowderx on 7/20/2014 4:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]