Probably silly to ask...Argent Commander?

So despite the recent nerf to AC, do you think it's still viable to go and put 2 into a deck?

I have 100 dust, and have been wondering if aas a rogue I'd be better off getting another argent, or going the route of another SI:7 Agent? Or maybe a second Bladed Flurry?

What do you guys think? What's better to get a 2nd version of as a rogue?
Edited by Kiama on 12/12/2013 7:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
As to whether its still worth it in my opinion yes, the nerf does nothing to its auto inclusion status in most decks. I personally don't run with one in my Rogue deck because its a six drop and does not fit well with my decks playstyle.

But its a solid card and easily one of the best cards in the game. The health nerf is irrelevant because of divine shield, no one plays him in the hope that he will survive, he is played to kill a 4 health creature then potentially hit again the next turn worst case scenario your opponent has to use another creature to kill him or a spell he's still 2 for 1 trade in most cases and probably the best value 6 drop in the game.
Reply Quote
Personally, I'd go for a second SI:7 - but that's just because I think he's more versatile in a wide range of Rogue decks.
Reply Quote
Depends entirely on the deck. If you intend to use him as a finisher it doesn't make a big difference. If you intend to use him to attain board control he's not quite as strong any more but there aren't many competitive options.
Reply Quote
I made him killable through the abundance of 2 dmg aoe removal. Which is a great change.
Reply Quote
The Argent Commander is still a 4 damage removal with a 4/2 for 6 Mana card. Its still a great card.

But only if it fits in your deck build. :P
Reply Quote
I took AC out. He is too vulnerable now. It is just 4 damage for 6 mana. How inefficient is that? Eviscerate is at least not confined by taunts and is 2 mana. A 4/2 for 6 mana is the same price as paid as a 3 cost minion and happens to be extremely vulnerable to aoes, low cost cards (backstab anyone), blizzard, stormpike commando.... just a ton of low cost cards and spells. It isn't as good as people think to be auto-include status.

I prefer reserving my high cost cards for more potential. I mean, AC is good but not SO good that it is auto-include. I like ravenholt assassins, stranglethorn tiger... but if I had a more rush deck I would definitely include AC cause I would have cold blood.
Reply Quote
You can run some silly combos with argent commander and shadowstep/cold blood.
Reply Quote
Absolutely worth keeping without a doubt imo. Argent has saved my life so many times, and he still does. The divine shield + charge still guarantees a 2 for 1 minimum.
Reply Quote
12/15/2013 06:49 PMPosted by ishville
Absolutely worth keeping without a doubt imo. Argent has saved my life so many times, and he still does. The divine shield + charge still guarantees a 2 for 1 minimum.

SI7 agent and perditions blade says no guarantees. As well as practically every AOE out there and even shamans 2/3 weapon removes it favorably.
Edited by Ichigo on 12/16/2013 9:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
argent commander good combo with shadowstep, but who run it these days. Nothing from rouge deck work good with shadowstep worth taking it.
Maybe they will add some costly minion with "combo(or battlecry): do something and charge" it will make me (and lot of other too for sure) play shadowstep and then it will became the Day when argent commander will be must in rouge decks

Edit: compare it to stormpike comando and you get your answer if you would take argent you should take stormpike too
Edited by Myrec on 12/18/2013 7:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 09:06 AMPosted by Ichigo

SI7 agent and perditions blade says no guarantees. As well as practically every AOE out there and even shamans 2/3 weapon removes it favorably.

The charge allows you to make the choice in removal, so it is almost guaranteed 2 cards for your one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]