Hero power issue: Dagger mastery

I dont see how +1/-1 is fair at all. 2 mana you summon your knife attack with it. next turn you use the hero ability sense the dagger only has two durability you break it. no good at all. And why not make it stack? Its like your banking that one damage a mage can do each turn for a burst of damage. (sounds quite rogue like to me)
I propose that it just summons the blades and then each time you use it you gain +1/0. Before people yell at me and say then blade furry would become way too good. Just think about it your going to have to wait for a bunch turns before you get that super badass blade flurry, all the while your opponent can see that your banking points.
Reply Quote
Blizzard is not in the habit of going back on nerfs once implemented, so I wouldn't hold my breath on them changing the power back to what it was.

I would rather propose either of the following modifications:

1) The rogue ignores all taunts. Using a weapon on a minion would now be a strategic choice. It also makes sense thematically: a stealthy rogue would be trained to ignore distractions when going after his ultimate target.

2) Using the hero power would count as playing a card for purposes of combo effects. Ideally, you would have the choice of either arming up with the basic dagger, or triggering the combo (in case you already wield one of the improved rogue weapons). That would tie in nicely with all the rogue cards, and would probably encourage their use more than now.
Reply Quote
yeah it should be reworked ,!@#$tiest hero ability by far
oh do 1 dmg for twice where it can be taunted and takes dmg back ... so crappy

as coriolis said it should at least ignore taunt
Reply Quote
12/22/2013 04:25 PMPosted by osea101
Mage's hero power has absolutely no synergy with anything. So at least there is that.

no synergy with poly?
no synergy with their AOEfests?
No synergy with enrage/on damage effects?
No synergy with their DD?
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 09:22 AMPosted by Thaesda
Blade flurry is an AoE that can hit harder than Flamestrike. Next.

blade fury require you to combo with posion dagger or with a good weapon but if not. youre dealing 1 dmg.

Blade furry - 1 card. 1 dmg. 2 mana + (2 mana for weapon)
BF + Poision Dagger - 2 card. 3dmg. 3 mana + (2 mana for weapon)
BF + PS + Assasin Blade - 3 card. 5dmg. 6 mana + (2 mana for weapon)
BF + PS + Perditions Blade - 3 card. 4 dmg. 5 mana

we require to draw 2-3 of the right cards to play good result. we throw more cards than the other class to play an aoe

and you know what happens to a rouge without cards. he plays his dagger 1 dmg that will just reset the durability the next turn. while priest will heal that by 2. while mage can hit a minion without backfiring
Edited by ipeonyou on 12/28/2013 1:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've actually been feeling that rogues got hit overly hard in that fateful nerf and this thread only serves to convince me more of this. I think that the nerf to the hero power was a bit too much, and it should be changed back to it's original function, especially as we've been left with one of the worst hero abilities, perhaps second only to warrior.
Reply Quote
You can find my suggestion here: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/11040454493
In short the hero power gives rogue an immune effect while attacking a minion.
Edited by Tiet0k0ne on 12/29/2013 12:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
I agree the Rogue hero power may need some changes but your argument is poorly constructed. You spend most your time comparing it to other weapons which require CARDS, there's really no room for comparison here: something that doesn't take a card will never be as strong as something that does. The fact that they're all weapons is irrelevant.

Sure you mention how a Warrior's hero power synergizes with their weapons, but you're still not comparing hero power to hero power. The Rogue's is probably the worst overall, but it's the most mana efficient.
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 12:05 PMPosted by Raz
The solution, proposed many times by other people (not my idea) is the following for the Rogue hero power:

2 mana: Equip a 1/2 dagger; if you already have a weapon equipped, give it +1/-1.

This lets you deal 1 damage each turn over two turns, or 2 damage in a single turn but you have to wait two turns to set it up, or buff up a dagger you have equipped, though it lowers duration to do so. Seems like the fairest option all around.

it either needs to be this, or add 1 durability and 1 armor.
Reply Quote
Talking about blade flurry, it's important to note that it also damages de enemy hero, being able to support very agressive plays, while also clearing the board.
Recently I've created a rogue weapons deck, with asassins blades, blade flurry, bloodsail raider and more. It is actually quite good, the major weakness I found was taunt focused decks.
About the change on hero power, I do have to agree with the problem stated, a a plausible change would be:
2 mana - equip a 1/2 weapon.
If a weapon is already equiped, give it +1 damage until the end of the turn.
Reply Quote
Nice necro. But I do agree that even after a year, our Hero Power is the least meaningful in the game.

I would change it so that it counts for Combos at least. Or +1 damage for 1 turn. But something... the OP was very right, it sucks that you equip a weapon from a card so you basically can't use your Hero Power until that weapon breaks. No other weapon wielding class has to deal with that.

It's sad to see that after the Leeroy nerf, the miracle whine died and now basically nobody is on the Rogue forums. Nobody really cares about this class at this time (too bad, because this is the only class I care about). I meet a fellow rogue in the game like once every 30 games.
Reply Quote
It is the second best Hero Power in Arena ( Only Life Tap is above it) imo, due to the mana efficiency.

in constructed, it is still pretty solid. I wouldn't call it the worst (Warrior's simple way too passive, with Priest's being second as it requires a board presence to truly shine). Sure, Rogue's power is pretty pointless with a weapon out, but that's the point of it too. Equip it and use it whenever you need it, and let your mana be used on cards instead.
Reply Quote
I partly agree with you, but I'm still not convinced. The other classes have synergy with their Hero Powers (you mentioned Warrior: it has minions and cards that give him armor/use his armor like crazy (e.g. Shield Slam, Shield Block, Armorsmith, etc., supported by the weapons - now they will get Shieldmaiden). Priest has minions that work with his healing ability, and also spells (e.g. Shadowform, Northshire Cleric, Auchenai, and everything else that has to do with health boosting since he can just heal the minion every turn)). Rogue has what? Deadly Poison and Blade Flurry.

Now with GvG there will be at least one minion that will synergize with our Hero Power, the Goblin Auto-Barber, but all the other revealed ones are just regular minions that have nothing to do with your daggers. Hopefully there will be more cards (not much, just another 2, pleeease) that will have an effect on our Wicked Daggers.
Reply Quote
There's some more indirect synergy. Deadly Poison is a direct synergetic card that buffs as we all know, but it is also a combo-starter card which is the indirect synergy. It can be used to finish off 3/5 health minions after a Backstab/Eviscerate. It has it's uses. Granted, you can argue that Mage's power is better at this due to no face damage in return, but this Rogue trades the face damage for a far, far more important resource; mana. And honestly, few decks these days runs a big combo-finisher you need to play around (savage-force and task+grom are the only that pops to mind).

So, the synergy is more subtle and works somewhat in the same way as mage's with the ability to spend the mana on a dead turn and wait many turns before actually using it.

And to be fair the only buff I'd give the Hero power is that it activates Combos.

excuse my spelling/grammar but im writing on my phone
Reply Quote
I'd be perfectly happy if the daggers would allow combos. In most cases, that's all you need, not even the +1 damage.
Reply Quote
11/24/2014 02:48 PMPosted by HoyHoy5
Talking about blade flurry, it's important to note that it also damages de enemy hero, being able to support very agressive plays, while also clearing the board.
Recently I've created a rogue weapons deck, with asassins blades, blade flurry, bloodsail raider and more. It is actually quite good, the major weakness I found was taunt focused decks.
About the change on hero power, I do have to agree with the problem stated, a a plausible change would be:
2 mana - equip a 1/2 weapon.
If a weapon is already equiped, give it +1 damage until the end of the turn.

Way to bring a thread that doesn't matter that you know was made in 2013 back to the first page moron

Edit: this is 2014 2 days before thanksgiving almost 1 years since the last post wow
Edited by Piviot on 11/25/2014 9:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/25/2014 09:23 PMPosted by Piviot

Way to bring a thread that doesn't matter that you know was made in 2013 back to the first page moron

And what exactly changed in regards to the Rogue's Hero Power that makes this observation irrelevant?

If you think 'nothing', you are right.
Edited by Aidames on 11/26/2014 3:18 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]