No luck with avenging wrath

I play Guardian of Kings and Repentance
Enemy plays Lord of Arena
Lord of Arena gets reduced to 1 health cause of Repentance
I play Avenging Wrath

and somehow all !@#$ing 8 hits miss the Lord of Arena and hit his hero.

Pretty much wasted 3 cards for 1 his card
I hate it when the Gods of Luck are against you....

BTW he didn't have any more minions on the field it was just a lonely Lord of arena with 1 health
Reply Quote
Ok?
Reply Quote
I always use Avenging wrath. It's practically a Pyroblast. The issue with the card is that YES on occasion it doesn't hit the targets you want, but to make this card effective you need to have some type of board control, and it should supplement your attacks not be the main source of attack unless your out of options.

I am expecting it to not hit the targets I want, and if it does then fantastic, but again I expect it not to, so for that reason I try to only use it when im in descent position, damaged enemy minions on the board, a finisher or for when warlocks try and drop cheap 1,2,3 cost minions on the board. Many times it get's them low enough on health that I can consecrate the following turn followed by a minion or two of my own.

So in conclusion, the card is good, expect it to miss it's mark and if you find your never having ideal situations to ever play it effectively then your deck needs work.
Reply Quote
I had the opposite luck lastnight. i used it against a ragnaros hoping to knock 4 health off it and use my argent commander that was on my side to get the other 4. I shot and all 8 hit rag. I was like omg! So i just ran commander into heroes face instead. Bonus!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]