Lore-fitting common cards for a Paladin?

Hey folks, I'm not super-deep into WoW lore, so I need a bit of help here.
Basically, I want to make a "themed" paladin deck, wherein it can only have cards that are either paladin class specifics, or thematically/lorewise fit with the paladin (an example would be Scarlet Crusader).

I've already looked at all the cards that have an affect related to divine shield, but I'm a bit at a loss at other common minions. For example, Master Swordsmith - the dude in the image looks like he's in plate armour, so ... that's paladin? Or, what about Acolytes of Pain? Plate armour, but kind of a dark effect and a dark image tone, very unlike the golden hues of Pally colours. And where do the dwarfs fit into this? Like.. dark iron dwarf, or ironforge rifleman.. Do they fit?
Reply Quote
As you've said, anything that's gold and has divine shield. Riflemen is more of a hunter, Pain dudes seem more like warlock maybe warriors, dark iron dwarf seems like he was a paladin but went to the dark side so to speak. If you want a "Righteous and holy" themed deck then Shattered Sun cleric among others would fit.

Please note this is all speculative and not what I know but rather what I think.

edit: Silver Hand Knight is a common you would want to include for sure.
Edited by Zac on 12/15/2013 4:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
The paladin deck has a lot of support for theme.
If you're familiar with Warcraft lore (Sounds like a dumb thing to mention, but some people did pick up Hearthstone without playing WoW or WC), you'll notice the following titles as paladin-oriented:
Shattered Sun
Argent Crusade / Argent Dawn (Argent)
Blood Knight
Anything in shining armor, or golden-looking
Aldor
Draenei typically go towards paladins (Defender of Argus)
Sunwalker

I'm sure there are others, but they have a fairly distinct theme. There's a few grey areas (Lightwarden is more for priests, but looks paladin-like) where priests and warriors may intermingle, but the list of keywords or identifiers will push you forward.

Paladin decks also favor Divine Shield and/or taunt. Some may also provide some healing benefits to an extent, but I haven't seen any of that yet.
Reply Quote
Aura cards :O, not sure how to implement this into the game but auras would be awsome.
Reply Quote
Alright, thanks for responses. Hm.. So I guess the riflemen are out, then. I suppose they did feel a bit odd, I just went with them because their armour looked similar to paladin's garbs.

Hadn't considered def. of argus, to be to be honest. Thanks for tipping me towards that!
Reply Quote
Paladins have golden armor and big maces. Brown hooded riflemen are out of question. :p
Reply Quote
Here are the minions that imo fit the paladin theme

1 mana
Argent Squire

2 mana
Master Swordsmith
Sunfury Protector

3 mana
Scarlet Crusader
Shattered Sun Cleric

4 mana
Defender of Argus
Silvermoon Guardian

5 mana
Silver Hand Knight

6 mana
Argent Commander
Sunwalker

7 mana
Stormwind Champion
Reply Quote
I did the same thing and it worked out pretty well

Minions
Argent Commander – 6
Argent Protector –2
Aldor Peacekeeper – 3
Defender of Argus – 4
Guardian of Kings – 7
Tauren Warrior – 3
Spellbreaker – 4
Tirion Fordring – 8

Tauren Warrior might be the only out of place minion lore wise . But when it comes to fighting with honor Taurens kind of epitomize that value.
Reply Quote
Scarlet Crusaders don't fit lorewise at all, because the only Paladin hero currently available is Uther, so you're essentially making an Alliance deck, and Scarlets wouldn't be seen within a ten mile radius of Alliance or Horde or undead or... anyone but their own kind.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]