Rank 8 Cheap Warrior Deck (CC=700)

12/15/2013 01:24 PMPosted by KaRa
Same, I would like to know which blues would improve your deck :)

12/14/2013 08:48 PMPosted by Chenobi
I know this deck is cheap. Are there any more expensive cards that you would put in if you had the dust, that would also make it better? Which cards would they replace?

Probably would change a yeti for windrunner... Honestly no idea how to make this better. I've been experimenting with other warrior decks on this forum and I've fallen to rank 12. T.T
Reply Quote
12/15/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Vaporaction
Same, I would like to know which blues would improve your deck :)

I know this deck is cheap. Are there any more expensive cards that you would put in if you had the dust, that would also make it better? Which cards would they replace?

Probably would change a yeti for windrunner... Honestly no idea how to make this better. I've been experimenting with other warrior decks on this forum and I've fallen to rank 12. T.T

OK thanks for the feedback.
Have you tried Gyll's deck?
Anw I have been more sucessful with your deck (even if it seems weaker)...
Reply Quote
12/15/2013 03:42 PMPosted by KaRa

OK thanks for the feedback.
Have you tried Gyll's deck?
Anw I have been more sucessful with your deck (even if it seems weaker)...

I've tried some variations of Gyll's deck. I'm kind of broke atm so its hard (only been playing this game for like a week or so).

Like I said, I'm pretty bad with them :D.
Reply Quote
Howdy again. So I decided to try out your aggressive version, and while I liked it, I felt it had some struggles with the late game. I ended up adding some higher rarity cards, and I've been on a roll since (several win streaks up to 5 where they no longer exist, and now I"m up to rank 4)! So if you are looking to update the deck with some rare/epic/legends, here is what I suggest (in no particular order):

-2 molten giants. These things have made my late game a dream. aggressively use your weapons on creatures, and then as you health drops, these finish the job. They have made my warlock matchup a joke and mage is much easier too when they come of out nowhere (with charge from commanders)
-2 defender of argus. go great with the giants, good buffs overall. I pulled the inventors and put these in their place and love them. Since I am usually the agro deck, i almost always have 2 creatures to buff, and the taunt is quite relevant.
-Frothing berserker. one of the best 3 drops in the game. can take over games on their own. I only have 1 right now in my deck, but its the first card i want to add if i feel something isn't pulling its weight (which right now everything is).
-1 gorehowl. I replaced 1 reaper with this, and it helps quite a bit. makes sure you can keep the board clear, and there are many times where your opponent keeps their life in the 6-7 range thinking they are safe from reapers only to take a howl to the face.
-Sylvanas - not much to say. she's just great in this current metagame of giants everywhere (and helps the druid matchup alot)
-Ragnaros - also not much to say. he's just a beast.

Here's my current version:
2x (1) Abusive Sargent
2x (1) Argent Squire
2x (1) Execute
1x (2) Knife Jungler
2x (2) Mad Bomber
2x (2) Loot Hoarders
2x (2) Novice Engineer
2x (2) Fiery War Axe
1x (3) Frothing Berserker
2x (3) Warsong Commander
2x (4) Dark Iron Dwarf
2x (4) Defender of Argus
1x (5) Arcanite Reaper
1x (5) Sylvanas Windrunner
2x (6) Argent Commander
1x (7) Gorehowl
1x (8) Ragnaros
2x (20) Molten Giant
Reply Quote
Here's my current version:
2x (1) Abusive Sargent
2x (1) Argent Squire
2x (1) Execute
1x (2) Knife Jungler
2x (2) Mad Bomber
2x (2) Loot Hoarders
2x (2) Novice Engineer
2x (2) Fiery War Axe
1x (3) Frothing Berserker
2x (3) Warsong Commander
2x (4) Dark Iron Dwarf
2x (4) Defender of Argus
1x (5) Arcanite Reaper
1x (5) Sylvanas Windrunner
2x (6) Argent Commander
1x (7) Gorehowl
1x (8) Ragnaros
2x (20) Molten Giant

I really believe that this deck is the best warrior deck I've seen for the current meta. Only thing I'm fuzzy about is the ragnaros consistently carrying his weight in matches and a Frothing being the best choice to replace it.

Have you tried using 1x bloodsail raider/wolfrider over the ragnaros?

Anyways, you should probably make a separate topic for it somewhere, this deck list could probably pave the way for warrior to become a top tier class again :D
Edited by Vaporaction on 12/16/2013 12:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
How come no use of faerie dragons? I always see them in most good decks, does it just not go well with these warrior decks? Powerful versus all types of spells and forces minions down.

And you just have to rely on yolo bombers to take care of blood imps right? Otherwise they'll never go away
Edited by Chenobi on 12/16/2013 2:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
This is a great cheap deck, i have no idea why its that good. currently trying it out and so far satisfied!
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 06:33 AMPosted by FatHuntresS
This is a great cheap deck, i have no idea why its that good. currently trying it out and so far satisfied!

It's good because over half the cards are very reliable 1-3 drops, meaning the chance of you getting a really bad hand that won't be able to do anything is small
Reply Quote

Only thing I'm fuzzy about is the ragnaros consistently carrying his weight in matches and a Frothing being the best choice to replace it.

Anyways, you should probably make a separate topic for it somewhere, this deck list could probably pave the way for warrior to become a top tier class again :D

Welp, just hit rank 2, so I'll probably start my own thread since this deck just keeps winning. Rag is good, although he is probably the last expensive card i would add (gorehowl > Sylvanas > giants > Rag), but he does a really good job. His haste is fantastic against mages, and since I"m using weapons agressively to keep the board clear, rarely does he have to hit random stupid minions. He's also another great Defender of Argus target.

As for the other cards to possibly add, i've tried bloodsail, but found that you need a minimum of 5 weapons to consistently get the bonus. He's in my "control" version where i typically have a weapon and am ok delaying dropping him, but in this deck, i want cards that trade effectively or go to the face quickly. Warhound feels like a bad 4/3 charge, and i don't particularly care for him either. Its 3 mana to remove a 3 toughness creature. Where berserker is a 2/4 that grows out of control very quickly and your opponent needs to find an answer for him. I prefer to do the deck that says "answer this or lose" instead of "I found an answer to your card"

Anyway, i'll go into more detail on my post and certainly link back to your original since that is where it all started.
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Acula

Only thing I'm fuzzy about is the ragnaros consistently carrying his weight in matches and a Frothing being the best choice to replace it.

Welp, just hit rank 2, so I'll probably start my own thread since this deck just keeps winning. Rag is good, although he is probably the last expensive card i would add (gorehowl > Sylvanas > giants > Rag), but he does a really good job. His haste is fantastic against mages, and since I"m using weapons agressively to keep the board clear, rarely does he have to hit random stupid minions. He's also another great Defender of Argus target.

As for the other cards to possibly add, i've tried bloodsail, but found that you need a minimum of 5 weapons to consistently get the bonus. He's in my "control" version where i typically have a weapon and am ok delaying dropping him, but in this deck, i want cards that trade effectively or go to the face quickly. Warhound feels like a bad 4/3 charge, and i don't particularly care for him either. Its 3 mana to remove a 3 toughness creature. Where berserker is a 2/4 that grows out of control very quickly and your opponent needs to find an answer for him. I prefer to do the deck that says "answer this or lose" instead of "I found an answer to your card"

Anyway, i'll go into more detail on my post and certainly link back to your original since that is where it all started.

I know it looks bad, but I think you should try giving a warhound a go over the ragnaros for two or three games.

The thing about warhound is that while he's not a very pretty card to theory craft like ragnaros is, but his damage is easy to manipulate and because of that it synergizes really well with your other chargers/dark iron dwarfs/sargent.

The main reason I suggested him, however, is because to me it looks like this deck is weakest on turns 4+5, and that this card might give you some options that you didn't have before.

The only reason I suggested raider, was because that's the most common alternative that people take. I really feel strongly that a single warhound will be a better card than ragna for this deck, I don't have the same feeling about the raider and only chose him because others recommend him a lot.
Edited by Vaporaction on 12/16/2013 12:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot for posting this man, been doing very well since I started using it
Reply Quote
Is this still viable with the recent nerf to the warriors?
Anything you would add/remove/change?
Reply Quote
Can you recommend a warrior deck that is still viable, i am just sick of constantly losing for 2 days, after this broken patch. Acula: Should i try out your deck? Is it still viable? The only problem i just hate Molten Giant, this card is so broken, and i have to craft one.
Reply Quote
still plenty, plenty, of viable warrior builds. Why dont you think about how to make an efficient warrior deck instead of just net decking
Reply Quote
01/19/2014 08:34 AMPosted by RedBeardBD
still plenty, plenty, of viable warrior builds. Why dont you think about how to make an efficient warrior deck instead of just net decking

i tried many times, i used my own deck for 3 weeks (improved it for a long time) then after the patch i cannot make a decent deck at all. Dont know why.
Reply Quote
So as soon as i place down a minion, it dies instant, warlock and hunter and mages have tons of removals. I just cant keep a single minion alive to the next turn.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]