can rogues have some more weapon buffs?

I mean their special effect literally gives them a weapon. You'd think theyd have all the nice weapon stuff. It also makes sense that theyd be more reliant on direct damage than anything else or so I think
Reply Quote
I actually thing that the weapon nerf rogues had was a bit much. The only broken part about it was the fact that you could create a 1/2 weapon on one turn, then the next turn buff it to 2 damage if you needed.

I think a better way moving forward would be to interact like this:

Create a 1/2 dagger, or if a weapon is already equipped give it +1 attack for this turn only.

That way if you dont have a weapon equipped it ONLY gives you a 1/2 dagger (no more buffing the 1/2 dagger) but if you have a different weapon equipped then it buffs it up instead.
Reply Quote
They should do something like in WoW. I can't remember exactly how it goes but everytime you do stuff you get one of those dots and when you get enough you get bonus stuff
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 02:44 PMPosted by SeiryuBox
They should do something like in WoW. I can't remember exactly how it goes but everytime you do stuff you get one of those dots and when you get enough you get bonus stuff

They already have that in the form of "combo" card mechanic.

@topic

I actually feel the same, just about every hero power is stronger than the rogue's dagger mastery.

Personally, I like the idea of being able to buff your equipped item.

Mechanically speaking, I think the best approach would be to spawn a 1/2 dagger card to your hand with 0 mana cost and a combo effect of adding those stats to an already equipped weapon.

e.g. if you've got a 3/3 weapon and cast a card from your hand for the combo mechanic, casting the 1/2 dagger after that would buff your 3/3 into a 4/5 dagger.

Then again, there would be the simplest solution that would read something like this.

Hero power: repair one durability on your equipped weapon, if no weapon is equipped, equip a 1/1 dagger instead.

Thoughts on this?
Reply Quote
Dead right, When fighting a Priest they heal more than your dagger can do at any point making it nearly impossible to even out the fight. Either they need to buff the dagger to at least 2/2 or maybe switch it up and make it a random poison buff once a dagger is equipped.
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 12:34 AMPosted by KlinaVorn

They already have that in the form of "combo" card mechanic.

@topic

I actually feel the same, just about every hero power is stronger than the rogue's dagger mastery.

Personally, I like the idea of being able to buff your equipped item.

Mechanically speaking, I think the best approach would be to spawn a 1/2 dagger card to your hand with 0 mana cost and a combo effect of adding those stats to an already equipped weapon.

e.g. if you've got a 3/3 weapon and cast a card from your hand for the combo mechanic, casting the 1/2 dagger after that would buff your 3/3 into a 4/5 dagger.

Then again, there would be the simplest solution that would read something like this.

Hero power: repair one durability on your equipped weapon, if no weapon is equipped, equip a 1/1 dagger instead.

Thoughts on this?

would only be the most broken mechnic in the game.We deadly poison a weapon and have a 3 power weapon for the rest of the game? Don't think that would happen lol. I feel like rogue hero power is good where it is right now. I am rank 3 with only rogue and feel like it is a fine hero ability. Id say mage is better, and ours is second actually as far as all hero powers go. Hero powers aren't meant to be completely broken, they are meant to be fairly weak actually.
Reply Quote
No offense JimbozGrapes but the warlock ability is more powerful, as well as the priest considering how well the priest combo's and keeps his minions alive, oh and he will actually gain health if we attack with our ability every turn, an he heals every turn.
Reply Quote
When they roll out more cards, I'm sure more weapon buff options will come for rogues.

The weapon is both the rogue's strength and weakness. Good players are aware of all their resources: mana, cards, and for weapon classes - health. Let's say your opponent has a northshire cleric. Backstab + dagger poke - no question this exchange is worth the 1 health you lose.

Then your opponent puts out a 4/5 value yeti. You combo out an eviserate, then finish the 4/1 with your dagger. Is losing 4 health worth killing the yeti? Well, that's a tougher question. Would you give up 4 health or would you rather use Backstab+evis? Well you save 4 health but that's a 2 for 1 card disadvantage.

Early game most players would lose health and keep card advantage. Late game, it varies.

The rogue hero power is not the best but it's not the tragic mess some people make it. It allows rogues to use their health to gain board advantage at nearly every turn. Deciding when to use it is what makes rogue a tough class to play.

The one change I would like is for the rogue power to trigger combos. Combo just becomes a tough mechanic late game.
Reply Quote
Rogue shoud have 2 weapons at the same time, but no of cards. for example,

hero power + hero power, or weapon of a card + hero power, at make 2 damage tanking 2 times damage. Or something , because have a weapon is wasting your hero power.
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Sykomyke
I actually thing that the weapon nerf rogues had was a bit much. The only broken part about it was the fact that you could create a 1/2 weapon on one turn, then the next turn buff it to 2 damage if you needed.

Create a 1/2 dagger, or if a weapon is already equipped give it +1 attack for this turn only.

That way if you dont have a weapon equipped it ONLY gives you a 1/2 dagger (no more buffing the 1/2 dagger) but if you have a different weapon equipped then it buffs it up instead.

Really nice idea, i think they should think about it.
Reply Quote
12/22/2013 05:27 AMPosted by nlzkiler

Really nice idea, i think they should think about it.

buffing weapon will be OP (blade fury) maybe just +1 hero attack
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]