Paladin OP, nerf pls.

Use small minions? They can counter that.
Use strong minions? They can counter that.
Use spells? They can counter that.
Try to outlast them? Nope, ridiculously overpowered cards in every area, good luck surviving.
All of their cards are extremely mana efficient, or very cost effective, however you want to say it. There IS no "consistent" way to beat paladin. You can't get enough removal to get rid of their strong minions, as well as the small ones they buff. And if you even THINK of playing a strong minion yourself, kiss it goodbye.

See a paladin in an arena? May as well auto-concede. Even if you start strong they'll come back and overwhelm you. There goes 20 minutes of your life, wasted.

Think you've got board control? Nope, they're better at everything.
Even IF you think they're "balanced" there is absolutely no denying they're a bunch of frustrating, anti-fun jerks. So one way or another, something needs changed. I've had enough of them, as well as the entire playerbase that DOESN'T play paladin as their "main class."

Even if they're not directly "nerfed" something needs to be done to make them less of an aggrovation, and waste of time to fight.
Reply Quote
Disclaimer: I main Paladin. I also try to be reasonable.

"Use small minions? They can counter that."
Well, yes. So does Hunter with Explosive Trap. Or Druid/Warlock/Shaman/Mage/Priest with their AoE. Rogue has Fan of Knives, which is not THAT good, but still is something. Only Warrior doesn't have AoE removal though. (I don't think Whirlwind can be considered removal...)

"Use strong minions? They can counter that."
Yes, Pallies can use Blessing of Kings on a recruit and smash a 5-health creature. Or use Hammer of Wrath. Or use Peacekeeper's Battlecry. Holy Wrath is also available, yes, but it's kinda unreliable. Truesilver Champion is a very strong card, i'll give you that.
There's also the divine shield thing, that can be frustrating to play against, but then again, divine shield isn't exclusive to Pallies.

"Use spells? They can counter that. "
Care to give some examples?

"Try to outlast them? Nope, ridiculously overpowered cards in every area, good luck surviving."
I assume you are talking about healing cards such as Holy Light, Guardian of Kings and Lay on Hands. Well, consider the fact that Pallies use (or should use) Truesilver as creature removal and the healing cards make sense. Holy Light kinda sucks, maybe the other 2 they are a bit too strong, dunno.

"All of their cards are extremely mana efficient, or very cost effective, however you want to say it"
Have to agree with you on this one, can't think of any Paladin card which isn't cost-efficient. Let me just remind you that class-specific cards are stronger than neutral cards, which sounds right.

"See a paladin in an arena? May as well auto-concede"
That's just plain stupidity. By auto-conceding, you will NEVER learn how to win against them. Reminds me of the players who said they auto-conceded against Priests because "they're OP".

"Think you've got board control? Nope, they're better at everything."
Exactly how? You realize we don't have hard removal like Hex/Polymorph/Assassinate/Naturalize? Sure, there's Equality/Consecration, but come on. How often do you see people using it? I've seen people using Wild Pyromancer + Equality way more often that Equality Consecration.

"Even IF you think they're "balanced" there is absolutely no denying they're a bunch of frustrating, anti-fun jerks"
Freeze Mages? I-Haz-All-Da-Removal-And-Extra-Cards Priests? Explosive Shot+Gladiator's Bow+Traps, Traps Everywhere+Eaglehorn Bow's Control Hunter?
Pallies are the frustrating to play against, anti-fun jerks?

"I've had enough of them, as well as the entire playerbase that DOESN'T play paladin as their "main class." "
Oh really? Proof?

"Even if they're not directly "nerfed" something needs to be done to make them less of an aggrovation, and waste of time to fight."
Pointing that out and not giving examples? Surely you can think of something?
Reply Quote
Lol. QQ
Reply Quote
I brought my care cup.
Please fill it with your precious delicious tears!
I drink them down.
Reply Quote
From an arena standpoint I believe Paladin is the most OP class (yes even compared to mage). I only have a 56% winrate vs Paladins whereas the other classes all range from 60-78%. This might be in part due to my playstyle but i bleieve most of this is because Truesilver champion only costs 4 mana. Move this up to 5 and I believe most of the OPness of Paladin will fix itself. Besides Paladin already has too many incredibly powerful 4s.
Reply Quote
Played around 20 games today as both Shaman and Druid (current level 16, no legendaries), only lost to paladins, didn't meet a single mage - go figure.

Last game felt like a replay of another 2 runs today:
X2 Aldor Peacekeeper (countered both my early innervated Venture Co. and Druid of the Claw)
X2 Sword of Justice (completely screwed me over; got the first Ooze on turn 5 after the Sword was cast on 3, didn't get the second one in time. After first Ooze, guess what? Truesilver.)
X1 Equality + Pyromancer (wiped a Yeti and an Ironbark)
X1 Equality + 3x Novices (wiped an Ancient of War, a Shattered Sun and some other minion)
X2 Blessing of Kings on Recruits and Argent Squires with Divine Shields on top while sending Hammers of Wrath and an Avenging Wrath on anything I played
X1 Lay on hands after one of the board clears (good play, can't fault that one, though I had lethal next turn, but no more)
X2 Guardian of Kings to heal him up to ridiculous amounts
X1 Ragnaros (ran a 3/2 into him and finished with a Starfire after bombing one of my Yetis)

My deck:

X1 Starfire
X2 Swipe
X1 Healing Touch
X1 Power of the Wild
X1 Claw
X2 Wrath
X1 Naturalize
X1 Innervate

X1 Ironbark Protector
X1 Ancient of War
X1 Druid of the Claw
X1 Keeper of the Grove

X1 Argent Commander
X1 Venture Co. Mercenary
X1 Faceless Manipulator
X1 Silver Hand Knight
X1 Sen'jin Shieldmasta
X1 Chillwind Yeti
X1 Cult Master
X1 Dark Iron Dwarf
X1 Spellbreaker
X1 Shattered Sun Cleric
X1 Harvest Golem
X2 Acidic Swamp Ooze
X1 Loot Hoarder
X2 Wargen Infiltrator

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not, but after a certain turn 3 it felt as if I was just throwing cards on the board. After facing Hunter's OTKs, Priest's efficient removals and MCs, Mage's freezes and pyros and now this, I feel like I've reached a limit where the game is not fun anymore, not in Play at least. Arena, however, has been bugged for a week now (EU), so no joy, really.

I'm curious, does any of you see a problem with my deck (considering I don't have Nourish, Force of Nature, Ancient of Lore and/or legendaries)? And please spare me the QQs and l2ps, I'm not here to whine, but to ask for advice. Every game needs to be balanced both before and after the release, including Hearthstone. As long as that doesn't happen, there will be discussions and there will be people complaining and QQ-ing - think Starcraft and how long that took.
Reply Quote
I prefer to have 2 of a lot of cards over 1. The more chance you have of getting a card the more chance you have of doing whatever combo is in your deck. I just think that's a lot of 1's in your deck. could probably trim it down and add 2's of certain cards. It's generic advice but I figure its worth it.
Reply Quote
ahh.. another nerf post from the OP.. look at his thread history .. all of them have been nerf posts,, I think he just doesn't like losing.
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Ridley
I prefer to have 2 of a lot of cards over 1. The more chance you have of getting a card the more chance you have of doing whatever combo is in your deck. I just think that's a lot of 1's in your deck. could probably trim it down and add 2's of certain cards. It's generic advice but I figure its worth it.

Thank you for the reply, Ridley.

I usually pick 1 of each and just sometimes 2 because I feel it gives me more options and they complement each other better than otherwise. There are some cards, such as the fire elemental in a Shaman's case, that I would go 4+ with and there is also the issue that I do not currently have 2 Mercs, Ancients and so on. I will, however, try what you said and pick more pairs for a couple of decks, see how that goes.
Reply Quote
With the Mage nerfs we can expect this board to be littered with similar threads for the next month or so
Reply Quote
paladin is really problematic. It was just overshadowed by mage. Now that mage has been nerfed people will realize that paladin is actually overpowered compared to many of the other classes. That or many are just underpowered.....
Reply Quote
I think paladin is in an ok place, I'd prefer buffs for some of the weaker classes rather that wholesale nerfs until everyone sucks.

If I was to nerf anything it would be some of the 2-for-1 cards toned down *slightly*
Reply Quote
Every single mage that played lame !@# decks will play Paladin or Druid now because they have TOTAL control of the game from 1 to end and ridiculous heals. NERF INC enjoy it while u can.
Reply Quote
They should be nerfed; you have an equipment card that deals 4 damage and heals for 2 for 4 freaking mana.

Cost efficient is just the beginning of it; this class is the most op in the game now.
Reply Quote
rogue has bladefurry aswell and warrior has brawl stopped reading after that but i dont agree with op either pally has hard time with strong stuff they need to equality combo to deal with anything large
Reply Quote
only problem is paladins late game cards, they are way too mana effective (I'm looking at you Tirion)
and only answer to this is "save your hard removal until they paladins do they think"
they stand you to defensive position in every match up
some warlock aggro can protest but they will run out of steam when palis come to powermode

Edit: and to one who lose against that paladin in arena
you had kind of bad curve
Edited by Myrec on 12/20/2013 4:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
Have you ever heard cards like owl, big game hunter, faceless manipulator?
please learn how to use them, if you dont own lgendaries yourself. there are plenty strategies to own a paladin. your failure to do so does not mean nerfing. how about some new cards to boost other classes instead.
Reply Quote
Wow instead of hoping for nerf why not spend time countering it, in MTG no one rages about a deck they all are smart and learn counters and strategies in winning, like wtf guys if u think their op then just play paladins. I play Hunter and every time i go up against Paladin i make sure i dont let the game go to late game cause paladins suck early game all they do is removal spells and damage and crap, so just play smart and u will win trust me! There are so many sources that teach u how to counter all decks, try rouge i think they have a good chance!

12/18/2013 02:29 AMPosted by solus
Use small minions? They can counter that.
Use strong minions? They can counter that.
Use spells? They can counter that.
Try to outlast them? Nope, ridiculously overpowered cards in every area, good luck surviving.
All of their cards are extremely mana efficient, or very cost effective, however you want to say it. There IS no "consistent" way to beat paladin. You can't get enough removal to get rid of their strong minions, as well as the small ones they buff. And if you even THINK of playing a strong minion yourself, kiss it goodbye.

See a paladin in an arena? May as well auto-concede. Even if you start strong they'll come back and overwhelm you. There goes 20 minutes of your life, wasted.

Think you've got board control? Nope, they're better at everything.
Even IF you think they're "balanced" there is absolutely no denying they're a bunch of frustrating, anti-fun jerks. So one way or another, something needs changed. I've had enough of them, as well as the entire playerbase that DOESN'T play paladin as their "main class."

Even if they're not directly "nerfed" something needs to be done to make them less of an aggrovation, and waste of time to fight.
Reply Quote
Blessing of Kings + Divine Shield enough said, Don't give me that "Silence" crap either. Unless I shove my deck full of silence, I can't have enough silence to deal with the endless nonsense. Of course, there comes Tirion Fordring late game anyways, so what about my silence again?
Reply Quote
palas have !@#$loads of healing nerf this %^-* already its ABSURD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]