Paladins are extremely overpowered.

"Kings, plz. Kthx."
Reply Quote
lol no. hunters are OP. I constantly get owned by them, because of their OP cards.
Reply Quote
lol no. hunters are OP. I constantly get owned by them, because of their OP cards.

Thnx for a good laugh
Reply Quote
12/28/2013 01:04 PMPosted by BuzzinGoober

Dat 1/1 wolf with the uber doom aura.
Too powerful. It's like they can stick a paladin token on every beast they summon.
Nerf plox.
Edited by Hamsta on 12/28/2013 10:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Paladins are essentially invincible with all their heals, and if they have Tirion Fordring, then it's an auto-win for them. I really hope this joke of a class gets nerfed.
Reply Quote
I just made that deck today! Its amazing. I use cards that boosts minions attack throw some sea giants in and then all the rest are 2 mana or less. I rarely lose.
Reply Quote
12/28/2013 10:51 PMPosted by Forkling
Paladins are essentially invincible with all their heals, and if they have Tirion Fordring, then it's an auto-win for them. I really hope this joke of a class gets nerfed.

Ehh rush decks give paladin a run for their money easily, if you struggle against paladin try play some fast decks, if the paladin run a late oriented deck it can be hard to recover from the early pressure.
Reply Quote
paladins dominate the lower ranks... the higher you get the less pallys you see
Reply Quote
If you're having trouble beating Paladins in ranked play because they are too OP run a fast deck against them. Paladin needs a Consecration in hand by turn 4 and some type of a heal by turn 7 otherwise its too hard to recover.

Once you get into the 12 and lower you lose any card advantage and things seem to balance out a lot.
Reply Quote
Paladins have strong options :
* they have the best board wipe, but it's a 2 card combo that costs six mana.
* They have good low cost minions
* They have good buffs/debuffs

They are poor at direct removal though (hammer does 3 damage for 4 mana) you have to fight the other minions with your minions or weapons. Your gonna have problems against anything that has more than 5-6 health. And against a Zergy player you are gonna need that consecration otherwise it's GG.
Edited by FMCorps on 1/2/2014 6:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
Pls some of you suggest running small mininos and fast deck against paladin and some of you suggest that it seems paladins are OP only for the one who play small minions ... i don't see logic in there
on topic:

• tirion is problem for sure, silence or assassinate is not good enough to stop him, maybe only other legendaries can match his power (rise of Sylvanas Windrunner in rogue decks, if you cannot fight it, take it)
  • next problem is trusilver 4/2 with 2/2 heal if heal is twice effective as dmg then its like 5/2 for 4 mana (arcanite reaper is 5/2 for 5)
  • guardian of kings and lay on hand are very card effective (one card for 2 at least, i will do math for who need) and they are high cost cards so it make paladins end game very effective
  • there are more but it's just top of my head
Edited by Myrec on 1/2/2014 6:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
No fun anymore:

Gaurdian of king + 2x times blessing of Kings + Blessed Champion = 26 dmg ..

Really funny for players who are doing this and destroying the fun in this game.
Reply Quote
They say to run fast decks...

Even with a good hand as warlocks, with low cost minions, in turn 4 your board will be empty.

I agree when they say that pallys are OP, they have heal, lots of buffs,divine shield,aoe dmg,a ridiculos weapon,really good disable with equality and pyro,secrets,direct damage and one the best legendarys.

And their hero power helps alot in the early game.

Nefing true silver,equality, and the heal from lay on hands would help
Edited by Icarus on 1/2/2014 11:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
This class is actually more overpowered than mage, especially in arena. You paladin fanboys making fun of the OP will get your comeupins :D This class is extremely problematic because they have too many overpowered 4 drops. Consecrate and truesilvers straight up win losing games. Some may say consecrate is one of the worst AoE Spells, But they are terribly wrong. It comes way too early at 4 mana and if you consider the synergy with cards such as equality, Avenging wrath, or even the hero power to finish off damaged minions It becomes overpowered. Almost every class card is designed to 2 for 1 the opponent( aldor peacekeeper, argent protector, Hammer of wrath) and most cost extremely little. This class is broken
Reply Quote
"Eye for an Eye". I was playing a Mage that was 100% going to win, but overlooked the fact that I had a secret card up, hit me for 11 with 6 health, after wishing me "good game".

So many smiles.
Reply Quote
They say to run fast decks...

Even with a good hand as warlocks, with low cost minions, in turn 4 your board will be empty.

I agree when they say that pallys are OP, they have heal, lots of buffs,divine shield,aoe dmg,a ridiculos weapon,really good disable with equality and pyro,secrets,direct damage and one the best legendarys.

And their hero power helps alot in the early game.

Nerfing true silver,equality, and the heal from lay on hands would help

They have next to no taunting abilities other than through minion cards (though to be fair, it's not just Paladins). I guess that's mitigated with their healing and shielding abilities, but it doesn't really matter if you have a table full of well shielded minions if your opponent is just going to attack you directly.
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 11:06 AMPosted by Icarus
Nefing true silver,equality, and the heal from lay on hands would help

Would also totally gimp the class many find the most balanced class since Paladin only really shines in healing which is a hit or miss. If using LoH can save a Paladins life vs a rush deck well then the rush deck clearly failed and the odds it should win SHOULD be very low since your on turn 8.
Reply Quote
truesilver should be 5 mana and tirion should have 5/5 max
I would be so happy.
and maybe make LoH heal 6 and GoK 5 or 4
it's all needed here
Reply Quote
truesilver should be 5 mana and tirion should have 5/5 max
I would be so happy.
and maybe make LoH heal 6 and GoK 5 or 4
it's all needed here

And why are these nerfs needed if I may ask? Paladin is not in a dominating position on the ladders at all and they are the class with healing as their thing. If you wanna nerf their healing, you might aswell nerf mages direct damage, warlocks remaining good class cards oh and dont forget warriors weapons, might aswell nerf that aswell.

It's not needed. The fact you even state the nerfs would make you "so happy" seems to question your objective point of these suggestions.
Reply Quote
you know that is just a phrase to say.
and on topic:
truesilver is just plain stronger than all warrior weapons mostly arcanite reaper, heal is counted as half dmg so it's 5/2 for 4 mana...
and tirion is always 2 for 1 card (in opponent play wise and have silence or direct removal) only weakness of his is polymorph and hex
silence should make him a lot weaker, but 6/6 after silence is just too strong
he is as good as rag or ysera but he is only for paladins. why ? look at other class specific legendaries. they need you to use brain, not your opponent (like tirion does).
or make that sword less than SUPER arcanite reaper

and about heal nerf... ok dont nerf heal so make GoK 4/5 and LoH draw only 2 cards... ok ?

I will do math now:
GoK:
7 mana and 1 card to do effect of 5/6 and 6 heal
2 mana and 1 card to 6 heal exist so you have 5 mana and 0 cards to cast 5/6
ok close to it is 5 mana and 1 card to get 5/5 stealth
so to sum it up you get one card better effect cca.
LoH:
8 mana and 1 card to get 3 cards and 8 heal
2 mana and 1 card to 6 heal, 5 mana and 1 card to 3 cards (this have choose one option)
together 7 mana and 2 cards to 3 cards and 6 heal
so 1 more mana to get 2 heal ( priest hero power do less)
so still one more card cost not worth that "choose one"
LoH again:
if dmg is twice as expensive as heal then 8 heal = 4 dmg power
8 mana and 1 card to get 3 cards and 4 "dmg"
6 mana and 1 card to get 1 card and 5 dmg, 3 mana and 1 card to get 2 cards
or
7 mana and 1 card to get 4 cards, 1 mana and 1 card to 3 dmg (only to hero or overload)
sum:
equivalents are: (mana/cards/"dmg power")
7 mana and 2 cards to 3 cards and 6 heal --- -1/+1/-1
9 mana and 2 cards to 3 cards and 5 dmg --- +1/+1/+1
8 mana and 2 cards to 4 cards and 3 dmg --- 0/0/-1
i don't know about you but that card cost for one less mana and less effect is bad
and that more mana and more cards to one more power is bad too
and that equal cost for one less power effect is sad :( just sad :(

PS: ladder position is !@#$ when matchmaking will match everyone against same skilled opponents and if you will face lot of paladins you will try to play against them, but you could same against frost giant mage... play paladin now it's someone else like rogue aggro or warlock
Edited by Myrec on 1/3/2014 4:41 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]