Paladins are extremely overpowered.

Myrec

you know that is just a phrase to say.
and on topic:
truesilver is just plain stronger than all warrior weapons mostly arcanite reaper, heal is counted as half dmg so it's 5/2 for 4 mana...
and tirion is always 2 for 1 card (in opponent play wise and have silence or direct removal) only weakness of his is polymorph and hex
silence should make him a lot weaker

Silence does make Tirion alot weaker if you can't see that stop commenting on cards. your losing the bubble, the taunt, the weapon and your left with a 6/6 for 8 mana, thats a huge change. Fiery war axe is a 3/2 (1 less damage) for only half the mana. I gave up reading all your card numbers simply because it is made poorly.

Besides I think alot can agree warriors need some buffs but their weapons are fine. No reason to gimp the paladin because warriors are in a place where warriors are relying on gimmicky decks.
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 07:51 AMPosted by RoRu
Gaurdian of king + 2x times blessing of Kings + Blessed Champion = 26 dmg ..

You do know what your mentioning is 4 cards done over 3 turns, if your not able to do something vs a big minion that takes 7 mana over 3 turns you lose, goes for other classes aswell.

Besides no Paladin at higher ranks use BoK and Blessed champions simply because the cards are not reliable enough. Blessed champion imo is a terrible card cause you wont get a huge benefit out of it in many games, if any at all.
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 05:29 AMPosted by DòóM
Myrec

you know that is just a phrase to say.
and on topic:
truesilver is just plain stronger than all warrior weapons mostly arcanite reaper, heal is counted as half dmg so it's 5/2 for 4 mana...
and tirion is always 2 for 1 card (in opponent play wise and have silence or direct removal) only weakness of his is polymorph and hex
silence should make him a lot weaker

Silence does make Tirion alot weaker if you can't see that stop commenting on cards. your losing the bubble, the taunt, the weapon and your left with a 6/6 for 8 mana, thats a huge change. Fiery war axe is a 3/2 (1 less damage) for only half the mana. I gave up reading all your card numbers simply because it is made poorly.

Besides I think alot can agree warriors need some buffs but their weapons are fine. No reason to gimp the paladin because warriors are in a place where warriors are relying on gimmicky decks.

i see he is a lot weaker(i mean weaker than now it does now), but normally if you silence something it's made useless or if you just kill it with pyro or some other high dmg (ok ysera and rag are just quite on mark with tirion)
and why you asked about "why nerf that" when you don't read

you cannot compare 6/6 minion to 3/2 weapon !!! look at other 6/6 minions example orge 6/7 ... but he is silenced (has no effects) normal
Edited by Myrec on 1/3/2014 5:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 05:33 AMPosted by DòóM
Gaurdian of king + 2x times blessing of Kings + Blessed Champion = 26 dmg ..

You do know what your mentioning is 4 cards done over 3 turns, if your not able to do something vs a big minion that takes 7 mana over 3 turns you lose, goes for other classes aswell.

Besides no Paladin at higher ranks use BoK and Blessed champions simply because the cards are not reliable enough. Blessed champion imo is a terrible card cause you wont get a huge benefit out of it in many games, if any at all.

what are talking about ? if someone want that high dmg he play aggro deck and BoK is very good in aggro weaker cold blood, and blessed champion on GoK in late game topdecking is god send
Reply Quote
Myrec your a waste of time if you think anyone would use Blessed Champion. its a really bad card and if you actually lose to people using that card maybe you should look at your own deck/mistakes before complaining about a terrible card no one use.
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 05:43 AMPosted by Myrec
what are talking about ? if someone want that high dmg he play aggro deck and BoK is very good in aggro weaker cold blood, and blessed champion on GoK in late game topdecking is god send

Look at what i responded to, it has nothing to do with what you just said, all your doing right now is QQing after silly nerfs that makes no sence.
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 05:47 AMPosted by DòóM
Myrec your a waste of time if you think anyone would use Blessed Champion. its a really bad card and if you actually lose to people using that card maybe you should look at your own deck/mistakes before complaining about a terrible card no one use.

ok true is i win arena with one of them on my naga after BoK it become 14/5 killing blow
Edited by Myrec on 1/3/2014 5:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 05:59 AMPosted by DòóM

Look at what i responded to, it has nothing to do with what you just said, all your doing right now is QQing after silly nerfs that makes no sence.

have you looked on number and why i think that cards deserve nerfs ?
Reply Quote
For simpler minds: Compact version of why these cards need nerf:
heal is twice as effective as dmg so 2 heal points are 1 dmg point
TCh:
4 mana and 1 card to 4 dmg for 2 turns and 2 heal for 2 turns
equivalent: (mana/cards/dmg power)
5 mana and 1 card to 5 dmg for 2 turns --- +1/0/0
GoK:
7 mana and 1 card to summon 5/6 and 6 heal
equivalent: (mana/cards/minion power)
7 mana and 2 card to summon 5/5 stealth and 6 heal ---- 0/+1/ (-1 health + stealth)
LoH:
8 mana and 1 card to get 3 cards and 8 heal
equivalents are: (mana/cards/"dmg power")
7 mana and 2 cards to 3 cards and 6 heal --- -1/+1/-1
9 mana and 2 cards to 3 cards and 5 dmg --- +1/+1/+1
8 mana and 2 cards to 4 cards and 3 dmg --- 0/0/-1
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 06:07 AMPosted by Myrec
7 mana and 2 card to summon 5/5 stealth and 6 heal ---- 0/+1/ (-1 health + stealth)

You cant compare neutral cards to class cards... Class cards are ment to be stronger than neutral minion at the same cost, and your not even doing that.

Dont know why you keep comparing warriors weapons with paladins but if you really like doing that okay.

Lights justice 1/4 for 1 mana, Fiery war axe 3/2 for 2 mana. I think its easy to see which weapon is more usefull.
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 06:17 AMPosted by DòóM

You cant compare neutral cards to class cards... Class cards are ment to be stronger than neutral minion at the same cost, and your not even doing that.

Dont know why you keep comparing warriors weapons with paladins but if you really like doing that okay.

Lights justice 1/4 for 1 mana, Fiery war axe 3/2 for 2 mana. I think its easy to see which weapon is more usefull.

ok you just compared
1 mana and 1 card to get 1 dmg for 4 turns (maybe call it 4 dmg ?)
with
2 mana and 1 card to get 3 dmg for 2 turns (maybe call it 6 dmg ?)
you can pay
2 mana and 0 card to get 1 dmg for 2 turns (maybe call it 2 dmg ?)
to make some magic with numbers...
2 mana and 1 card to get 6 dmg
vs
3 mana and 1 card to get 6 dmg
so Fiery war axe > Lights justice
ok buff that weapon, like 1/6 for 2 mana or 1/5 for 1 mana maybe ? ideas ?
Reply Quote
If you think paladins are OP you're probably closer to rank 25 than you are to legendary.
Reply Quote
12/24/2013 09:26 AMPosted by neroblue
lmfao!!! this made my day! Show me on the doll where the Paladin touched you.

Come on Superanima... show us... pics plz. :)
Reply Quote
Silence is not excuse for tirion, most of the legenderies are destroyed by silence.

We have to think what the card do while not silenced, not everyone run silence in the deck, or draw a silence in the right time.

6/6 divine shield+ taunt+plus weapon is too good. and have a rly easy combo with other cards.

But for me tirion is not the big problem, he's op but what make paladin ridiculos is that he can do and be everything
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 03:37 PMPosted by Icarus
But for me tirion is not the big problem, he's op but what make paladin ridiculos is that he can do and be everything

Really? Plz enlighten me how Paladins can do everything?
Reply Quote

Really? Plz enlighten me how Paladins can do everything?

they have heal, lots of buffs,divine shield,aoe dmg,a ridiculos weapon,really good disable with equality and pyro,secrets,direct damage with hammer and one the best legendarys.

And their hero power helps alot in the early game.

lets not forget the card draw with divine favor
Edited by Icarus on 1/4/2014 5:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 03:37 PMPosted by Icarus
Silence is not excuse for tirion, most of the legenderies are destroyed by silence.

We have to think what the card do while not silenced, not everyone run silence in the deck, or draw a silence in the right time.

6/6 divine shield+ taunt+plus weapon is too good. and have a rly easy combo with other cards.

Silence is a great excuse. Everybody should have a Silence on hand -- Ironbeak Owl or Spellbreaker, specifically to counter big enemy cards like Tirion.

Plus, most classes have direct removal cards for minions, like Assassinate, Polymorph, Hex... Priests have three cards.

The game is not balanced around making every single card a wet noodle, just in case you don't have a counter to it. The game is built around you either having a devastating counter to your opponent's move, or your opponent's move being devastating. The game would be boring if every single card were pitifully weak just because you don't always have a Spellbreaker on hand.
Reply Quote
The game is also boring if one class lacks weaknesses. They are possibly the best balanced class, but in that case everything else (other than mage) could do with a buff.
Reply Quote
01/05/2014 04:21 AMPosted by KromesxD
The game is also boring if one class lacks weaknesses. They are possibly the best balanced class, but in that case everything else (other than mage) could do with a buff.

Are you trying to say that Paladins have no weakness?

Because Paladins are the only class without cheap, effective removal cards. As a Paladin, you have to burn the following to get rid of a big card:

(2) Equality + Minion = 2 + minion
(2) Equality + (2) Wild Pyromancer + (Any) Spell = 4 + Spell (and wipes your minions out if you have them)
(2) Equality + (4) Consecration = 6
(2) Equality + (6) Avenging Wrath = 8 (and may miss the minion you wanted to clear)

Paladins have options, but we have to burn at least two cards to get rid of another Legendary, or any ol' beefy card that's in our way (like an Ironbark Protector). Having to sacrifice two cards from your deck, or weaken your own board, is a huge disadvantage compared to Priests, Mages, Shamans, Rogues, Warlocks, all of whom have cheap and effective removals.

Please note that I'm not saying this needs to be changed, as it's fine for Paladins. I'm just pointing it out as a weakness of the class.
Reply Quote
Thats it for me and this thread. All im seeing is a lot of bad kids complaining here because their no skill warlock agro decks(summon minion--->summon minion--->summon minion--->) got stomped on by a skilled paladin deck. Pfft and knowing how blizzard loves to give the noobs what they want im sure if you keep complaining they will nerf.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]