I feel like hating the game already

Warlocks...
I just don't see how can you call it "FUN" when 7/10 games you play are versus some warlock rush stupidity. This class is literally terrible... What class-specific cards does it use? Hardly any: Blood Imp (x2, played best at turn 1 with coin, if you have somewhat like Multi-Shot then good for you, else you are so deep in trouble), Void and Flame Imp sometimes? Other than that it is full of neutral minions that instantly become ridiculously strong with Blood Imp buff on them...
I already posted a topic on that forum asking people to help me make a deck to counter this new meta, no feedback, after I got downranked from 8 to 10 in a row of loses I just really feel struggled.
The only possible way I see I can counter warlock rush is to have a perfect draw of forked lightenings (I play Shaman) that will always hit Blood Imps and my MadBomber always hits targets that I intend it to hit. Maybe I am doing something wrong? My mind is open, tell me what should I do?

I really think Blizzard should take a look on that class... Now EVERYONE plays it, there is GOT TO BE something wrong with it. I miss playing versus such nice classes like Hunter or Warrior, all I see is Warlocks Warlocks Warlocks.... and Paladins. But mostly Warlocks
Reply Quote
Warlock makes me want to concede every time I see them. Even though I beat them about 50% of the time, they are just not fun to play against.
Reply Quote
first rogues, then priests, then warlocks, then mages, then warlocks.

what else should we nerf?
Reply Quote
Just put two wild pyromancers in your deck, and laugh at said warlocks.
Reply Quote
Aggro will always be top dog in this game. It's designed to be aggro focused just by its mechanics. Every time a non-aggro deck is top in the meta they "adjust" it so it's not nearly as viable again (Hunter OTK, Freeze Mage etc). They prima facie seem to only want aggro decks to do well. It's great for all the Timmy's that play but sucks for everyone that prefers a more skillful game as opposed to playing solitaire that just happens to have someone else playing.

I've learned that pointing it out will just be met with baddie aggro players saying "play better scrub lawl", which is pretty much the standard mentality of the average aggro player. Your post (and mine) will undoubtedly be met with "kill them before they kill you", aka beat aggro by playing aggro which most control players hate. Shaman (according to the Legendary streamers I've heard discuss it) has the best chance to beat lock, but even they only have about a 50% win rate. I wouldn't expect a change from Blizzard either, working as intended.

It's an ok game, has some potential but as it stands looks like it's shaping up to be a pure Timmy game. It may balance out before launch, but I highly doubt it. This seems to be what Blizzard is aiming for in the game.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 08:49 AMPosted by Malscent

Indeed, a very sweet sweep on round three, against the opponent's seven Murlocs:
- Wild Pyromancer
- Coin
- Power Word: Shield

--> Empty board on opponent's side, a 3/2 Wild Pyromancer on mine, ready to kill more next turn.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 08:48 AMPosted by loldotcom

I feel like it is a good idea to nerf anything that damages the balance of the game or it's gamplay, there is nothing wrong with that, ESPECIALLY in closed beta.

12/23/2013 08:30 AMPosted by Zlot
Warlock makes me want to concede every time I see them. Even though I beat them about 50% of the time, they are just not fun to play against.

I think this is because Warlocks are now played too many times compared to other classes, I used to say the same about hunters, priests and mages, now I enjoy battling them (not mages yet, but priests surely)

12/23/2013 08:49 AMPosted by Malscent

I think that might actually work, thank you, I will try

12/23/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Stickyboots
Aggro will always be top dog in this game. It's designed to be aggro focused just by its mechanics. Every time a non-aggro deck is top in the meta they "adjust" it so it's not nearly as viable again (Hunter OTK, Freeze Mage etc). They prima facie seem to only want aggro decks to do well. It's great for all the Timmy's that play but sucks for everyone that prefers a more skillful game as opposed to playing solitaire that just happens to have someone else playing.

I've learned that pointing it out will just be met with baddie aggro players saying "play better scrub lawl", which is pretty much the standard mentality of the average aggro player. Your post (and mine) will undoubtedly be met with "kill them before they kill you", aka beat aggro by playing aggro which most control players hate. Shaman (according to the Legendary streamers I've heard discuss it) has the best chance to beat lock, but even they only have about a 50% win rate. I wouldn't expect a change from Blizzard either, working as intended.

It's an ok game, has some potential but as it stands looks like it's shaping up to be a pure Timmy game. It may balance out before launch, but I highly doubt it. This seems to be what Blizzard is aiming for in the game.

I agree, I still like the game a lot, I am so addicted to it, I just feel really bad facing same strategy again, again, again and again. And you are right about aggro-player mentality, same happened with mages before (kill it until turn 8... now how am I supposed to do that if I don't fill my deck with murlocks or something alike). It seems like it will always be easier to just rush this game early on because relying on control spells and mid-late game creatures is really, really a lot harder because the draws you might get will lead you to death before you can play your desired and planned combos.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 08:48 AMPosted by loldotcom

Druids and Paladins I hear.

After them maybe Warriors, then Shaman. Then Hunter again for giggles.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Tsenzei

Druids and Paladins I hear.

After them maybe Warriors, then Shaman. Then Hunter again for giggles.

Why would you nerf Warriors? I am not sure about Shaman... Maybe... But why Warriors? As said, I am rank 10 and I constantly get Paladins and Warlocks... I barely ever see a warrior, I guess it is pretty hard for them to keep up with meta anyway....
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 11:49 AMPosted by Soda
Why would you nerf Warriors? I am not sure about Shaman... Maybe... But why Warriors? As said, I am rank 10 and I constantly get Paladins and Warlocks... I barely ever see a warrior, I guess it is pretty hard for them to keep up with meta anyway....

Because after everything else is nerfed people will complain about the next thing, and the next. Warriors aren't nearly as bad as people say they are, and have a lot of interesting options. I don't think they're OP, or that they deserve to be nerfed of course, but I think they have more distinctive moves than Shaman, so if everything else gets nerfed I feel like they'd (probably) get complained about before Shaman. I could be wrong, and it would depend on the nature of nerfs.

I also, obviously, don't seriously expect Blizzard to listen to people regarding calling for nerfs all the time, and I suspect that buffs will eventually be made as well, which would also mess with the "cycle" prediction. As things are currently however, if everyone gets the nerfs they want and no other changes are made, that is what I'd expect to see, people calling for nerfs in a cycle like that.
Edited by Tsenzei on 12/23/2013 3:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't play a Warlock rush deck, still sticking with control.

Just play how you like, who cares about the meta.
Reply Quote
i must be lucky i have not played a warlock in about 30 games if not more. i see more mages/priest
Reply Quote
today i played 10 mages and 5 priest 2 hunters 1 druid
Reply Quote
I handle Murloc rush pretty well with my Paladin. Paladin looking pretty solid atm.
Reply Quote
Crying for nerfs is retarded. Pretty much every class has it's people QQing for nerfs. Sure the murlock deck is annoying to play against and it's boring, uneventful. That doesn't mean there's anything overpowered or unfair about it.
Reply Quote
So what exactly are you complaining about here? You've made no specific criticisms, and no suggestions of any kind. You just hate playing against agro warlocks.

Warlocks have plenty of complaints of their own - like how few demons are actually worth using, how terrible most the class cards are for their cost, etc. You are right about one thing - most warlock agro decks use nearly no class cards or demons, other than VW, BI, and FI. Most will use soulfire for spells, and power overwhelming is pretty popular. That's about it. 5 class nearly always used, and a ton of neutral minions. If you think we wouldn't like more variety too, you are very mistaken.
Reply Quote
Last 13 games (ranked 9, dropped to 11 now :D), 9 warlocks. Mad fun yo.
Reply Quote

Indeed, a very sweet sweep on round three, against the opponent's seven Murlocs:
- Wild Pyromancer
- Coin
- Power Word: Shield

--> Empty board on opponent's side, a 3/2 Wild Pyromancer on mine, ready to kill more next turn.

http://i.imgur.com/tN3SVYF.jpg

Here is a picture of me playing warlock. Please look at that picture and tell me what anyone is supposed to do against that. Take a close look at the fact it is only turn 4. I haven't even needed to tap once. Take a look at the enemy hero hp.

If you do not have perfect RNG just at the right time, it is over. Nothing you can do. Even if that board was wiped clean, he has to come back with 5 HP. Not happening.

This type of board being created on the warlock side is done too easily and too consistently. THAT is the problem.

Blizzard says they want this game to be fun and fast.

Is it fast? Very. Is it fun? Not even close.
Edited by Zzod on 12/24/2013 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/24/2013 02:14 PMPosted by Zzod
Blizzard says they want this game to be fun and fast.

Is it fast? Very. Is it fun? Not even close.

Fun is pretty subjective though. I personally generally prefer Control and Combo type decks (I enjoy Aggro occasionally as well), but there are plenty of people that enjoy fast Aggro.
Reply Quote
Warlocks are fine as they are. Aggro Rush is a perfectly acceptable type that can be countered. I don't know what your budget is Soda but head over to the Shaman forums and take a look at my deck. My win rate against Warlock with it is near perfect.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]