I feel like hating the game already

12/23/2013 08:26 AMPosted by Soda
What class-specific cards does it use?

By this point, Murlocks are pretty much Warlock class specific.
Mgrlrlrlrlrl!
Edited by Hamsta on 12/25/2013 1:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/25/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Kilmor
Warlocks are fine as they are. Aggro Rush is a perfectly acceptable type that can be countered. I don't know what your budget is Soda but head over to the Shaman forums and take a look at my deck. My win rate against Warlock with it is near perfect.

shaman have cheap aoe. shouldnt all classes have the same chance to beat something as long as they build towards it? some classes just dont have access to anything to even stand a small chance.
Reply Quote
12/25/2013 02:14 PMPosted by FryChikN
Warlocks are fine as they are. Aggro Rush is a perfectly acceptable type that can be countered. I don't know what your budget is Soda but head over to the Shaman forums and take a look at my deck. My win rate against Warlock with it is near perfect.

shaman have cheap aoe. shouldnt all classes have the same chance to beat something as long as they build towards it? some classes just dont have access to anything to even stand a small chance.

Priest is by far the most lacking in answers to Warlock and they still have SWP and Smite. Hunters have traps and other spells/weapons, Warriors have Whirlwind/Cleave/Slam/Weapons, Druids have tons of spells and taunts, Rogues have a little less rush with much more control, Paladins have the minions to trade and divine shields until their turn 4 aoe, Warlocks all run rush so they trade, Mages have explosion/missiles/frostbolts/nova and Shamans just have quite good aoe.

I specifically told him to go check the Shaman forums because he plays Shaman.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Stickyboots
Aggro will always be top dog in this game. It's designed to be aggro focused just by its mechanics. Every time a non-aggro deck is top in the meta they "adjust" it so it's not nearly as viable again (Hunter OTK, Freeze Mage etc). They prima facie seem to only want aggro decks to do well. It's great for all the Timmy's that play but sucks for everyone that prefers a more skillful game as opposed to playing solitaire that just happens to have someone else playing.

I've learned that pointing it out will just be met with baddie aggro players saying "play better scrub lawl", which is pretty much the standard mentality of the average aggro player. Your post (and mine) will undoubtedly be met with "kill them before they kill you", aka beat aggro by playing aggro which most control players hate. Shaman (according to the Legendary streamers I've heard discuss it) has the best chance to beat lock, but even they only have about a 50% win rate. I wouldn't expect a change from Blizzard either, working as intended.

It's an ok game, has some potential but as it stands looks like it's shaping up to be a pure Timmy game. It may balance out before launch, but I highly doubt it. This seems to be what Blizzard is aiming for in the game.

I don't usually quote posts, but you hit the bloody nail on the head. That post said everything I was feeling and I completely agree. I want to be rewarded by outplaying and thinking my opponent, not just rushing in with minions faster than they can.
Reply Quote
this isnt the game for anybody actually wanting to outplay people.

and the sad thing is people still think this game is super skill intensive.
Reply Quote
12/25/2013 04:45 PMPosted by FryChikN
people still think this game is super skill intensive.

Who?

I mean, yeah, it's got more depth than I initially though when I first saw videos for it but... I've never considered it skill intensive, particularly not compared to other card games... made by Blizzard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]