Legendary-Ranked Druid: Malygos & Moonfire

God, this deck is so much fun. Unfortunately it feels like every time I play it, Maly and my Moonfires are always the last cards in my deck, but the fact I'm still enjoying it is testament to how well made it is.
Reply Quote
I'm running into a couple problems running this deck.

I barely get any use out of the auctioneers. I'm also often left empty handed towards the ends of matches. And with a cleared board on my side.

Should I swap the two Auctioneers for card-draw cards or spell power cards or taunt cards or anything else really? :/ I lost several matches today I could've won if I had more draw powers, cursed RNG today ;)
Reply Quote
i am running one lorewalker cho and one novice engineer to give me more draw power. It is realy funny to late game drop a ragnaros and then a cho next to him in the same turn.
Reply Quote
Paul, were you playing Alex-mage last nightin casual? I was playing druid with golden Ironbarks. Those were very frustrating games!
Reply Quote
12/30/2013 02:21 PMPosted by gilhena
i am running one lorewalker cho and one novice engineer to give me more draw power. It is realy funny to late game drop a ragnaros and then a cho next to him in the same turn.

I like it! May need to craft a Cho!

I subbed in a couple cards but I'm thinking I could actually use MOAR SPELLPOWER as well.
Reply Quote
12/30/2013 02:59 PMPosted by ChickenMagic
Paul, were you playing Alex-mage last nightin casual? I was playing druid with golden Ironbarks. Those were very frustrating games!

I'm frustrated since I can't change my battletag. That wasn't me.

I'd like to change my battletag to PaulWog, since I usually go by that alias (it's not 100% mine, but I own it on Twitch).
Reply Quote
meh.. played this deck over 5 games

got rushed down every time and when i did drop a big bomb, it got insta removed.

go ahead and blame my skill over the RNG if it makes you feel any better i played the deck just fine.

to many high cost cards.
Reply Quote
The influx of Warlocks (big and small), were pretty rough for me last night. I built the deck, card for card, after playing my own version of druid ramp to rank 4, and it did seem better. A lot of times it felt like I was playing a mage deck.

After playing a bunch of games I just barely got into rank 2 (not legendary). I'm impressed with your creativity, Paul. I'll be paying attention to anything else you're playing.

*EDIT* Send a friend request if you don't mind. I started contructed pretty late this ladder but I'm going to dive in on the next one.
Edited by ChickenMagic on 1/2/2014 6:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
I really like to play with druid-decks and i want to give this deck a go, but like most ppl i don't have all the legendaries. You have explained mutch allready about why cards are important in this deck, but in what order would you advise getting the legendaries. I currently have Thalnos, Ragnaros and Alexstrasza and i'm almost at 1600 dust to craft a fourth legendary. Whitch one would you advise and what other cards would you use as replacements for the missing legendaries??
Reply Quote
I second Orinyama's request.

I have Sylvanas and Black Knight only, and can dust another legendary soon. I'm thinking Malygos, as it seems it really enables this deck, but Rag and Alex are equally useful legendaries that go well in many other decks...

Please advise & thanks for the well explained choices, I look forward to try and play in this style.
Reply Quote
Grats on the top 100 Paul!!!
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 01:28 PMPosted by Minutia
Grats on the top 100 Paul!!!

Thanks! :-)

I haven't been on lately. I've had a cold that has sapped every bit of energy I've had out of me for the past week and a bit now. I intended to stream (for the first time ever) in that time. I think I'll try to get around to streaming tomorrow night, and record some of that.

I do have to get around to modifying my deck as well. The druid deck is what got me to legendary, and I even played it at the legendary level with huge success. However, the metagame has shifted, and so should my deck list.

A couple of the things I'm doing with the deck list are as follows:
-1 healing touch
-1 naturalize

I may also be removing ragnaros from the deck. That's an undecided choice. Bloodmage Thalnos is also being looked at.

I'm looking at smoothing out the early game (upping 3-drop minions), and upping my druid of the taunts by 1 so that it's back up to two.
Reply Quote
Paul hi ) you can write video you game play ? )
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 12:28 PMPosted by Deztiny
I second Orinyama's request.

I have Sylvanas and Black Knight only, and can dust another legendary soon. I'm thinking Malygos, as it seems it really enables this deck, but Rag and Alex are equally useful legendaries that go well in many other decks...

Please advise & thanks for the well explained choices, I look forward to try and play in this style.

Assuming you haven't done anything yet my advice is to NOT craft Malygos. He's simply too situational to be used. As you already have Sylvanas, Ragnaros is the much better choice since he fits into many more decks than Malygos does. Malygos is a linchpin in the deck that Paul posted but look at the bigger picture. He works in this deck but he does not work in 90% of the other decks out there.

Another choice is Bloodmage Thalnos. It felt really weird spending 1,600 dust on my Thalnos but, in retrospect, he was worth every single piece of dust. He fits into nearly every Druid, Mage and Rogue deck and can find a home in other classes as well.

Last piece of advice, don't fall into the Ysera trap. She's good but at 9 mana, she tends to be a "win more" card. I recently started to swap her out of decks in favor of different cards and don't ever feel "man if I only had Ysera, I could have won that game..."
Edited by Silke on 1/5/2014 8:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well done on your creative deck sir. Once all serious players start shifting towards druids because it's the only class that seems to be offering any real viable diversity (not to mention unmatched control/survival/drawing), maybe we'll get a nice list of tweaks. Preferably bringing other classes to druid level, but realistically it will probably be druid nerfs.

in any case good luck with streaming :)
Edited by Vanish on 1/6/2014 7:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
To those who have subscribed to my Twitch channel: Thank you! I have yet to stream for the first time ever, and I'm all set to do so tonight (it's 8:00PM right now, my time). I'm currently looking for a way to set up some music for the channel before I begin streaming. I might start streaming in 1-2 hours.

For those who are interested in seeing how the Malygos & Moonfire Druid deck plays, I'll be streaming a bit of that. I haven't been active on ladder for well over a week now (I think two weeks actually), other than playing a few games to stay in the top 100.

I don't know how I'll gear my Twitch stream, but I'll see where it goes.
Edited by Paul on 1/8/2014 8:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Alright, I'm streaming tonight starting at some point between 8PM and 9:30PM Pacific Time (as soon as I can). Currently it's 6:12PM Pacific Time. I couldn't stream last night. I had technical difficulties that I sorted out.

I'll be streaming a few different decks that I feel are viable in the metagame right now. I will also be discussing how I think the meta has shifted for druid decks a little bit: My Malygos & Moonfire deck needs to be modified for the current meta. I have almost every card unlocked in the game (except for Nozdormu and a couple other not-currently-viable cards), so I have the capacity to stream every deck out there.

Again, thank you to those who have followed me so far (the 32 of you hahaha). I don't know if I'll make streaming a habit (not everyone is made to stream & gather an audience), but I always enjoy trying new things.
Edited by Paul on 1/9/2014 6:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
Successful first stream! :-)

Hope to see more viewers soon! I'm not an exclusive Druid player: I play every class.

I'll be on again around 2AM Pacific Time Saturday (basically Friday night).
Reply Quote
Thanks Paul!
Did you record the stream? I'm working atm (EU) so haven't been able to watch your stream.
Edited by Cyban on 1/10/2014 2:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/10/2014 02:51 AMPosted by Cyban
Thanks Paul!
Did you record the stream? I'm working atm (EU) so haven't been able to watch your stream.

I did not. I'll take a look into recording my next stream or the one after that.

I didn't have a particular focus with my stream today. I'm finding Druid is really a difficult deck to play in the meta climbing the ladder currently. Every version of Druid I play is rather erratic. Druid is a great class and I'll continue playing with it as one of the decks I use in ladder, but one of the things I'm streaming is my opinion on what changes I need to make to continue playing Druid viably while still keeping fun options open.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]