Warlock rushers?

I've noticed an enormous number of people playing warlock imp/murloc decks now...

Someone must've posted their winning deck for this on the forum.

Personally, I hate playing against this deck because it completely dominates against the classes I prefer - they just can't put out the cheap, efficient creatures that a warlock can, nor can they burn as well as a warlock.

I'd like to see the blood imp adjusted to not be stealthed, or increased to about a 3 cost card.
Reply Quote
Its due to the mage nerf. They were super popular not to long ago then people started playing aoe heavy mages and ended up shifting the meta. Due to the 'unfun' state of the game, Blizz nerfed the mage and the zerg decks saw a reemergence.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Died
I'd like to see the blood imp adjusted to not be stealthed, or increased to about a 3 cost card.

Stop blaming Bood Imp for your failure to adapt to the meta. There are many ways to counter Warlock rush decks. The fact that you are incapable of figuring out how, does not mean a nerf is needed.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Died
I've noticed an enormous number of people playing warlock imp/murloc decks now...

What rank are you playing? Around rank 12, I've only seen a single murlock warlock. He beat me, but largely more because my opening hand was terrible than that he was playing murlocks.

Nearly all the good murlocks are rares or epics, so its not easy to build that deck.
Reply Quote
Yea, the deck is called Beef stew.

I run it only when farming gold, because I either win in 4 min, or concede. Making gold gain really really fast, compared to winning more often, but longer 30 min games on my druid control.
Reply Quote
I had no problem beating decks like that at all. Maybe try playing a hard control deck?
Reply Quote
I just played a "Beef Stew" deck. Lock vs Lock. I was hoping and praying for a Hellfire, but it never came. Lost on turn 8. :(
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 02:19 PMPosted by Bosskiller

Stop blaming Bood Imp for your failure to adapt to the meta. There are many ways to counter Warlock rush decks. The fact that you are incapable of figuring out how, does not mean a nerf is needed.

Please, be my guest and enlighten us?
Reply Quote

I will.

*Clears throat*

Any AoE in the game.

You're welcome for the assistance in killing your dreaded 1/1 nemesis.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Geek

I will.

*Clears throat*

Any AoE in the game.

You will not survive till turn 5 to get ANY aoe in the game. Weak aoe cards like whirlwind won't do a thing, cuz of blood imps and buffing murlocs.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 08:13 PMPosted by Ryusei

I will.

*Clears throat*

Any AoE in the game.

You will not survive till turn 5 to get ANY aoe in the game. Weak aoe cards like whirlwind won't do a thing, cuz of blood imps and buffing murlocs.

The fact that you die that fast with one of the most survivable classes gives you more problems than blood imps. If you can't make things happen before your opponent fills his field with buffers you need to reconsider your strategy.

You might try asking around the warrior thread about that.

Also, Whirlwind is not weak. Whirlwind opens the door for Execute. It instantly makes anything that didn't have a divine shield vulnerable to your insta-gib card.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 08:13 PMPosted by Ryusei

I will.

*Clears throat*

Any AoE in the game.

Since the blood imp isn't going to be used for attacking, I'm wondering how you are dying in essentially 4 turns?
Reply Quote

Since the blood imp isn't going to be used for attacking, I'm wondering how you are dying in essentially 4 turns?

a picture from someone else on that forums:http://i.imgur.com/tN3SVYF.jpg

so which magical AOE will help this pries on his turn 4?
lets assume the PRIEST can use FLAMESTRIKE! that costs _4_ mana on that turn, even then he is !@#$ed up :D And its not even possible.....

Best AOE you can get is conesceration on turn 4 which deals 2 dmg and uses all your mana and it would just kill the imp and the gnome.

Everybody suggesting AOE, should specify the name of that AOE spell, because after playing about 1k games, i am not sure what you guys mean with it.

Which AOE deals 5 damage to wipe that board, killing both the stealthed imp and every other buffed minion and lets you play something on board so that you will not get overrun next turn?
Reply Quote
12/25/2013 12:35 AMPosted by Atu

lets assume the PRIEST can use FLAMESTRIKE! that costs _4_ mana on that turn, even then he is !@#$ed up :D And its not even possible.....

Best AOE you can get is conesceration on turn 4 which deals 2 dmg and uses all your mana and it would just kill the imp and the gnome.

Everybody suggesting AOE, should specify the name of that AOE spell, because after playing about 1k games, i am not sure what you guys mean with it.

Which AOE deals 5 damage to wipe that board, killing both the stealthed imp and every other buffed minion and lets you play something on board so that you will not get overrun next turn?

To get that board that priest can't have killed ANY minion up till turn 4. If you don't do that against a rush deck, you lose.
Reply Quote

To get that board that priest can't have killed ANY minion up till turn 4. If you don't do that against a rush deck, you lose.

Exactly.
Reply Quote
12/25/2013 12:35 AMPosted by Atu

I actually answered that. Aside from doing ANYTHING besides using Hero Power and playing Shadowform on turns 2 and 3 respectively... there was still an out:

Silence the Leper Gnome and Warleader. Play Soulpriest, and then Circle of Healing. Would have wiped the board entirely leaving a 3/1 for the priest. Alternatively only silence the Gnome and play double Circle of Healing.

Is that likely? No. But again, it would have been much, much easier to deal with if they'd actually done SOMETHING in their first three turns. Play a minion, Smite a minion, Shadow Word: Pain a minion. Anything.

Instead they decided to sit on 7 cards and a Coin. Anyone who does that is in for a world of hurt against just about any constructed deck. Even a stall/combo deck would play cards to take out minions or at least heal/add armor to themselves.
Edited by Tsenzei on 12/25/2013 9:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
The mage nerf indirectly buffed murlocs since CoC and Blizzard come out a turn later. This change buffed all aggro decks but the change is much greater for murlocs since 1 turn is huge when all your minions buff each other.

I don't play my old midrange aggro deck at all anymore, Beef Stew pumps out minions faster and gets hosed by bad card draws much less often. Warlock draw power will still sustain well into the midgame (just like my old aggro deck) and I tossed in Jarraxus as a turn 9 oh-!@#$ card.. haven't had a chance to use it though so not sure if it will work as a last ditch or not.

It's still really weak against mages and rogues (hell, its even weaker against smart mages who know what Arcane Missiles and their hero power are). It also loses exactly 100.0000% of the time if it can't get board control on the very first turn, which is a really huge weakness and I expect the meta to shift to exploit it (and one of the main reasons mages are so strong against it, its hard to snowball when your first drops are picked off by Arcane Missile and hero power)

As for complaining that warlocks play rush decks.. have you even bothered to look at our hero power?
Edited by Maelstrom on 12/27/2013 10:59 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]