Priest most OP class by far..

I usually play as hunter. Lately i have only seen priests 4 out 5 games -_-* Priest must be fun having auto-win cards..

Thoughtsteal- most annoying card by far- 3 mana to draw 2 cards from your opponents deck. Basically a priest can be a priest and a warlock/hunter/mage/warrior/shaman/rogue at the same time!
shadow word pain- 2 mana -just op
shadow word death- 3 mana -retardedly op when combined with pain. nulls any combo to buff/get a strong minion out. Atleast make them cost more. If priest had only pain it would be OK.. but to have 4 low mana instant kill cards with no drawback or randomness is just retarded.
shadow form- apparently a priest can also be an hunter (and can do a better job at it with velen in play)
mind control- retarded if i get shadow words all game to finally buff/ get a good minion out only to be MC'd... its like rubbing salt in a wound after I suffer all those shadow words each turn.
prophet velen- seems like the best class legendary to me.. only op when you combine it with everything else
mind games- just pray it isn't an legendary...

I'm not even going into all the different combos possible with priests.. which are way more than any other class.

I won't go too deep into minions. (I am ignoring light well and light spawn which I think are pretty fun mechanics) BUT....

Northshire Cleric- is the best 1 mana minion in the game. 1/3 easy draw mechanic. turn 1 cleric, turn 2 divine spirit, 1/6 with draw on heal. How the hell am I supposed to counter that? best case scenario would be waiting until at-least turn 2 using the coin and being lucky enough to get the right card (deadly shot as hunter.) Yay, if I'm lucky enough i get to use 1 of 2 of my only kill card (random) on a turn 1 minion. Just make it an 1/2 so arcane shot can actually work on it. I mean you made buzzard a 2/1 which now is easily countered...

I can agree that on their own each card isn't too OP.. but when they are all combined together it is just retarded. PLEASE enlighten priests players on why your class is not OP.. Cause I would love to hear your excuses..
Reply Quote
And why very low amount of priest in 1-8 ranked games?
Reply Quote
I agree with the poster... I just rushed to the forums to write something about this.

I play many different classes, but main as hunter. I'd like to mention a few changes that I believe will put the Priests on the same playing field as all other Heroes, without changing the core play style of the class.

I'm just going to compare hunter vs priests, just to show comparisons. This is by no way saying that Hunter's are played in the same strategies as priest.

DRAW MECHANISMS

Minion draw mechanism:

Northshire Cleric (cost 1, 1/3) vs Starving Buzzard. ( cost 2, 2/1)

As a 1 cost minion, cleric can out-survive 80% of the other 1-2 cost minions out there. It also has 1 damage, allowing it to damage and SURVIVE the other 2/1, 1/1, 1/2 minions, then the Priest can use heal to auto-draw one card. Also mentioning, Druid/Rouge/Mage with their hero powers cannot burst it down quick enough. Getting 2-5 cards using this method is not uncommon for a priest.

Buzzard costs 2 points, making you wait an entire turn before placing it.... But why do that when it has only 1 measly, which is prioritized by 80% of the cards/hero powers out there that can do 1 damage. Furthermore, even though it doesn't have survivability the 2 points is taxing and requires you to summon at least 2 beasts in the same turn, in order to be cost efficient. The hunter's power (2 damage to enemy hero) does not synergize with the draw mechanism, therefore he cannot potentially draw every turn as a priest can.

early game draws = gg

Solution:

-Change cost of N. Cleric to 2 points, from 1 OR change health to 1, from 3
OR
-Change Priests hero power; Lesser Heal, to restore only 1 health, from 2.

Low Cost Draw Spells

Mind Vision Vs Tracking

Mind Vision allows you to trade that card for a copy of a card in your opponent's hand. This allows you to see 1 card that your opponent may play in the future, allowing you to play accordingly. Tracking allows you to see the next 3 cards in your deck, allowing your choice to pick the highest valued card, but trashing the other two in the discard pile.
Both seem almost balanced, though mind vision is still preferred over potentially trashing a card you need from Tracking.

Thoughtsteal (cost 3) Vs Flare (cost 1)

Cost 3 to Draw 2 cards from your opponents deck... How strong is that? .. Chances are the priest will use those 2 cards strategically, even if the cards could have been bad. Hunter has Flare... so you trade 1 card to get 1 card, and you killed off 1-2 secrets from 3 out of 9 classes...

Solution: Change thoughtsteal to Cost 4, from 3.

Low cost damage dealers

Holy smite (cost 1, 2 damage) vs Arcane shot (cost 1, 2 damage)

This is fair.

Mind Blast (cost 2, 5 damage) Vs Kill Command (cost 3, 3 or 5 damage).

For a measly 2 points, you can deal 5 damage to the enemy hero with MB. Kill Command costs an extra point AND requires you to have a BEAST in play in order to use it. Although you can use it to target anyone, the trade off is still more cost efficient for the Priest.

Minion Nuking Spells:

Shadow word Pain (cost 2, kills 1) vs Multishot (cost 4, damages 2)

Shadow word costs 2 allowing you to target 1 enemy with 3 or lower attack. Now it is rare to see a low-mid level minion with higher than three attack. Multishot REQUIRES the enemy to have TWO Minions on the field in order for you two use it. If they have only 1 out, you're screwed... and even then, it may not kill the enemy, since it isn't an auto-kill card. And at a whopping 4 mana, it is risky to include into the deck.

Shadow word Death (cost 3, kill 1) Vs Deadly shot (cost 3, RANDOM kill 1)

Both costs the same, though SWD allows you to target a minion while DS takes a blindfolded shot at the enemy minion line-up. 5 attack is not asking for a whole lot, therefore it is not very risky to include at least one SWD into your deck. However, Deadly shot is usually saved to play later on in the game as is SWD. Though saving the card may come with a risk that the opponent will summon multiple minions by the time the high hitting cards roll out. This increases the chance DS is wasted on a 1/1 minion.

Solutions: A rework of the Shadow words will probably be needed, since the safe zone is if the minion has EXACTLY 4 Damage. Perhaps making the costs 1-2 mana higher.

Make or Break spells

Divine Spirit (cost 2) Vs Hunter's mark (cost 0)

Both cards are saved to use later to make or break minions. Both cards synergize well with their respective decks. Both cards are relatively balanced, though divine spirit holds more value in the priest's deck than Hunter's mark does in the Hunter's deck.

Mind Control ( cost 10) Vs Misdirection

Honestly Hunters don't have any cards that can compare to the power of Mind Control. I threw Misdirection in there because it potential, but very unlikely, could have the same power as MC. Sure it costs 10 mana, but all of the shadow words have nuked what was used against the priests beforehand, allowing the priest to stall until MC. It takes what was the last bit of high-powered minions from the opponent, and turns it against them... Not to mention the Thoughtsteal, mind vision, and Mindgames used earlier to turn 4-8 minions from the opponent's deck against him. Misdirection allows for the chance of the attacking minion to attack the opponent, though most players would know to summon low, and attack low to set off secrets, making this a pointless comparison.

Solution: Mind control is fine within itself, but combined with the sheer amount of control that shadow words have on the battlefield beforehand, it makes this card have hidden power. I would just remake the shadow words.

FINAL SOLUTIONS:

First of all, there is a lot of hidden power found in the Priest's hero power; Lesser Heal. Most hero powers are 2 for 1, in meaning it costs 2 mana in order to do 1 indirect damage. The trade off of 2 for 1, is that it will always be there when you cannot, or do not, want to play anything else. All other 2/2's are untargetable or requires the player to wait a turn to use effectively.

With Lesser Heal, it allows him to target ANYONE he wants, making the 2 for 2 extremely powerful. This has extreme synergy when combined with Northshire Cleric, along with lightwell and lightspawn. Making this change will solve almost 70% of the hidden power that Priests have.

The other change would be to remake the Shadow Words because they also provide a small amount of hidden power due to the low costs, and synergizing well with the deck and Mind Control. Perhaps changing them to deal damage rather than instantly kill targeted minions would be a more fair alternative.

These small changes would definitely help in bringing the priest's power to the level of all other heroes while keeping the play style and strategies the same.

-Thanks for your time
Edited by JimDaAsian on 12/19/2013 5:34 AM PST
Reply Quote

FINAL SOLUTIONS

Stop being bad?

Amazed there are still people who think priests are overpowered. Can't tell if it's hilarious or sad.
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 09:59 PMPosted by Deeztar
And why very low amount of priest in 1-8 ranked games?

There's very low amount at 15+ while at 10+ they are virtually non existent.
Reply Quote
bet Gosly one of those who cry in the mage Forum, while i agree that they have TONS of removal now... Priest is the most annoying class to play against especially if the mind vision your best card..
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 02:07 AMPosted by JimDaAsian

DRAW MECHANISMS

Minion draw mechanism:

Northshire Cleric (cost 1, 1/3) vs Starving Buzzard. ( cost 2, 2/1)

As a 1 cost minion, cleric can out-survive 80% of the other 1-2 cost minions out there. It also has 1 damage, allowing it to damage and SURVIVE the other 2/1, 1/1, 1/2 minions, then the Priest can use heal to auto-draw one card. Also mentioning, Druid/Rouge/Mage with their hero powers cannot burst it down quick enough. Getting 2-5 cards using this method is not uncommon for a priest.

Getting 5 cards out of a NC you drop on turn 1 will almost never happen unless your opponent is a complete idiot. He just has to wait turn 2 to drop a 3-2 and see ya NC. Unless you buff its health and all that, but then he can use a removal card to waste many of yours.
Reply Quote
I simply hate the Priest so far. Highly OP.
I cannot replicate the minute details of the poster above, but MindControl and all those !@#$e Shadow %^-*e.
Just lost to a Priest, where I tried to put up a steady fight (as a Shaman), buff some minions, combine totems; had fairly decent cards... the Priest seemed not to break a sweat. Always had lower damage cards then me but always had some fancy fecking spell to easily counter any of my hard work.
I worked so !@#$%^- hard to KEEP ALIVE at least one powerful minion, buff it... only to see it mind controlled.
If I could just tick some option "match me against anyone but a Priest"....
Reply Quote
Make the Priest a Raw Damage/Raw Healing with Cleanse/HP buff mechanics. Simple fix.

No instant removals. No hard-switch cards. (If anything, make them temporary, like Shadow Madness) No copy cards. No Hp-to-ATK cards. (If anything, make it so you have to constantly heal a minion to keep its attack up)

This would completely change the Priests identity, less RNG. More reliability. Better Meta class. No more whine-whine-whine-blah-blah-blah magnet. Go harass Mages and the rest of the class'.

(BTW, if Priest was so OP, they would have immediately made a patch to change our class, much like the Mages. Food for thought.)
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 08:26 AMPosted by BeatDownCity
a patch to change our class

There is no "our" class, but you are funny.
Shadows:
- 2 mana to destroy a 3/x with taunt (5 cost)
- 3 mana to destroy a x/5 (5 cost)
And that northshire cleric buff? Just miserable. It's just not enough that the player heals, but gets free cards.
At some point, the Priest I was playing against, somewhere almost mid game, had more then 7 cards.
Awesome.
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 08:36 AMPosted by SirLucas
a patch to change our class

There is no "our" class, but you are funny.
Shadows:
- 2 mana to destroy a 3/x with taunt (5 cost)
- 3 mana to destroy a x/5 (5 cost)
And that northshire cleric buff? Just miserable. It's just not enough that the player heals, but gets free cards.
At some point, the Priest I was playing against, somewhere almost mid game, had more then 7 cards.
Awesome.

Nitpicking and ignoring the rest of what I said is funny as well.

Shadows could be changed from insta-removal into damage cards. Maybe a sustained type of damage.

SW:P would be instant 3 damage, and then 2 damage your next turn if the target was not destroyed outright. For 4 Mana. (It would be a weaker fireball, which has less upfront damage, but for less mana.) This could also be used on the Character as well.

SW:D would be an instant 4 damage, and next turn it would be a 2 damage. (So total damage is 6) And it would be for 5 Mana. Could be used on a character.

Spell damage applies to the first hit, but the DoT next turn is not affected by Spell Damage.

NSC just needs to be removed for something like; Hardened Warcleric, 1-1 for 1. And gains 1-1 when a spell is used.
Reply Quote
These comparisons are just hilarious.

If you combine Snake Trap with Starving Buzzard at turn 4 (or 3 with the coin), that's 3 minions and 3 cards, probably even a trade for just 4 mana. You can get a similar effect with Unleash the Hounds.

Combine that with Starving Hyena and you get a really powerful creature.

Let's also not forget that Explosive Trap is just amazing to clear early board floods and that Hunters have awesome weapons.
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 05:25 AMPosted by Valentine
bet Gosly one of those who cry in the mage Forum, while i agree that they have TONS of removal now... Priest is the most annoying class to play against especially if the mind vision your best card..

Hah, if throwing out random insults (that make no sense) makes you feel better then by all means go for it!

Pro tip there's a post history button, check your facts before you post. I've make like 3 posts total on this board, I avoid it because trying to reason with you people who can't educate yourselves isn't worth the effort. This thread is proof of that. So I'll just quote myself:

Stop being bad?

Amazed there are still people who think priests are overpowered. Can't tell if it's hilarious or sad.

EVERY complaint about priests on this board is whining about cards that are actually terrible and incredibly easy to deal with. Priests are good at crushing bad players, so stop being bad and actually learn to play the game you're playing.
Reply Quote
Priests are crazy OP. . . against really bad players. 'Nuff said.
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 09:54 PMPosted by Adonis
PLEASE enlighten priests players on why your class is not OP.. Cause I would love to hear your excuses..

You have identified the strengths of the priest, so just figure out how to play around them and spot weaknesses. I have found paladin to be my hardest match-up as priest because divine shield and 'drop stat to 1' are quite effective.

For starters, notice that priest has no spells to kill a 4 attack minion outright. They have the least offensive minions in the game, and the fewest damage spells of any class. As powerful as heals are, they only work if you have a damaged minion on the board. Lots of Priest choose higher HP, lower damage minions because it is easier to keep them alive.

Couple of things you can try:
- include some 4 attack minions and/or some buffing minions to increase your weaker ones to 4 health, and focus on keeping these alive while trading blows using the others. 4 attack is a bad deal to mind control too.
- only bother dealing damage to a minion when you can outright kill it, else focus on the priest
- use silence. Lots of P offensive power comes from Buffs and Minion abilities.
- My fav: play as priest, and pay attention when you lose to see how
Reply Quote
@JimDaAsian. You can't compare a hunter deck with a priest deck.

1) Hunter decks are early game and priest decks are late game. The mechanics change because the priest has to over come a huge amount of RNG to pull off survival and late game damage.

2) Hunter deck is kind of weak at the moment. Why would you compare one of the least powerful decks to any other deck? Hunters probably need a little buffing.

About Northshire Cleric: This card is balanced. 1/3 is perfectly acceptable for how many cards this card draw can actually pull. I can usually eliminate this card before the priest can even draw off it. A mage gets guaranteed 2 cards. The draw back is it is 3 mana but you can't counter it at all.

Starving Buzzard synergies extremely well with a Hunter deck because it can be buffed to make a powerful damage minion in addition to a card draw. It plays well for a hunter because it makes a good addition to an aggro deck. NS Cleric would not be part of an aggro-ish deck. 1 mana for a card that's only function can be easily countered is fairly balanced.
Edited by Travaxi on 12/19/2013 6:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 07:37 AMPosted by SirLucas
match me against anyone but a Priest

That's actually the best and easiest solution, add an option to exclude class of your selection from your potential enemies. And if Blizzard made a system watching which class players exclude the most (no doubt it would be priests), it would be easy to spot OP classes...

12/19/2013 09:59 AMPosted by FatalJaVa
If you combine Snake Trap with Starving Buzzard at turn 4 (or 3 with the coin), that's 3 minions and 3 cards

What? No player I've ever faced is silly enough to let Buzzard live even for a single turn unless you hide it behind serious tauntwall and the player have no spell with direct damage (which is pretty rare).
Removing Buzzard is easy as it now have only 1 health.

SW:P and SW:D are OP because they are too cost efficient - the removal costing much less han the card itself, and only 1 amount of attack to be safe. Best solution on this? Raise cost of Shadow Word death to 5, make SW:P affect only minions with 2 or less attack (which should be more balanced to cost of cards they remove).
I agree that health of Nortshire cleric is too big for 1-cost card, as there's not much ways to remove 1/3 minion nearly enough, let alone 1/6 - impossible unless you have another instant removal.
Inner fire has small problem that the buffed attack remains buffed if health of the minion goes down, making it extremely powerful no matter how many taunts the enemy prepares. Again easy fix - attack would keep scaling with health (meaning damaging it will lower its attack).
Reply Quote
Hunter is OP too.
Reply Quote
If you think priest is op then you should just quit this game right away.

Oh and l2p
Reply Quote
Hunters it's a classs focused around early/mid game , if u want to compete against late game decks like pala,druid or mage, then u will have a bad time , priest it's not even a late game class cause all other 3 clases are far better for late game , priest it's all about mid game, some weaknesess of the class are:

-silence
-4 attack minions (there are a lot of amazing 4 attack minions, add 2 at least)
-early rush ( priest can't deal with early harass until u can hit nova at 5 mana, and sometimes it's just not enough)
-late game , priest are not bad late game , but other classes outperform the priest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]