Paladin 20-30 damage in one turn issue

I've been laddering and find each paladin using a similar build that I find a bit overpowered. An example:

Turn 10 arrives with any minion for the paladin in play. They use kings (+4/+4), might (+3 atk), and then finish with a good old blessed champion (Doubles a minion's atk) at this point even with a 1/1 minion in play it now does 16 damage in a turn and is uncounterable. If it is a minion that starts with 5 attack it is up to 24 damage in one turn.

Now worst case, as it was earlier for me, a fellow played a giant for zero cost and I couldn't clear him in one turn, so then he got all those buffs and ended up with 30 damage in a single turn straight out killing me when I was in total control.

This is a one turn game ender and I'm not a fan of that happening. Just my 2 cents.
Reply Quote
No Paladin above 14 has BoK, BoM or BC in their decks ...
Reply Quote
I'm rank 10 and i use BoK.
But i agree on BoM and BC. They are bad.
Reply Quote
You will sometimes see a low ranked Paladin use Blessing of Kings but rarely is Blessing of Might and Blessed Champion saw outside of the scrub ranks or casual play.
Reply Quote
Good to know. I'm on my way up the ranks, just started climbing up since the newest patch and hadn't seen it prior to this week. It got me twice in 5 total games both right as they hit 10 mana. Probably just unlucky.
Reply Quote
Use hard removal. /thread
Reply Quote
just put "some" taunt" in you deck. btw. that combo is like 4 cards.
Reply Quote
So i am a noob but why don't people use BoK or bleesed champion or even blessing of might?
Reply Quote
It is kind of lame when you don't see something like that coming but many other classes can do something similar with that number of cards. Priests can quadruple the health of something and make that number their new attack. Everyone ignores the turn 4 turtle until it suddenly becomes a 28/28 next turn. Mages can also hold a bunch of spells in their hand and shotgun you down. I have seen Warriors do it. Bloodlust and Savage Fury have similar results.

The general matter is that by late game (say turn 7), most everyone has equally BS ways of killing each other. There is also the fact that if they were able to do this combination, how many cards were they holding? That limits the number of cards they can put out that are effective NOW (minions, board clear, etc.). It seems like being able to ensure that something like that would always happen would be extremely risky.

@Str1ke4: I think it has something to do with being card inefficient. You buff something up with two or 3 others cards and it is removed with one (Silence, Polymorph). I am still quite new but I believe that is the reason.

Cheers.
-Azernak0
Reply Quote
"you was in control" and your enemy buffed 8/8 giant with 3 cards ? really control ? pls think before you write. now you look like you need L2P
Reply Quote
I Googled this after I managed to pull it off in Arena.

I was versus a hunter that took me down to 3 health while he was sat at a comfortable 20 health. I had played a Ravenholdt Assassin the turn before, that was buffed to 8/6 by my Sword of Justice. My Sword of Justice was also finished, so I played a Truesilver Champion. I had cleared his board as well so he had nothing to kill me with unless he had direct damage or charge - which he did not.

Come my turn, I buff the 8/6 Assassin to 15/10 with Blessing of Kings and Blessing of Might, giving me 19 damage with my weapon. I also get lucky on the draw with a Consecration, dealing a total of 21.

You would probably have to get really lucky for this to happen, but it does - which is a problem.
Reply Quote
12/21/2013 08:17 AMPosted by LuLu

Odd. Rank 11 and I use BoM and BoK
Reply Quote
12/25/2013 11:11 PMPosted by Karasuko

Odd. Rank 11 and I use BoM and BoK

It is still very rare but does have niche usage in certain aggro decks.

Generally speaking buff cards are not desirable for the same reason as they are not in a lot of other card games: When the buffed minion is destroyed or silenced/polyed it creates major card disadvantage.

I'n the Paladin's case(due to their Hero Power) I could see them getting more mileage out of BoK and BoM.
Reply Quote
priests can do this same thing, a lot sooner too.
Reply Quote
i had a game rank 18.
where mage put me to 1 hp and she has 28
she killed lot of my minions but i had 5/2 and 3/2 and 1/1
and then i won by BoM BoK and BC for 24/6 3/2 and 1/1
i would like to see her suprised face cause even hero power of her would kill me
Reply Quote
12/26/2013 08:57 PMPosted by Elendil
Legendaries are so overpowered. Look at how Totalbiscuit is sitting at rank 1 with his deck of legends, right?

I don't think TB has shown even the slightest interest in being a competitive HS player. Just because a bunch of less then bright fans wasted a whole pile of money on cards for him does not make him obliged to suddenly quit his job and shoot for Legend rank.

12/26/2013 10:03 PMPosted by Zazza
imagine if you could limit legendaries to 2 per deck....

WHAT!
#start mass QQing

Sounds good to me.
Reply Quote
12/25/2013 06:00 AMPosted by Ronzer
I Googled this after I managed to pull it off in Arena.

I was versus a hunter that took me down to 3 health while he was sat at a comfortable 20 health. I had played a Ravenholdt Assassin the turn before, that was buffed to 8/6 by my Sword of Justice. My Sword of Justice was also finished, so I played a Truesilver Champion. I had cleared his board as well so he had nothing to kill me with unless he had direct damage or charge - which he did not.

Come my turn, I buff the 8/6 Assassin to 15/10 with Blessing of Kings and Blessing of Might, giving me 19 damage with my weapon. I also get lucky on the draw with a Consecration, dealing a total of 21.

You would probably have to get really lucky for this to happen, but it does - which is a problem.
no dude it isn't a problem, do you think kaiba cried op when yugi finished exodia?
Reply Quote
BoK - 4 cost for 4/4 - can be silenced or dealt with only good for one turn most cases
4 cost gets you a 4/5 minion or a weapon with a free 3/3 taunt or CC for 2dmg.
Reply Quote
mana addict combo is best with blessed champion .. you can do 2x blessing of might which makes mana addict 11/3 .. and then blessed champion which makes it 26/3 .. but still thats 4 cards, ..

another note: i really think stealth units shouldn't be targetable even for the controller.. it opens some stupid possibilities which are almost impossible to counter, unless you stack your deck with 20 taunts
Edited by Kaebilo on 12/28/2013 6:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
A lot of classes can do similar damage with combos, people just aren't using them because they are situational. Only reason people are really doing the giants combo is because so many FOTM people have giants left over from mages....that and its really flashy
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]