Balance or remove Blood Imp

The Blood Imp is entirely too powerful for it's cost. A stealthed minion with such a large effect on the game should either cost more or not have such a powerful combination for a simple 1 mana. It either needs to go away entirely, lose stealth for it's cost, or cost much more than one mana.

I can't count the number of times it's made me lose games. Just dealing with it causes bad choices just to remove it from the board. You waste aoe removal or have to play around it for the entire game.
Edited by Scootypuff on 12/19/2013 10:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 05:37 PMPosted by Scootypuff
The Blood Imp is entirely too powerful for it's cost. A stealthed minion with such a large effect on the game should either cost more or not have such a powerful combination for a simple 1 mana. It either needs to go away entirely, lose stealth for it's cost, or cost much more than one mana.

I can't count the number of times it's made me lose games. Just dealing with it causes bad choices just to remove it from the board. You waste aoe removal or have to play around it for the entire game.

Lulz. Another one of these retarded threads.
Reply Quote
Think of it as an enchant card from magic, the only twist is that it converts any enemy AOEs from an AOE into a disenchant.
Reply Quote
Also, Warlocks have very few good class cards as it is, Demons almost all suck, hard, as their drawbacks directly counteract the deck types they are supposed to function in. Let them have at least a few good class cards.
Reply Quote
I think this problem would be fixed if there were just more available AoE spells for classes beyond Mage, that's all.

I don't see an issue with the mana cost or the effect. Just that there aren't enough ways to deal with Stealth effect minions.
Reply Quote
Go play unranked for fun and see how many warlock aggro/murloc decks you face. Blood Imp makes them frustratingly tiring to deal with. You shouldn't be almost guaranteed a loss because your opponent drops an Imp first round. Remove the stealth and either give it 2 health or make it only grant the 1 health the turn it comes in. A constant ability is entirely too strong for it's cost. If they don't feel like making it balanced, it needs to go.
Reply Quote
Blood Imp fits the aggro meta therefore won't be nerfed. Only control decks get nerfed.
Reply Quote
Really? This thread again?
No he is not overpowered. There are plenty ways to deal with this minion.

The only change that would be possible to not destroy this card would be 2 mana for a 2/1 with the same abilities. Everything else would destroy the card and possibly even warlock itself.
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 05:48 PMPosted by GuyIncognito
Really? This thread again?

The only change that would be possible to not destroy this card would be 2 mana for a 2/1 with the same abilities. Everything else would destroy the card and possibly even warlock itself.
So you're saying it would be about as worthless as cone of cold is currently?
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 05:39 PMPosted by Bosskiller

Lulz. Another one of these retarded threads.

just like all the Mage QQ. someone will have reasons, others will defend it.

trust me, Mages got hit hard, now its warlocks turn bro. too sad for you i guess

Warlock rush is OP nerf please
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 05:48 PMPosted by GuyIncognito
Please tell us all of these "plenty of ways" that we can target & get rid of a stealthed minion (that's inevitably protected behind a void walker).

I play Shaman, and I feel luck to have 4 options available to me (2 x Forked Lightnings + 2 x Lightning Storms), however I still often lose to Warlock spam as it's down to RNGesus if I get what I need in my opening draws.

I've yet to face a Warlock that doesn't play a Void Walker or Flame Imp on turn 1, and I agree with others that the mechanics for how AOE hits Blood Imp boosted minions needs to be looked at.
Reply Quote
It's funny how most Warlock cards are really bad, and a few are really good.
Blood Imp is weird because vs some decks it's amazing while others just use AoE to clear it easily.

The thread title makes little sense; why would they completely remove a card?
Getting rid of the card art, redesigning Warlock's lv up award tables and generally going through a lot of work for something that can be simply nerfed makes absolutely no sense.

You'd get more respect by making sensible balance suggestion than telling them to outright remove cards.

In any case I'm surprised if it doesn't get nerfed at some point.
Perhaps it'll be a 2 or 3 cost card one day.

I think that it's only really problematic because it's so easy to play without losing momentum.
Early in the game AoE removal is hard to get so 2 Blood imps are really powerful.

Later on they tend to still be useful but die to a lot of things.

Warlock really needs a lot of it's other cards buffed, though.
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 05:56 PMPosted by Amael
Please tell us all of these "plenty of ways" that we can target & get rid of a stealthed minion (that's inevitably protected behind a void walker).

Mad Bomber, Wild Pyromancer, Knife Juggler, Doomsayer, Stampeding Kodo, Abomination, Baron Geddon, Demolisher, Sylvanas, Mind Control Tech, Ragnoros

While some may be more suitable to dealing with certain situations better than others* all of those have ways to deal with Stealth.

*(for example Sylvanas or Rag getting the Blood Imp might not not be ideal... but a Ravenholdt Assassin could be, likewise a Doomsayer won't do much against a fully loaded board without strong protection, etc.)

To be honest, I think the main problem many people have with Blood Imp is that they might not have many rares, and of the Neutral options that leaves Mad Bomber as the only non-rare and it isn't reliable. Mad Bomber IS good, but it's never reliable. This isn't a balance issue however, but rather just that it forces 4-8 cards (pending class) as the only AoE/anti-Stealth.

On the other hand, people DO somethimes over-estimate the value of the blood imp buff. It is strong, absolutely, but it isn't overwhelming. Blood Imps are an investment to improve your other cards, and rarely do anything meaningful on their own (and if they do attack, they've either just traded for something and died or are now vulnerable to more conventional removal). Even if you don't include lots of ways to kill/steal Blood Imps directly, you can still deal with them indirectly.
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 05:37 PMPosted by Scootypuff

i am SO TIRED of seeing these QQ threads and it also blows my mind scrubs like you get into a game such as this or any beta for that matter. If you're going to whine about something offer a solution the devs can work with and possibly look into. If they nerf anything they better buff something else because 95% of our demons are !@#$. take off your school girl uniform and grow a pair.
Edited by sLywayzz on 12/22/2013 5:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Where are all these idiots when I'm playing ranked? Everyone seems to know how to remove it there.
Reply Quote
Who doesn't play with knife throwers?
Reply Quote
I find it amusing the number of people who find it necessary to complain about feedback on a game that is still in beta. No game is perfect and if players don't provide feedback, things will never improve.

If no one ever pointed out overpowered cards or combos, we would still have a very unbalanced game. Just a few examples:

Mind Control making playing against a priest extremely frustrating/impossible.
Unleash the Hounds making hunters the kings of OTK.
Mages stalling games forever with Blizzard, Cone, and Nova.

Those are just the most recent but it's been ongoing since they released the beta.

If you can't handle other people pointing out things that need to be adjusted, stop playing or don't browse the forums.
Reply Quote
12/22/2013 09:36 PMPosted by Zoid
Where are all these idiots when I'm playing ranked? Everyone seems to know how to remove it there.

this
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]