Balance or remove Blood Imp

12/23/2013 08:26 PMPosted by sLywayzz
Where are all these idiots when I'm playing ranked? Everyone seems to know how to remove it there.

this

Wish all I needed to roflstomp was a 1/1 with stealth.
Reply Quote
12/22/2013 10:34 PMPosted by Scootypuff
I find it amusing the number of people who find it necessary to complain about feedback on a game that is still in beta. No game is perfect and if players don't provide feedback, things will never improve.

If no one ever pointed out overpowered cards or combos, we would still have a very unbalanced game. Just a few examples:

Mind Control making playing against a priest extremely frustrating/impossible.
Unleash the Hounds making hunters the kings of OTK.
Mages stalling games forever with Blizzard, Cone, and Nova.

Those are just the most recent but it's been ongoing since they released the beta.

If you can't handle other people pointing out things that need to be adjusted, stop playing or don't browse the forums.

Except this isn't overpowered. Hunters may not be great, but Unleash the Hounds was stupid. Mind control was similarly stupid since anything reasonably big would just get stolen the turn after. All the freezes again, stupid, a Mage could start freezing everything at turn 2 and just keep doing it until the end of the game.

All a Blood Imp does is make early game trades more favorable so that the Warlock doesn't have to start killing himself to maintain board control. This is the thing people miss about Warlock aggro, you HAVE to dominate early game because your hero power doesn't let you stall. If you lose board control you're going to need to life tap to get it back, while others can heal or stall in some way.
Reply Quote
12/24/2013 07:08 AMPosted by Zoid
All a Blood Imp does is make early game trades more favorable so that the Warlock

No it makes all trades favorable to the warlock until the deck pulls out their magical AOE spell
Reply Quote
12/24/2013 08:23 AMPosted by Shodori
All a Blood Imp does is make early game trades more favorable so that the Warlock

No it makes all trades favorable to the warlock until the deck pulls out their magical AOE spell

Well, spells are generally magical yes... Not that that's the only way to kill an imp mind...

But it doesn't make all trades more favorable. There are plenty of times that +1 HP actually doesn't make a difference at all, at all stages of the game.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 08:31 PMPosted by Geek

this

If you think its so easy, play a warlock then, and you can roflstomp with you're stealth 1/1's all you like. Then you'll discover what we all have - they're nice early game, but hardly OP.

I wouldn't mind seeing them only buff adjacent minions for the cost, but removing stealth would make the card entirely useless. There would be no reason to play it at that point.
Reply Quote

If you think its so easy, play a warlock then, and you can roflstomp with you're stealth 1/1's all you like. Then you'll discover what we all have - they're nice early game, but hardly OP.

I wouldn't mind seeing them only buff adjacent minions for the cost, but removing stealth would make the card entirely useless. There would be no reason to play it at that point.

That did sound like I meant it that way, my bad.
I meant I wish that the 1/1 was actually enough for me to roflstomp with.
In fact, if you had read any of my posts in any of these threads, you'd know I'm a blood-imp supporter. There's literally nothing wrong with it. I recently killed a Blood Imp buffed to 5/5. It took a little bit, and his minions were 1 tougher, but he lost to better plays.
Edited by Geek on 12/24/2013 3:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/22/2013 10:30 PMPosted by Mario
Who doesn't play with knife throwers?

Me.
Only because I haven't crafted/acquired it yet.
Reply Quote
12/24/2013 03:12 PMPosted by Geek

That did sound like I meant it that way, my bad.
I meant I wish that the 1/1 was actually enough for me to roflstomp with.
In fact, if you had read any of my posts in any of these threads, you'd know I'm a blood-imp supporter. There's literally nothing wrong with it. I recently killed a Blood Imp buffed to 5/5. It took a little bit, and his minions were 1 tougher, but he lost to better plays.

Ooops, sorry. It did sound that way, but sorry for mis-interpreting.
Reply Quote
I find it amusing the number of people who find it necessary to complain about feedback on a game that is still in beta. No game is perfect and if players don't provide feedback, things will never improve.

If no one ever pointed out overpowered cards or combos, we would still have a very unbalanced game. Just a few examples:

Mind Control making playing against a priest extremely frustrating/impossible.
Unleash the Hounds making hunters the kings of OTK.
Mages stalling games forever with Blizzard, Cone, and Nova.

Those are just the most recent but it's been ongoing since they released the beta.

If you can't handle other people pointing out things that need to be adjusted, stop playing or don't browse the forums.

Except this isn't overpowered. Hunters may not be great, but Unleash the Hounds was stupid. Mind control was similarly stupid since anything reasonably big would just get stolen the turn after. All the freezes again, stupid, a Mage could start freezing everything at turn 2 and just keep doing it until the end of the game.

All a Blood Imp does is make early game trades more favorable so that the Warlock doesn't have to start killing himself to maintain board control. This is the thing people miss about Warlock aggro, you HAVE to dominate early game because your hero power doesn't let you stall. If you lose board control you're going to need to life tap to get it back, while others can heal or stall in some way.

Bias of legendary proportions lmao. "This was too strong, that was OP. But my thing, that wins me 100% games is not op! i need it to win!" ofc you do lol.

Mages said just the same thing about theor aoe, hunters said just the same thing about UtH, priests said just the same thing about 8mana Mindcontrol.
Edited by Ryusei on 12/25/2013 3:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/25/2013 02:59 AMPosted by Ryusei
Bias of legendary proportions lmao.

Because you don't have any, naturally.

"This was too strong, that was OP. But my thing, that wins me 100% games is not op! i need it to win!" ofc you do lol.

Hyperbole and strawman arguments aren't good. They won't help your argument and they make you look like a bit of a jerk, which isn't cool.

Mages said just the same thing about theor aoe, hunters said just the same thing about UtH, priests said just the same thing about 8mana Mindcontrol.

Mage Freeze got overnerfed (I think at least Frost Nova should have remained 2, and CoC should probably get something to compensate for costing 4, albeit something minor). Hunters were weak before UTH rework (which should cost at most 3, not 4, but is otherwise an interesting mechanic), and the Buzzard nerf was completely unnecessary, now Hunters are almost pathetically weak instead of weak with a few interesting gimmicks. Priests were strong, though I think 9mana MC would have been a better compromise, but the reality is they have enough strong single-target removal that it's not that big of a deal in the end... but they still aren't seen much at higher rank, and that has nothing at all to do with MC, but rather meta shifts overall, they'll swing back if/when people decide they're a better counter to Paladins and Druids (who are currently fulfilling the control role in the meta).

You want to claim that bias and wanting to abuse a (in your view) "OP" card is the reason for people's arguments. And that might be the case for some people, some of the time. But that doesn't mean that's the reason all the time. Sometimes, when people say: "it's a necessary mechanic at a balanced cost." They mean it sincerely. And sometimes they're even correct. It might sound the same, but the difference lies in whether or not they are stating the truth, rather than just allowing bias or greed lie for them... or to them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]