Ancient of war vs Ironbark protector

Simple Question: Witch of these do you prefer and why!?
Reply Quote
Ancient of war i prefer.

-has more health (survives a hit from rag and well, annything else for that matter)
-is one mana cheaper
-does not get killed by biggame hunter

The extra attack from ironbark has little value,you usually use a taunt to protect you from manny small creatures, against wich 5 attack is enough to kill them.
Disadvantage is the silence, though then its still a 5/5.
Reply Quote
Cant say I disagree Dido!

Just wanted to here what others view about those two minions. Both prety good though..

Thx for answering mate ;)
Reply Quote
In my opinion AoW is also better mainly because it allows you to actually decide the usage. Ironbark is just a big taunt nothing else (although it is also a good card to have in deck) :)
Reply Quote
I like both of the cards for different reasons, but personally I run 1 AoW in my deck and 2 Ironbarks.

AoW - Extremely Flexible, I almost always use it for its 5/10 taunt but everynow and then when I have board control and already have a taunt on the board I play it as a 10/5 and BAM!! All it takes is 1 turn for it to pay for itself. The card is extremely good as it is extremely flexible and does both jobs well, offense and defense.

Ironbark Protector - This guy is just big... I mean BIG, you don't have to worry about silences and is far better in the late game as your see your oponents minions begin to rise above 5 health. If that happens against AoW then there is a chance they can remove him without losing a minion, but with the big bad Ironbark there is very little chance that anything that attacks it is going to see another day. There are times where I wished it had a bit more health just because 2 minions with 4 attack can clear it or even one with 2 attack and another with 6, but it happens rarely and when it does happen I normally have another in hand to follow it up.

So again I like them both for different reasons, Ironbark is going to give you a bit more security than AoW, its going to kill anything that attacks it, its going to take a few hits before it goes and most importantly it doesn't lose its worth when silenced. AoW on the other hand is extremely flexible and does both jobs very well, but its attack isn't too great for late game trades and once silenced it becomes a 7 mana card with the stats of a 5 mana card.

If push came to shove and I had to take one out of my deck I would hold on to Ironbark, just for the fact that it too does both offensive and defense well. You must remember that you don't just want it for the ping damage it gives when attacked but because if you do have board control its doing a mighty 8 damage, where AoW would only be doing 5. AoW's flexibility makes it promising, but Ironbarks reliability makes it irreplaceable.
Edited by Weak on 12/22/2013 11:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ancient of war is always better for board control. It costs 1 mana less and that 5 damage is more than sufficient to kill most low mana minions.
Reply Quote
12/21/2013 10:43 AMPosted by Dido
Ancient of war i prefer.

-has more health (survives a hit from rag and well, annything else for that matter)
-is one mana cheaper

The extra attack from ironbark has little value,you usually use a taunt to protect you from manny small creatures, against wich 5 attack is enough to kill them.

+1 to all points. I run it over Ironbark in my deck.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 06:31 PMPosted by Corwin
Ancient of war i prefer.

-is one mana cheaper

+1 to all points. I run it over Ironbark in my deck.

I dont know about this, you wouldnt believe how good it feel, especially in the LATE GAME, when your opponent has something big like stormwind champion or a Giant and you put Ironbark down knowing well that its going to take someone with it..

Dont get me wrong AoW is a decent card, but in the late game if you put it down the enemy will take a lickin and keep on kicken.. then more removal will be needed to finish.
Reply Quote
ironbark is big game hunter fodder

AoW kills most things, isn't killed by any non-buffed minion, and is cheaper...
Reply Quote
12/21/2013 09:20 AMPosted by Pamh78
Simple Question: Witch of these do you prefer and why!?

Simple Answer: AoW
Reply Quote
Yes, what they aren't telling you is that as soon as you play AoW they will silence it. That turns your big bad AoW into 5/5 piece of fodder.

How can they clear Ironbark without hard removal/?
Reply Quote
AoW, all the time.

About silencing him : you use him for his taunt ability to prevent swarm deck or warrior's weapons from killing you. If you silence Ironbark he also loses his taunt and thus his ability to protect you.

Ironbark also cost 1 less mana which can save your life. On top of that, turning him into a 10/5 vs mage burn deck is quite useful (either he's going to the damages or he's going to take a fireball which is fine vs these decks).
Reply Quote
I run one of each in my druid deck, they both are useful
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]